2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2022 Haas F1 Team

HJKM wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 17:19
diffuser wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 16:48
HJKM wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 19:00

- guess the choice of Kevin was a good one ;)

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/live-text ... 2/1113113/

For all we know they're were super low on fuel on that run. Oh and that was in a late ssession, o the track was alot cooler, the biggest impediment in bahrain is the heat. Does show they can be competative, which bodes well.

One of My biggest gripes with him was his going too far with battles that held little meaning, often turned into tears. Especially the inter team stuff with Grosjean. The fact that neither of them avoided it very much, probably says more about Steiner. The battling too often was clumsy.
Yeah, well I only quoted Motorsport - and of course fuel loads, tires and temps play in, we all know that

But I guess we just do not agree on how we asses Kevin Magnussen racing skills :)

Think he has the skills, has lacked maturity. I think he was the 2nd best option available. I didn't think he was as good a choice as Hulkenberg but Hey, Steiner likes him. After all the years he has already driven for Hass andSteiner still likes him says something I guess.

I really don't like his willingness to drive people off the road. That's more of a enforcement of regulation or lack of.

HJKM

I really don't like his willingness to drive people off the road. That's more of a enforcement of regulation or lack of.
Magnussen likes the duels I guess, but I think there is a lot of myth around who are the gents and who are the dirty drivers. If you are often fighting for that one or two points you are in mores infights than the front runner especially at the starts

chrisc90

McL-H wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 17:12
diffuser wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 17:01
McL-H wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 16:52
Fittipaldi spoke very highly of the Haas car, saying they are definitely in the mix with the other teams. The car felt great, he said. Interesting.
Woukd mean teams deliberately not doing as well as they know they can to make the car better

They've had more aero time than anyone else for the last year and will enjoy an even bigger margin, Stage 2 is kicking in for 2022 on how much tunnel/CDF time you're allotted. They'll continue to have the most time until July 1st when it will be redistributed based on where they are in constructors.

F1 2022: Mercedes will have only 280 hours in the Wind Tunnel, Haas 460

https://www.formu1a.uno/wp-content/uplo ... ciente.jpg

https://www.formu1a.uno/f1-2022-mercede ... Haas%20460
It would be a good thing to see this rule sort some effect on the running order and allow weaker teams to do some catching up. It would be nice to see it result in closer racing.

JPower

There might not be a stratified midfield like there was last year.

Big Tea

JPower wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 20:10

There might not be a stratified midfield like there was last year.
It may well change from venue to venue due to condition and race to race as developments come through
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

JPower

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-haas-fe ... her-41920/

Interesting article. Apparently the VF-22 is being called Moby Dick aka the white Ferrari. :D

Otmar and Siedl are not pleased at its similarity.

diffuser

JPower wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:59

Interesting article. Apparently the VF-22 is being called Moby Dick aka the white Ferrari. :D

Yep, I agree. They can be in the top 3 this year. If they start off well, then you add they almost have Double the wind tunnel time edge over Merc AND they're using former Ferrari Employees in Maranello using the ferrari wind tunnel. LOOK OUT.

chrisc90

diffuser wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 18:34
JPower wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:59

Yep, I agree. They can be in the top 3 this year. If they start off well, then you add they almost have Double the wind tunnel time edge over Merc AND they're using former Ferrari Employees in Maranello using the ferrari wind tunnel. LOOK OUT.
And a Ferrari PU which is meant to be rumoured strong this year. I really dont think they will be a back of the pack team anymore

continuum16

It’s kind of a shame that whenever Haas look moderately competitive it’s because “it’s a Ferrari copy” but when they’re crap it’s because “they don’t know what they’re doing.” Surely there have to be some competent people that don’t have Ferrari links? People should give them at least a little credit.

I mean I understand the argument, but that doesn’t mean I agree with it. I’m encouraged if the team is ruffling a few feathers, though. If they were plumb last again I don’t think McLaren or Alpine would care enough to criticize the car.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

diffuser

continuum16 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 02:58
It’s kind of a shame that whenever Haas look moderately competitive it’s because “it’s a Ferrari copy” but when they’re crap it’s because “they don’t know what they’re doing.” Surely there have to be some competent people that don’t have Ferrari links? People should give them at least a little credit.

I mean I understand the argument, but that doesn’t mean I agree with it. I’m encouraged if the team is ruffling a few feathers, though. If they were plumb last again I don’t think McLaren or Alpine would care enough to criticize the car.

In the past, Haas outsourced most of their work to Dallara. Now they have a group of Ferrari engineers in an office at Marrinello. In between, they ran out of Money for various reasons. So it isn't as simple as you're stating. This setup they have with Ferrari, if successful, will get alot of negative attention from other F1 teams that will attempt to make it illegal. It's noise has already started.

Mr.S

Haas & Ferrari have very different cars though. The sidepods of Ferrari & the bodywork philosophy are radically different. The nose is a bit different & so is the Front Wing. Ashton copied Mercedes & was the pink Mercedes so these guys have some bal*s to say this.

Anyways, it is just that these people don't want to be beaten by a Haas & that it it. But Haas & Ferrari are quite different cars from what we have seen so far.

continuum16

diffuser wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 04:04
continuum16 wrote:

In the past, Haas outsourced most of their work to Dallara. Now they have a group of Ferrari engineers in an office at Marrinello. In between, they ran out of Money for various reasons. So it isn't as simple as you're stating. This setup they have with Ferrari, if successful, will get alot of negative attention from other F1 teams that will attempt to make it illegal. It's noise has already started.
Fair point, but I’m sure Haas will accept the criticism if it means the team is successful. :wink:

I doubt they are doing anything overtly illegal at this stage, but I agree with Otmar that it would be very easy to make some passing, insightful comments to the Ferrari engineers over an espresso or two haha.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

diffuser

continuum16 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 17:25
diffuser wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 04:04
continuum16 wrote:

Fair point, but I’m sure Haas will accept the criticism if it means the team is successful. :wink:

I doubt they are doing anything overtly illegal at this stage, but I agree with Otmar that it would be very easy to make some passing, insightful comments to the Ferrari engineers over an espresso or two haha.
Not sure I conveyed what I was trying to say. Rules in F1 have changed
1- Because of the Pink Mercedes
2- Cause of the cost CAP.

Now Teams have to show all drawing for all aero parts. Teams can only buy NON aero parts, Basically anything structural. So I beleive that Haas has been forded to move from where they stoodand the CAP has given them and Ferrari an opportunity. I think it was unfair to say they were a cr@p team but they did have cr@p results.

senja

Wouter wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 19:20
JDC123 wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 21:39
Kevin using race overalls with Mazepin name and no.9 taped over :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNeU-iIXsAE ... name=large
Kevin just signed his contract two days ago. No time to make clothes for him. Good solution.
I don't think that was true. Mazepin had different sponsors. Maybe that was Fittipaldi's suit.

S D

continuum16 wrote:

Yes, imagine if some teams in the past gained an advantage by using another teams engine say... Mercedes. If you are not a works team then you benefit from partnerships and suppliers.
Not everyone has a wind tunnel, makes brakes, etc. etc.