2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
diffuser
158
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

peewon wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:27 pm
diffuser wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:10 pm
It's a roll of a dice, which car will be faster next year. So from that side there is no real edge , one way or the other. I also get that Otmar's language at times was favouring Ocon...

Forget the Piastri saga, Fernando has nothing to do with that. He does not write those contracts, nor is responsible for knowing what's in those contracts. Let's just not forget that Alpine opened the door for Alonso to make his comeback. Just for that, I think, they deserved fair warning that he was leaving.
I think the fact that you don't have a contract signed is a fair warning. When Otmar says he's was surprised by Alonso leaving, what he means is that he's surprised Alonso found an option he liked.

Alpine was banking on the fact that Alonso would not have an option that he would like. Otmar was openly criticizing Alonso, out of context, trying to negotiate against him publicly.

And it's also pretty rich for Alpine to complain about being blindsided when they took the hatchet to Prost and Budkowski in the middle of the night
No they didn't. They wanted Prost to stay on but Had cut him out of the rumour mill and decision making and he didn't like that and left of his own accord. Budkowski announced his was let go but he was not told overnight.

Maybe you're on to something...

User avatar
diffuser
158
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

peewon wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:27 pm
diffuser wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:10 pm
It's a roll of a dice, which car will be faster next year. So from that side there is no real edge , one way or the other. I also get that Otmar's language at times was favouring Ocon...

Forget the Piastri saga, Fernando has nothing to do with that. He does not write those contracts, nor is responsible for knowing what's in those contracts. Let's just not forget that Alpine opened the door for Alonso to make his comeback. Just for that, I think, they deserved fair warning that he was leaving.
I think the fact that you don't have a contract signed is a fair warning. When Otmar says he's was surprised by Alonso leaving, what he means is that he's surprised Alonso found an option he liked.

Alpine was banking on the fact that Alonso would not have an option that he would like. Otmar was openly criticizing Alonso, out of context, trying to negotiate against him publicly.

And it's also pretty rich for Alpine to complain about being blindsided when they took the hatchet to Prost and Budkowski in the middle of the night

It's just he doesn't need anymore bad press and this may get him that. People are gonna says "there goes Alonso screwing over another team."

User avatar
RedNEO
28
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

The person and team getting bad press is alpine and Otmar.. they are getting ripped apart whether it’s on Reddit or twitter..

Otmar is coming after Piastri now for being “disloyal”. He’s making himself and alpine look like buffoons

https://racingnews365.com/szafnauer-cri ... y-from-him
Szafnauer criticises Piastri: I expected more loyalty from him

User avatar
RedNEO
28
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

Anyway back on topic new interview with Mike Krack and update on Factory. :)
Mike Krack on the season so far, signing Alonso and planning for 2023
https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... Mike_Krack

NAPI10
NAPI10
13
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

RedNEO wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:19 pm
Anyway back on topic new interview with Mike Krack and update on Factory. :)
Mike Krack on the season so far, signing Alonso and planning for 2023
https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... Mike_Krack
Good to hear that team has already focused on the 2023 car.

User avatar
RedNEO
28
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

NAPI10 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:53 pm
RedNEO wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:19 pm
Anyway back on topic new interview with Mike Krack and update on Factory. :)
Mike Krack on the season so far, signing Alonso and planning for 2023
https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... Mike_Krack
Good to hear that team has already focused on the 2023 car.
Going to be interesting to see how different it will be.. it sounds like it’s gonna be a quite a change.

Chanman141
Chanman141
0
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

What's the situation like with Mick Krack and Martin Whitmarsh? Is it a similar setup to Andreas Seidl and Zak Brown?

User avatar
peewon
1
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:11 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

diffuser wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:11 pm
peewon wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:27 pm
diffuser wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:10 pm
It's a roll of a dice, which car will be faster next year. So from that side there is no real edge , one way or the other. I also get that Otmar's language at times was favouring Ocon...

