2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Vettel's pace today.... :wtf:

Especially compared to literally having the worst car on the grid in the first 3 races. It has been an almost unbelievable recovery of form for Aston Martin.

Mansell89

Some glimmers of promise for Aston and Dan Fallows- I look forward to seeing their take on these regs the next couple of full seasons together.

Any idea when their new sim comes online?

NAPI10

Mansell89 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 00:48
Some glimmers of promise for Aston and Dan Fallows- I look forward to seeing their take on these regs the next couple of full seasons together.

The new sim will be available at end of 23 or early 24; based on their new facility updates.

It's an amazing recovery by AM; from the worst car on the grid at the start of the season to a competitive car by end of it. If not for the ----up at the pit stop & Stroll's suicidal move; the team would have consolidated 6th position.
Their high-profile technical recruitment started paying off =D> =D> =D>

The Prodigy

NAPI10 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 16:11
Mansell89 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 00:48

The new sim will be available at end of 23 or early 24; based on their new facility updates.

It's an amazing recovery by AM; from the worst car on the grid at the start of the season to a competitive car by end of it. If not for the --- at the pit stop & Stroll's suicidal move; the team would have consolidated 6th position.
Their high-profile technical recruitment started paying off =D> =D> =D>
Yes I fully agree. It looks like the aggressive developments brought Aston Martin on Alpine/McLaren Level.

I would also say that the Aston Martin was the fastest car from these three in Austin. I am really excited to see Fernando in this Team over the next 2-3 Seasons.

selvam_e2002

Please ask stroll JR not to drive link a dump. It is interesting to see how these two work together.

AR3-GP

What a missed opportunity for Aston Martin to sign both Vettel and Alonso.

I don't mean to knock Lance, but I reckon Vettel would have had a lot less pressure on himself to make a decision to retire, if there wasn't a replacement already lined up. He could have waited until the end of the season knowing Alonso would be in the other seat and that there was no pressure to decide.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 22:52

I don't mean to knock Lance, but I reckon Vettel would have had a lot less pressure on himself to make a decision to retire, if there wasn't a replacement already lined up. He could have waited until the end of the season knowing Alonso would be in the other seat and that there was no pressure to decide.
Wasn't Stroll faster than Vettel in Austin?

AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 03:42
AR3-GP wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your point. Vettel has 3 times as many points. Vettel leads the qualy h2h. Vettel leads the race h2h. Vettel leads the average race pace h2h and Vettel knows how to finish races.

Zynerji

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 03:58
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your point. Vettel has 3 times as many points. Vettel leads the qualy h2h. Vettel leads the race h2h. Vettel leads the average race pace h2h and Vettel knows how to finish races.
Vettel-Alonso would have printed money from sponsors...🤯

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Just saying, he seems to be improving.

Edit

Since family Stroll only got involved in F1 for Lance, Lance will be driving for AMR until he is either ready to retire or the Stroll family divests itself of the team. The increase revenue would be dwarfed by the loss of AMR and Stroll family funds.
Last edited by diffuser on 26 Oct 2022, 17:55, edited 2 times in total.

AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 17:27
AR3-GP wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Lance is predictable. He struggles with consistency. Great in the wet. Blows hot and cold in the dry. It's been like this for years.

Given a choice, I'd still put Alonso and Vettel together.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 17:31
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Lance is predictable. He struggles with consistency. Great in the wet. Blows hot and cold in the dry. It's been like this for years.

If you're gonna make impossible driver choices, why not Max+Alonso,Hamilton+Alonso or even Sainz+Alonso?

AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 19:07
AR3-GP wrote:
diffuser wrote:

If you're gonna make impossible driver choices, why not Max+Alonso,Hamilton+Alonso or even Sainz+Alonso?
Alonso was a free agent for 2023. Sainz, Hamilton, Verstappen are not free agents. They have contracts.

As for what Stroll's "contract" situation is...well...Lawrence probably has full say on whether Stroll drives or not which is why a Vettel-Alonso pairing would have been realistic. Unlike the drivers you mentioned who have contracts with other teams.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 19:11
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Alonso was a free agent for 2023. Sainz, Hamilton, Verstappen are not free agents. They have contracts.

As for what Stroll's "contract" situation is...well...Lawrence probably has full say on whether Stroll drives or not which is why a Vettel-Alonso pairing would have been realistic. Unlike the drivers you mentioned who have contracts with other teams.
Like I said, the only reason why Lawrence is in F1 is cause of Lance. My guess would be, no Lance no Lawrence unless Lance is ready to move on. As long as Lance wants a drive, he will have one.

MadMax

diffuser wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 22:01
AR3-GP wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 19:11
diffuser wrote:

Like I said, the only reason why Lawrence is in F1 is cause of Lance. My guess would be, no Lance no Lawrence unless Lance is ready to move on. As long as Lance wants a drive, he will have one.
In fairness, Lawrence had an interest in motorsport and F1 in particular for a long time. I think his support of Junior is really him living his own F1 dreams vicariously.