2022 Alfa Romeo F1 Team | ORLEN

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Airshifter

Re: 2022 Alfa Romeo F1 Team | ORLEN

Sharp looking livery on this car. And I hope every team does something different with the wheel covers. Though they are all the same, they don't all have to look plain either. The white ones on the AT rendering looked good to me.

falonso81

From the front it looks similar to the Toyota from 2009.

wogx

Valtteri Bottas led a double-points finish for Alfa Romeo in the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix – and he was even more pleased with his performance given a “disaster” of a start that saw him fall from P6 to 14th on the opening lap.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... i5BPg.html
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Freelander

Anyone else here pulling for Alfa?

Don't we have the lightest car on the grid?

Shouldn't we be stupid fast on the straight and great in slow corners?

I am over the moon with the results of Bahrain. I am just hoping Jeddah is going to play to the car's strengths.

Worried about our rookie on a super fast street course and Bottas clearly is adjusting also.

Freelander

Woke up early for Bahrain GP https://imgur.com/a/K7R2OXF

S E C T I O

Freelander wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 03:39
Anyone else here pulling for Alfa?

Don't we have the lightest car on the grid?

Shouldn't we be stupid fast on the straight and great in slow corners?

I am over the moon with the results of Bahrain. I am just hoping Jeddah is going to play to the car's strengths.

Worried about our rookie on a super fast street course and Bottas clearly is adjusting also.
How can you not cheer for mom? =D>
-§- Each section is wholeness. Oo==§==oO My english suck,sorry-§-

search

quick car indeed, but from what it sounds like, it's gonna be difficult to capitalize from it at the moment.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/must-fix ... eam-debut/

A lucky safety car may help again, but this really needs to be fixed asap. Too hard to score points when you're last after lap 1, and the weight advantage won't last long either.

PowerandtheGlory

anyone see the cool damper hidden under the driver, before the ground effects starts.. its on the sky coverage..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Freelander

Pics please?

continuum16

Good start to the year, Bottas looks revitalized and Zhou seems competent enough, if a bit unlucky. Still need to iron out the operational errors a bit, but I’m happy so far. It was a pleasant surprise to see Bottas chase down Russell and Norris by over 10s in Imola in the second stint.

I think Miami could be really good for the team; track seems like mostly straights and low-speed, with only really 2 fast and 2 medium speed corners. Like a more extreme version of Bahrain in terms of setup. I would love to see them take it to Merc again…
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

JPower

I'm just glad that Sauber came out of the gates with a good car. They really needed this.

Bottas was flying towards the end of the race. Had it been almost anywhere else, he would've passed Russell.

I think Zhou is going to be solid as well. Curious to see if he buys himself some time on the grid just due to performance or will Alfa just drop him for Pourchaire ASAP.

continuum16

https://the-race.com/formula-1/a-good-s ... -upgrades/

More updates coming in Spain. At least the level of Imola, if not more, probably. The team seems to be on a level of focus and performance not seen in years (probably since 2012, if not the BMW days), although their execution is still not that great (reliability issues, crashes, pit stop blunders).

I believe the team has the car capable of finishing fourth in WCC. McLaren are unpredictable at the moment, but would appear to be the closest rival. Alpine are too unreliable and inconsistent. If Mercedes' updates match their previous level of effectiveness (not very), and Alfa's match theirs (decent uptick in form in Imola/Miami) then they realistically could be looking at the third best car. I would be amazed to see them complete the year with no podiums, especially if the improvements mentioned by Vasseur turn out to be true.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

continuum16

Once again Bottas proving this car is easily fourth best. Zhou has got to have the most unlucky reliability ever. The car is in no mans land between the top 3 and the rest; Bottas had gapped the midfield by 30s before his last pit stop, with a better strategy it could have been fourth today.

The team can to finish 4th in WCC, but can’t keep shooting itself in the foot in terms of reliability. The only good news is that the other midfield teams are also heavily reliant on one car for points at the moment (Alpine/Ocon, McLaren/Norris).

The car is excellent in slow corners, and was slower than only VER and the two Ferraris in S3. Monaco will be an excellent opportunity for a shock result.

- Mark Twain

continuum16

Stealing this from the McLaren thread, because it’s a lot more relevant here. The gap between Alfa and Ferrari is larger than the gap between any other two teams.

Again, the team really need a smooth weekend in Monaco, especially since the last few tenths are down to driver confidence in Quali. Team should be looking for top 5 minimum.
- Mark Twain