Forget the Piastri saga, Fernando has nothing to do with that. He does not write those contracts, nor is responsible for knowing what's in those contracts. Let's just not forget that Alpine opened the door for Alonso to make his comeback. Just for that, I think, they deserved fair warning that he was leaving.
I think the fact that you don't have a contract signed is a fair warning. When Otmar says he's was surprised by Alonso leaving, what he means is that he's surprised Alonso found an option he liked.

Alpine was banking on the fact that Alonso would not have an option that he would like. Otmar was openly criticizing Alonso, out of context, trying to negotiate against him publicly.

And it's also pretty rich for Alpine to complain about being blindsided when they took the hatchet to Prost and Budkowski in the middle of the night

It's just he doesn't need anymore bad press and this may get him that. People are gonna says "there goes Alonso screwing over another team."
Eh, Alonso is going to get sh*t from a certain large section of fans and media no matter what he does and we all know the reason for it. There were already multiple theories of him master-planning the entire saga, as if he could possibly have any say into the timing of Vettel's announcement or Alpine's dealing with Piastri. Hes not going to get a fair shake, especially with the nature of the new fan base.

Prost leaving is one thing, what he said when he left was another and quite revealing. It was the first real public confirmation about the stuff that had started circulating about Rossi. Budkowski had a middle finger up in the photo after the last race last season after he found out he was being let go. These are not normal even though Formula 1 has a constant churn of people moving about. It points to some unusually egregious nature of their departures.

User avatar
diffuser
158
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

peewon wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:55 pm
diffuser wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:11 pm
peewon wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:27 pm


I think the fact that you don't have a contract signed is a fair warning. When Otmar says he's was surprised by Alonso leaving, what he means is that he's surprised Alonso found an option he liked.

Alpine was banking on the fact that Alonso would not have an option that he would like. Otmar was openly criticizing Alonso, out of context, trying to negotiate against him publicly.

And it's also pretty rich for Alpine to complain about being blindsided when they took the hatchet to Prost and Budkowski in the middle of the night

It's just he doesn't need anymore bad press and this may get him that. People are gonna says "there goes Alonso screwing over another team."
Eh, Alonso is going to get sh*t from a certain large section of fans and media no matter what he does and we all know the reason for it. There were already multiple theories of him master-planning the entire saga, as if he could possibly have any say into the timing of Vettel's announcement or Alpine's dealing with Piastri. Hes not going to get a fair shake, especially with the nature of the new fan base.

Prost leaving is one thing, what he said when he left was another and quite revealing. It was the first real public confirmation about the stuff that had started circulating about Rossi. Budkowski had a middle finger up in the photo after the last race last season after he found out he was being let go. These are not normal even though Formula 1 has a constant churn of people moving about. It points to some unusually egregious nature of their departures.
Prost and Budkowski would react poorly to being canned. Enstone has executed on the chassis side. So you can say what you like but he has put together a good team. With the exception of the negotiations with Alonso and maybe the contract with Piastri they've hit all the Mark's they were looking to hit.

KimiRai
KimiRai
0
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:08 pm

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

diffuser wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:53 pm

Prost and Budkowski would react poorly to being canned. Enstone has executed on the chassis side. So you can say what you like but he has put together a good team. With the exception of the negotiations with Alonso and maybe the contract with Piastri they've hit all the Mark's they were looking to hit.
This is not true, had to make an account to reply. Luca de Meo said that they "must be in a position to score podiums and win one or two races by 2022 at the latest". This year not even a single podium has been achieved yet. Which is why Rossi has created yet another 4 year plan to excuse the failures, because it's common tradition at the Enstone team to always be in a transition year.
Now to keep this on topic, and also to play the devils advocate, while Renault has stagnated Aston Martin has gone backwards, which is even worse.
Last edited by KimiRai on Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
70
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

diffuser wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:53 pm
peewon wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:55 pm
diffuser wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:11 pm



It's just he doesn't need anymore bad press and this may get him that. People are gonna says "there goes Alonso screwing over another team."
Eh, Alonso is going to get sh*t from a certain large section of fans and media no matter what he does and we all know the reason for it. There were already multiple theories of him master-planning the entire saga, as if he could possibly have any say into the timing of Vettel's announcement or Alpine's dealing with Piastri. Hes not going to get a fair shake, especially with the nature of the new fan base.

