2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:53
CjC wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:17
GrizzleBoy wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:27
Wait waaaaaat.

First time Nando is powered by a merc engine in about 15 years!
He’s been desperately wanting to get his foot on one of those since 2014😂😂
Do we know for sure AM are not running Renault engines next year? :twisted:
😂😂
As I’m not a fan of the team I haven’t got the foggiest😂
Imagine if they do make the switch :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Just a fan's point of view

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

CMSMJ1 wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:52
I wonder how much of an education young Lance is about to receive!!
If he cuts up and brake-tests Fernando like he has done with Seb, he'll get an education in Spanish swear words, that's for sure. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

diffuser

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:33
Aston Martin has signed the best driver of the grid alongside Verstappen.
that a great move for Aston...
but the car is a stone this year...
Or the drivers are!

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

diffuser wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:37
Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:33
Aston Martin has signed the best driver of the grid alongside Verstappen.
that a great move for Aston...
but the car is a stone this year...
Or the drivers are!
sorry, but i dont understand your post.

NAPI10
NAPI10

F1doc wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:26
Finding a Vettel replacement was quick. I wonder if Seb was pushed into retirement with delaying a decision on driving for next year. Alonso has wanted to stay on the grid and with Piastri waiting with Alpine, there wasn't much future there.
There could be some truth to that. Saudi has increased its stake in AM & Seb is quite vocal about 'Human Right Violation and 'Environmental Sustainability'.I don't know if he is forced to retire but these moves look well orchestrated. Everything happened in a span of 5 days.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Big Tea

Thats the problem with F1. The driver and the team are working blind.
Alonso may go there and first day in the car think "oh-oh". The driver has preferences so some cars will feel natural while others just do not.
Same with the team, Although in Alonso's case I think we can just give it a tick, there is only reputation to go by.

There should be some time allowed to run a driver test in private during the season.
Who buys a car without testing it?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Ferdecarreras
Ferdecarreras

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:07
CMSMJ1 wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:52
I wonder how much of an education young Lance is about to receive!!
If he cuts up and brake-tests Fernando like he has done with Seb, he'll get an education in Spanish swear words, that's for sure. :lol:
The best lenguage to swear there is.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Really happy for AM. They got the most relentless(along with Max) and passionate driver on the grid. The team is in the building stage & they will use all optimism & experience that Alonso will bring.
What's in it for Alonso? Maybe the deal (money & terms) as per his liking and a gamble on a team that might deliver a surprise in coming years.

Redragon

Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 15:06
Thats the problem with F1. The driver and the team are working blind.
Alonso may go there and first day in the car think "oh-oh". The driver has preferences so some cars will feel natural while others just do not.
Same with the team, Although in Alonso's case I think we can just give it a tick, there is only reputation to go by.

There should be some time allowed to run a driver test in private during the season.
Who buys a car without testing it?

can he have done some secret simulation test? it is just 40 min drive between Alpine F1 and Aston Martin factories, with an Alpine car probably 25 min

AMG.Tzan

Thankfully they didn't go for Mick Schumacher cause otherwise I don't see how they would develop as a team with two mediocre drivers!

Hopefully come 2023 they don't produce a crap of a car just like 2022 and they give Alonso a better chance to fight...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

RedNEO

Mansell89 wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 12:51
If we stopped time and assessed things now, I can see why people are unsure this works for all parties.

I actually think Fernando might have joined the right project. Lawrence Stroll has invested in the infrastructure and talent at Silverstone to make this team one that competes at the front.

Dan Fallows is incredibly exciting as a tech director and we are seeing early signs of his creativity.

Sure, Astons car this year isn’t great, but it’s about next year and the following year and there are good people and good facilities. It’s a team that will be on the Uk and I hope he does well.

It enables Alpine to develop Piastri and of course they had already signed Ocon up so they and no other way of doing it.

I like this and think Alonso might grab some more trophies at Aston.
It’s been a long time since Alonso has joined a team that matches his commitment level with there investment level.. finally he’s got one. They might not look too hot right now but I think they are on a good trajectory.

I wonder when he will be able to test the car.. I hope alpine don’t get salty about releasing him lol

BrunoH
BrunoH

as an Alonso fan, wold love to see how Stroll Senior is going to act with Fernando when the car does not perform and he starts demanding ( and rightfully so,.... )

RedNEO

BrunoH wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 17:41
as an Alonso fan, wold love to see how Stroll Senior is going to act with Fernando when the car does not perform and he starts demanding ( and rightfully so,.... )
Fernando has been good friends with the Strolls for many years they understand each other very well. Alonso is also Lances favourite driver growing up.

Jolle
Jolle

BrunoH wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 17:41
"I did not sign with the number nine team team on the grid for XX dollars to fight for 10th!"

Even Alonso must know he didn't sign for a top team.