2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Re: 2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

Please god, don't make this the one time Latifi outperforms a team mate.

BBeanBlanx
BBeanBlanx

GrizzleBoy wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:56 am
Please god, don't make this the one time Latifi outperforms a team mate.
Someone upstairs certainly has a sense of humour.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Well.........I guess god doesn't like me very much lmao.

chrisc90

Does anyone know why Latifi spent most of Q3 in the garage? Seems well down of the times expected and his own Q1/Q2 times. Wonder if they didnt want to risk the car or extra tyres incase it rains tomorrow?
No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!

Big Tea

chrisc90 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:23 pm
Does anyone know why Latifi spent most of Q3 in the garage? Seems well down of the times expected and his own Q1/Q2 times. Wonder if they didnt want to risk the car or extra tyres incase it rains tomorrow?
I would say managing expectations. He was unlikely to improve his position, but could easily have smashed up the car, got a grid penalty or not had enough intermediates left for the best wet race tomorrow.

I like a good fairy story, but lets face it, he will have his work cut out getting a single point tomorrow. It would be nice if he did, and his best option is to be there at the end with better tyres than those around him.

I expect most of those behind him to stream past, but his ace in the hole would be having a new set of inters and a well times safety car or flag. TBH, I think too him this is as big a deal as a podium would be to many drivers. I also do not think he is as bad as many make him out to be.

Edit: how do I seem to keep replying to you? :mrgreen: Not picking on you or anything like....
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:34 pm
chrisc90 wrote:
I would say managing expectations. He was unlikely to improve his position, but could easily have smashed up the car, got a grid penalty or not had enough intermediates left for the best wet race tomorrow.

I like a good fairy story, but lets face it, he will have his work cut out getting a single point tomorrow. It would be nice if he did, and his best option is to be there at the end with better tyres than those around him.

I expect most of those behind him to stream past, but his ace in the hole would be having a new set of inters and a well times safety car or flag. TBH, I think too him this is as big a deal as a podium would be to many drivers. I also do not think he is as bad as many make him out to be.

Edit: how do I seem to keep replying to you? :mrgreen: Not picking on you or anything like....
Haha, you must just have the answer to the questions I ask! :lol:

His pace in Q1 and Q2 was actually pretty good from looking at the timesheets. I think he might have ran out of tyres, or wanted to save some for a potentially wet race tomorrow.
No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!

Francesc
Francesc

chrisc90 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:46 pm
Big Tea wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:34 pm
chrisc90 wrote:

Haha, you must just have the answer to the questions I ask! :lol:

His pace in Q1 and Q2 was actually pretty good from looking at the timesheets. I think he might have ran out of tyres, or wanted to save some for a potentially wet race tomorrow.
He had a spin in Q3 and damaged the car.

search

by far the best qualifying performance today. Looks like the new update is working well.

piast9
piast9

I hope so but Red Bull Ring is an odd track. I'd wait with the judgement for the next race.

ajprice
ajprice

Williams announcement at 3pm BST. Piastri? :D

Mr Brooksy

Please let it be good news for a change!
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Power of Honda!

Big Tea

That was always nailed on
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Morteza

Piastri's reply :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare