2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2022 Uralkali | Haas F1 Team

ESPImperium wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 07:50
I think that's an easy fix, just change the blue stripe to grey, for a typical white, grey and red HAAS livery. It would be great to see Piastri in the car in place of Mazepin, if that would be possible.

If Mazepin can't drive, please open your chequebook Alpine academy...

stefan_
stefan_

Easier said than done. I think the color scheme is the last thing on the worry list if Uralkali backs off. It would be very unfortunate for Haas, as I really liked them, especially as their first year in F1 was great. But ever since Mazepin joined, I don't know... doesn't feel the same.

I am not into foreign politics and stuff like that (like deep knowledge), but even last year, when the car was presented, seeing a giant russian flag on four wheels just seemed not right at all.

IF Uralkali backs off and Haas loses a part of their budget due to political reasons which leave them unable to race the whole season (or at all), would it be right for a support scheme to be put in place for Haas?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JordanMugen

stefan_ wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 09:51
would it be right for a support scheme to be put in place for Haas?
Won't it be up to other sponsors to foot the bill? As far as I am concerned, HAAS Automation Inc. are fully capable of funding the team and avoiding insolvency if required... It's not like a typical independent racing team like say Manor that would/will collapse under debts.

F1doc
F1doc

The altered livery looks much more elegant to me. The concern is of course the potential (& likely) loss of significant funding for the season.

On the other hand if Andretti is hovering to join the grid, this could be an opportunity opening up.

void

Uralkali deal with Haas, which dad Mazepin is the owner, is to secure Nikita's seat, so no problems with funding. Don't believe any threat to Nikita's seat for this season.

AeroDynamic

Jolle
Jolle

Fittipaldi with banco Brazil, making the car blue and yellow?

adrianjordan

void wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 11:57
Uralkali deal with Haas, which dad Mazepin is the owner, is to secure Nikita's seat, so no problems with funding. Don't believe any threat to Nikita's seat for this season.
Right. But with wealthy Russian nationals having overseas assets frozen and countries, including UK and US imposing strict sanctions on what Russian companies and nationals can do business-wise, I think Mazepin is going to have a hard time funding anything more than a weekend getaway to Minsk.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

I suppose it depends on how much has already bee paid, or moved to an account belonging to Haas.
I would think some at least has already been used to get things prepped and the car built. Not sure what the new rule is about covering transport of teams, but I have little doubt F1 would at least give a bridge loan, as the money is there, just not available.

I would also not be shocked if another sponsor mysteriously appeared wanting their colours on the car.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Mazepin can also pay Haas in physical assets like gold. He can literally ship gold to a Swiss bank then Haas take payment from there (or some shizzle like that).
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jolle
Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 15:01
Mazepin can also pay Haas in physical assets like gold. He can literally ship gold to a Swiss bank then Haas take payment from there (or some shizzle like that).
I’ve never been a Russian oligarch, but I can imagine, with further sanctions coming for them personally, funding your kid’s expensive hobby is not a top priority.

adrianjordan

I can also imagine the IRS would look quite closely at something like that and Gene Haas probably doesn't want to play that game.

The team will be funded, Gene has invested too much at this point to walk away at the time when teams are potentially about to become self-sustaining.

I predict Mazepin is gone and someone else with a wealthy backer comes in for this season while a new title sponsor is sought.

Outside chance Andretti buys the team, but I don't think it fits their plans really - although it would get around the FIA saying they're not seeking new entrants.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 15:01
Here is a shipment of oil, send the payment to... and they will put your name on the car
Neutral to neutral.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Yeah. Energy transactions are still allowed somehow, (I guess to prevent high destabilization in these times). Gene Haas has some tough decisions to make either way.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

F1doc
F1doc

Their poor performance at Barcelona doesn't bode well in attracting replacement partner(s).

Sad times, but what is happening in Ukraine supercedes a racing team.