2022 Alfa Romeo F1 Team | ORLEN

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Alfa Romeo F1 Team | ORLEN

search wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 18:41
Big Tea wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 16:48
Sauber is no longer a youngster and has 'retired' once already, is this going to soon become 100% Audi?
"According to reports, Audi's first imprints will start as soon as the 2023 F1 season, as the team is expected to take over Sauber in a systematic manner of 25% every year for the next three years. As a result, Audi will own a 25% stake in Sauber in 2023, a 50% stake in 2024, and a complete 75% stake in 2025", is what it initially said.

Not sure Peter Sauber still owns any stakes anyway, though. I think there's only his name left.
Thanks, I thought he bought back into it, but dont know where I got that from

Edit, you are correct- from Wiki--On 20 July 2016 it was announced that Swiss based investment firm Longbow Finance had bought both Peter Sauber and Monisha Kaltenborn's shares in the company, which made Longbow Finance the sole owner of Sauber. Pascal Picci was announced to take Peter Sauber's role as chairman of the board and president.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AR3-GP

I suspect Vasseur will be replaced.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 00:32
Me too, but with only 25% each year, will Audi exert any control at first? Sure they have huge political weight internally even without buying more equity, but it would feel unusual for them to rock the boat so much before fully buying in... I expect them to wait a couple of years before replacing Vasseur with an Audi employee

Sevach

organic wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 00:59
AR3-GP wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 00:32
Me too, but with only 25% each year, will Audi exert any control at first? Sure they have huge political weight internally even without buying more equity, but it would feel unusual for them to rock the boat so much before fully buying in... I expect them to wait a couple of years before replacing Vasseur with an Audi employee
The right move would be strengthening the technical department and simulation tools as a preparation.
Vasser can be evaluated during this time before the team fully converts into Audi Sport F1.

AR3-GP

I reckon that if Vasseur is headed to Ferrari, swiss born Binotto will land in Hinwil.

continuum16

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 23:01
I reckon that if Vasseur is headed to Ferrari, swiss born Binotto will land in Hinwil.
Wouldn’t be shocked; although I feel like whoever it is would have a tough time holding onto the job when Audi comes in a few years. The German marques do tend to have a “my way or the highway” approach. This is, after all, why Red Bull wouldn’t go with Porsche…

Being Sauber’s TP is an interesting proposition, because you already know that A) you’re losing your title partner after 2023, B) you’re changing your engines at the end of this reg cycle, and C) your team is being bought out to become a works team in 4 years. Very strange scenario when you think about it. Maybe Audi will want Binotto for some technical qualities as well.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

AR3-GP

continuum16 wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 01:31
AR3-GP wrote:
Wouldn’t be shocked; although I feel like whoever it is would have a tough time holding onto the job when Audi comes in a few years. The German marques do tend to have a “my way or the highway” approach. This is, after all, why Red Bull wouldn’t go with Porsche…

Being Sauber’s TP is an interesting proposition, because you already know that A) you’re losing your title partner after 2023, B) you’re changing your engines at the end of this reg cycle, and C) your team is being bought out to become a works team in 4 years. Very strange scenario when you think about it. Maybe Audi will want Binotto for some technical qualities as well.
My thinking is that Audi will want Binotto. Binotto is a huge catch for a new F1 team like Audi. Binotto has seen and knows things. He knows how a big 3 team thinks and operates. This resource would be invaluable for Audi. Binotto is also an engine guy and Ferrari have designed some monster engines over the years.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 01:49
continuum16 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

My thinking is that Audi will want Binotto. Binotto is a huge catch for a new F1 team like Audi. Binotto has seen and knows things. He knows how a big 3 team thinks and operates. This resource would be invaluable for Audi. Binotto is also an engine guy and Ferrari have designed some monster engines over the years.
I'd be surprised if he's canned but what do I know, I think he deserves credit for taking the team to these heights after falling down so far. I have no clue what Ferrari are thinking.

AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 02:52
AR3-GP wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 01:49
continuum16 wrote:

I'd be surprised if he's canned but what do I know, I think he deserves credit for taking the team to these heights after falling down so far. I have no clue what Ferrari are thinking.
I agree. Whether he is sacked over there, is a separate conversation whether it's right or wrong. I just think that in the case that he is, he will get snapped up by Audi in a heart beat.

Wouter

:shock: :P :P :P =D>
Song about Bottas a hit on YouTube

Valtteri Bottas has become something of an online hero within the Formula 1 community since the Netflix series Drive to Survive.
The Finn bare his buttocks in the series and gave former teammate Lewis Hamilton a framed copy of the picture.
Bottas now also appears to be a mega-hit on YouTube.

Spanish rapper Arcangel released a rap song named after the Alfa Romeo driver on Friday.
The video has amassed 1.8 million views after just one day and features lyrics about the F1 driver.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o Bottas today in Melbourne.

The Power of Dreams!

tpe
tpe

Does Botats has Keke Rosberg as a hero?

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

continuum16

https://the-race.com/formula-1/sauber-o ... ly-season/

Wasn’t sure if Seidl will be just CEO or also TP like Vasseur was. Looks like there will be a separate TP; possible Beat Zhender for the short-medium term at least if I had to guess.

Well, that’s I suppose a pleasant surprise. This team went from rudderless midfielder a year or two ago to one of the most interesting propositions on the grid if you’re a driver or high-level engineer/manager. Could see Binotto coming in as TD (he is Swiss, after all… it would be an easy sell), although Jan Monchaux seems to have at least got the team pointing in the right direction on the technical side.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

AR3-GP

Yep. It took BMW only 3 years to win a race with Sauber. The future outlook for this team with this kind of backing is very bright.

Contrast this with Williams. If we don't hear some good news soon.... :cry: