2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wogx

Re: 2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

I'm waiting for the hate because "ThEy OnLy ShOwEd A sHoWcAr !!1!", like it was in RB case :-"
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

SiLo

Well at least the livery looks good. And now I can ignore anything about this car until it's actually on a track.

Really frustrating to even call these launches, it just pisses off the fans. I expect better from Williams. :(
Felipe Baby!

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

AeroDynamic

This presentation was one of the most professionals ones iv'e seen..

Livery looks very lazy.
Definitely a show car.
We'll find out how it really looks next week.
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok

wogx

AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:09
Why?

Jambier

New livery:

Livery is OK, car is not the real one...

Makes me think of a "Vaillante" from Michel Vaillant comic
Last edited by Jambier on 15 Feb 2022, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

AeroDynamic

wogx wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:18
AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:09
Why?
I really was impressed when they asked them to describe the car in a word and Alex was like

"..blue? uh-ha-ha"

Jambier

The more I'm looking at it, the more I like the livery.

But please, keep the same several years, changing every year is not really good for people to get use to it.

Tzk
Tzk

Yep, looks like the FOM car (again!). D'oh! Let's hope that Ferrari and Merc do not use this for their launch.

adrianjordan

Williams look to have nailed their clone of the RB18.... 😉😉😉 [sarcasm in case anyone misses that]
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

RZS10

The description under the video still said "Join host George Lamb as Alex Albon, Nicholas Latifi and Jost Capito unveil our 2022 challenger for the new era!"

And then they still talked about the car as if it was the real deal ... i'm relatively sure the video was recorded some time ago and instead of switching up the format and maybe showing some early renders they still went with it ...

AeroDynamic

since all we have is the livery, here's some of the closer images of the livery details.

AeroDynamic

I like the Willimas 'W' diagonal design feature towards the rear.. otherwise.. tbh I don't really like this one as much as last years. I remember last year's livery giving me mixed feelings at first but it was a grower and I began to like it more and more, the more we saw it.

I think the reason I don't like this one is that its too blue, its not contrasting or dynamic enough for me. The yellow accents on last years livery with the white and other shades were nice.

The red accents with light blue is just meh to me.

F1doc

Another livery launch, and one that looks as though it was done by committee and lacks cohesion. I'd say on par with the Haas: plenty of advertising space.