Prost leaving is one thing, what he said when he left was another and quite revealing. It was the first real public confirmation about the stuff that had started circulating about Rossi. Budkowski had a middle finger up in the photo after the last race last season after he found out he was being let go. These are not normal even though Formula 1 has a constant churn of people moving about. It points to some unusually egregious nature of their departures.
Prost and Budkowski would react poorly to being canned. Enstone has executed on the chassis side. So you can say what you like but he has put together a good team. With the exception of the negotiations with Alonso and maybe the contract with Piastri they've hit all the Mark's they were looking to hit.
That's an optimistic viewpoint but for the sake of staying on topic, I won't elaborate

User avatar
peewon
1
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:11 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

diffuser wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:53 pm
peewon wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:55 pm
diffuser wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:11 pm



It's just he doesn't need anymore bad press and this may get him that. People are gonna says "there goes Alonso screwing over another team."
Eh, Alonso is going to get sh*t from a certain large section of fans and media no matter what he does and we all know the reason for it. There were already multiple theories of him master-planning the entire saga, as if he could possibly have any say into the timing of Vettel's announcement or Alpine's dealing with Piastri. Hes not going to get a fair shake, especially with the nature of the new fan base.

Prost leaving is one thing, what he said when he left was another and quite revealing. It was the first real public confirmation about the stuff that had started circulating about Rossi. Budkowski had a middle finger up in the photo after the last race last season after he found out he was being let go. These are not normal even though Formula 1 has a constant churn of people moving about. It points to some unusually egregious nature of their departures.
Prost and Budkowski would react poorly to being canned. Enstone has executed on the chassis side. So you can say what you like but he has put together a good team. With the exception of the negotiations with Alonso and maybe the contract with Piastri they've hit all the Mark's they were looking to hit.
Being a prick and being successful are not mutually exclusive. So its possible, the project is a success. Im a bit reticent to judge a car's performance this year with the rate of development but they're not exactly setting the world alight. Maybe Im not seeing it but they seem quite a bit off from the top 3 considering they are a works team and this year was a fresh start. Maybe with their upgraded facilities and bolstered staff, they will close the gap.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002
0
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

I don't see why AM can not be in Podium next year or starting from second off this season. They have two key Aerodynamic people from Mercedes and RB. The Mercedes one already started working on from Jan 2022 but he cannot change anything on the 2022 car as it is already developed. The RB one started in April 2022. I believe the innovative wing could be from them.

I strongly believe they can cable to close the gap to Alpine and may be even with Mercedes in coming races.

2023 they may be frequent visitor to podiums.

User avatar
RedNEO
28
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

New factory :)

User avatar
diffuser
158
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Post

peewon wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:00 pm
diffuser wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:53 pm
peewon wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:55 pm


Eh, Alonso is going to get sh*t from a certain large section of fans and media no matter what he does and we all know the reason for it. There were already multiple theories of him master-planning the entire saga, as if he could possibly have any say into the timing of Vettel's announcement or Alpine's dealing with Piastri. Hes not going to get a fair shake, especially with the nature of the new fan base.

Prost leaving is one thing, what he said when he left was another and quite revealing. It was the first real public confirmation about the stuff that had started circulating about Rossi. Budkowski had a middle finger up in the photo after the last race last season after he found out he was being let go. These are not normal even though Formula 1 has a constant churn of people moving about. It points to some unusually egregious nature of their departures.
Prost and Budkowski would react poorly to being canned. Enstone has executed on the chassis side. So you can say what you like but he has put together a good team. With the exception of the negotiations with Alonso and maybe the contract with Piastri they've hit all the Mark's they were looking to hit.
Being a prick and being successful are not mutually exclusive. So its possible, the project is a success. Im a bit reticent to judge a car's performance this year with the rate of development but they're not exactly setting the world alight. Maybe Im not seeing it but they seem quite a bit off from the top 3 considering they are a works team and this year was a fresh start. Maybe with their upgraded facilities and bolstered staff, they will close the gap.
Remember Rossi's goals were not to be challenging for titles this year. They were for shooting for fourth or fifth.