2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Artur Craft

Re: 2022 Haas F1 Team

I compared the driver´s telemetries, using the f1-tempo site, and found out that Mick, in Bahrain´s QLF, lost ~0.175s on T1 alone and ~0.35s on the first hairpin right after the quick right-left hander. That´s the whole full lap gap right there!

These 2 corners aside, he would be equal to Kmag, going by the telemetry comparison. Maybe there is some hope for him to catch up but I still expect the opposite.

On the end of FP3, when they went for a QLF sim, Kmag again streched his legs, easily, over Mick. Kevin set his very quick time right away with no major effort. Mick, on the other hand, was likely aborting laps for making mistakes and when he finally managed to put a lap together, it was again those half a second slower.

Won´t be surprised if Kevin outqualifies Mick by over a second this time around given how challenging this Jeddah track is

michl420
michl420

Be team boss of Haas is a hard job since ever. [-o<

diffuser

michl420 wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 19:59
Be team boss of Haas is a hard job since ever. [-o<
Hope Mich is alright.

Jambier

I have to say that having Mag back is a HUGE step for them

Imagine with Mazepin instead ? It would be a totally different scenario

This is a reminder of drivers are doing something not just the car

Big Tea

Jambier wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 23:24

Makes me wonder just where the car was last year.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

continuum16

Big Tea wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 00:31
Jambier wrote:

I have thought the same thing at times. I don’t think they would have set the world alight but a point or two was probably achievable based on the current MSC-MAG performance rift.

If Mazepin was still there and turned in the same level of performance as 2021, I think we’d have serious questions about the team and its future. Now we have K-Mag qualifying in Q3 semi-consistently (more than Lewis at this point lol), points a realistic target each race, makes you wonder if Mick’s contract is going to get renewed. If it was up next week; I would suggest not. We will see if the next 10 races change that…
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

yener

continuum16 wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 19:11
Big Tea wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 00:31
Jambier wrote:

I have thought the same thing at times. I don’t think they would have set the world alight but a point or two was probably achievable based on the current MSC-MAG performance rift.

If Mazepin was still there and turned in the same level of performance as 2021, I think we’d have serious questions about the team and its future. Now we have K-Mag qualifying in Q3 semi-consistently (more than Lewis at this point lol), points a realistic target each race, makes you wonder if Mick’s contract is going to get renewed. If it was up next week; I would suggest not. We will see if the next 10 races change that…
After his poor start, spin and getting stuck behind latifi and then get overtaken by Zhou makes me really wonder if he is good enough for f1.
I mean this is starting to look humiliating for Mick.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

wogx

Third halved/massively damaged car in less than six months... Unlucky boi :roll:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

JPower
JPower

Steiner is going to have a difficult decision if Schumacher doesn't improve over the course of the season.

He's had the longest leash of any rookie in recent memory IMO.

diffuser

JPower wrote:
31 May 2022, 19:34
Steiner is going to have a difficult decision if Schumacher doesn't improve over the course of the season.

He's doing a better job of late. I have no Idea where he was thinking he was gonna go in Monaco? 1 seconda lap slower or faster isn't gonna make a big difference as Alonso show'd with even 5 seconds slower. This is probably gonna postpone thier upgrades further.

JPower
JPower

diffuser wrote:
31 May 2022, 21:04
JPower wrote:

He's doing a better job of late. I have no Idea where he was thinking he was gonna go in Monaco? 1 seconda lap slower or faster isn't gonna make a big difference as Alonso show'd with even 5 seconds slower. This is probably gonna postpone thier upgrades further.
He's balled up two cars in 7 races. I don't know where Haas goes if he has another one this season.

People thinking he was a lock for Ferrari massively jumped the gun.

diffuser

JPower wrote:
31 May 2022, 21:16
diffuser wrote:
31 May 2022, 21:04
JPower wrote:

He's balled up two cars in 7 races. I don't know where Haas goes if he has another one this season.

People thinking he was a lock for Ferrari massively jumped the gun.
Baku is a good place for another accident as well as Montreal. Gets easier after that, with regards to proximity to walls..

Zynerji

Giovonazzi the logical replacement if Mick gets sat down?

organic

Zynerji wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 02:37
Yes I'd say Gio is an option; he might be especially keen for the opportunity since his FE stint isn't going so well. Alternatively, Alfa might promote Pourchaire, leaving Zhou available. Not saying he's shown a lot yet, but he might have a good run in the latter half of the season (plus brings plenty of $) and could be a possibility

diffuser

organic wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 03:08
Zynerji wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 02:37
Yes I'd say Gio is an option; he might be especially keen for the opportunity since his FE stint isn't going so well. Alternatively, Alfa might promote Pourchaire, leaving Zhou available. Not saying he's shown a lot yet, but he might have a good run in the latter half of the season (plus brings plenty of $) and could be a possibility
I'd bring Hulkenberg back before Gio.