2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Redragon wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 17:32
Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 15:06
Thats the problem with F1. The driver and the team are working blind.
Alonso may go there and first day in the car think "oh-oh". The driver has preferences so some cars will feel natural while others just do not.
Same with the team, Although in Alonso's case I think we can just give it a tick, there is only reputation to go by.

There should be some time allowed to run a driver test in private during the season.
Who buys a car without testing it?

can he have done some secret simulation test? it is just 40 min drive between Alpine F1 and Aston Martin factories, with an Alpine car probably 25 min
IDK about the sim, don't see why not though but the actual cars are only allowed to run for specified periods like filming day, so I can not imagine them being allowed, and if they had I'm sure someone would have pasted it on social media.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:42
diffuser wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:37
Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:33
Aston Martin has signed the best driver of the grid alongside Verstappen.
that a great move for Aston...
but the car is a stone this year...
Or the drivers are!
sorry, but i dont understand your post.
Is the car the problems at AMR or the drivers?

Spoutnik

Is Alonso still a top driver in your opinion ?

RedNEO

I’m sure he will already be working behind the scenes with them as best they can to develop next years car. I can’t wait to seem him in the car already.. when is the earliest he can do a test with them I wonder? November?

PlatinumZealot

They Have Dan Fallows and Andy Green. That's a powerful combination. I'm sure their car will be foghting for podiums at least.

Sebastian and Lance aren't exactly great when it comes to car development and neither is Fernando.... But furtantely the rules are stable for next year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jolle

RedNEO wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 20:25
I’m sure he will already be working behind the scenes with them as best they can to develop next years car. I can’t wait to seem him in the car already.. when is the earliest he can do a test with them I wonder? November?
If he was and anybody would find out, Renault would sue him for everything he had and he would get an ban from the FIA for spying.
If he would be working with AM now, that would be cheating. are you calling Alonso a cheater?

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 22:14
RedNEO wrote:
If he was and anybody would find out, Renault would sue him for everything he had and he would get an ban from the FIA for spying.
If he would be working with AM now, that would be cheating. are you calling Alonso a cheater?

It depends. If he was just 'suggesting' new HR or Production systems to them he should be OK, If he was feeding tec stuff he would be fried.

I wonder if he keeps a diary and leaves it laying around :mrgreen: : Just kidding, he is a professional.

Alonsismo

diffuser wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 20:24
Alonsismo wrote:
diffuser wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:37

Or the drivers are!
ahh yeah.
i think that now, the problem is both.

stroll is only better than latifi.
Vettel is a great driver but now he is on a zen mode and not developing a good performance (2017 vettel would smash actual vettel).

i think Alonso would be at least 0.3-0.4s faster than vettel or stroll with the same car.

on the other part, the actual car was born with the wrong concept, they had to change all the aero, and now they have to focus on a new car for 2023.

i hope they can provide a car that is able to win at least 1 or 2 races in 2023.
i need that 33rd win.

Alonsismo

Spoutnik wrote:
Is Alonso still a top driver in your opinion ?
Alonso is today the best driver of the grid alonsgisde max verstappen.

Big Tea

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 23:38
diffuser wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:

ahh yeah.
i think that now, the problem is both.

stroll is only better than latifi.
Vettel is a great driver but now he is on a zen mode and not developing a good performance (2017 vettel would smash actual vettel).

i think Alonso would be at least 0.3-0.4s faster than vettel or stroll with the same car.

on the other part, the actual car was born with the wrong concept, they had to change all the aero, and now they have to focus on a new car for 2023.

i hope they can provide a car that is able to win at least 1 or 2 races in 2023.
i need that 33rd win.
Not the popular vote, but I have to come to Lance defence here. He is not a top level driver, never will be, but I see him as- shall we say- as good as the average F1 driver, which is way above the average anything.

We do not know what goes on behind the scenes in the team, but who ever his team mate is he seems to rise almost their level. Don't go thinking that if I was toto I would give him a ring, but he is on the top half or average to me, but restricted by politics.

Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 19:16
Redragon wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 17:32
Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 15:06
Thats the problem with F1. The driver and the team are working blind.
Alonso may go there and first day in the car think "oh-oh". The driver has preferences so some cars will feel natural while others just do not.
Same with the team, Although in Alonso's case I think we can just give it a tick, there is only reputation to go by.

There should be some time allowed to run a driver test in private during the season.
Who buys a car without testing it?

can he have done some secret simulation test? it is just 40 min drive between Alpine F1 and Aston Martin factories, with an Alpine car probably 25 min
IDK about the sim, don't see why not though but the actual cars are only allowed to run for specified periods like filming day, so I can not imagine them being allowed, and if they had I'm sure someone would have pasted it on social media.
Well, Alpine two years ago found a loophole that made Alonso a rookie again.

But there are lots of ways to run team and driver through its paces. The sim is one, another is running an older car. The latter doesn’t even have to impact the cost cap.

Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 23:05
Jolle wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

It depends. If he was just 'suggesting' new HR or Production systems to them he should be OK, If he was feeding tec stuff he would be fried.

I wonder if he keeps a diary and leaves it laying around :mrgreen: : Just kidding, he is a professional.
There was an excellent piece on sky some years ago how teams approach drivers when they are driving for another team the next season. In short: they are cut out of any development and most of the meetings go without them. Like working as a guest in your own company.

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 00:45
Big Tea wrote:
Jolle wrote:

There was an excellent piece on sky some years ago how teams approach drivers when they are driving for another team the next season. In short: they are cut out of any development and most of the meetings go without them. Like working as a guest in your own company.
You would no happen to have a link would you please? (If you are like me you will not recall where you read something yesterday, but still keep the info :mrgreen: )

Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 00:48
Jolle wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

You would no happen to have a link would you please? (If you are like me you will not recall where you read something yesterday, but still keep the info :mrgreen: )
No sorry, it was one of those things I watched years ago… must be somewhere on YouTube

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 00:52
Big Tea wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 00:48
Jolle wrote:

No sorry, it was one of those things I watched years ago… must be somewhere on YouTube
Thanks anyway.