2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

sri1031raj wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 09:20
Watching the qualifying .. pretty soon Marc Marquez will crash into someone badly due to his way of qualifying . Use of slip stream from faster bike always will hopefully not result in some one ending their riding career. He seems to be doing it more often after he came back from injury. Guess it will become a talking point between riders.

Marc is the devil!! Stop him!! Using the slipstream? That should never be allowed in motorsports!

This is probably the most absurd coment I´ve read in decades :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoffman900

Andres125sx wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 08:51
sri1031raj wrote:
Watching the qualifying .. pretty soon Marc Marquez will crash into someone badly due to his way of qualifying . Use of slip stream from faster bike always will hopefully not result in some one ending their riding career. He seems to be doing it more often after he came back from injury. Guess it will become a talking point between riders.

Marc is the devil!! Stop him!! Using the slipstream? That should never be allowed in motorsports!

This is probably the most absurd coment I´ve read in decades :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile in the States...

:lol: :shock:

johnny comelately

Hoffman900 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 02:44
Andres125sx wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 08:51
sri1031raj wrote:

Meanwhile in the States...

:lol: :shock:
Lordy!

johnny comelately

re Lombok race this weekend
The Marc Marquez bike seems to have more rake, a very interesting development if correct that would be part of their chassis redesign.
Not sure if it is new but the tails on the works Ducatis and some of the semi factory bikes and M Marquez are very different, again if true, shows the increased aero focus on the bikes now.

johnny comelately

talk about throwing a spanner in the works, this latest tyre for Mandalika with the harder carcass has caused some chaos in qualifying.
Ostensibly to reduce temperature by 13C it has changed the deformation dramatically.
way too much of a change even for these extraordinarily talented riders.
Not sure how much latitude they have with pressures, but nothing is working
It looks like Fabio may have been running a pound or two less
Compounding this for Marc Marquez is the wrong setup on the front end both on rates and dampening (for comparison check Bagnaia's) and slipper clutch (which caused Alex Espargaros crash too combined with the behaviour of the new tyres ).
fire for Suzuki , overheating for Fabio plus engine cutout, i think one of the works ducatis had an engine cut out too.
Miller acting like a brat
crashes galore! luckily no relative injuries
woohoo
Congrats to Fabio for pole

johnny comelately

Horrific crash for M Marquez in the warm up
After a while he staggered away thankfully
Ill considered tyre change by Michelin? why not just go to a harder compound for this hot venue?

JordanFiveOh

2022 FIM MotoGP

Edit: Johnny beat me

Marc has suffered a horrible high side. Taken to hospital for further examination. Clearly was pretty concussed afterwards.

https://imgur.com/a/xnf0Sey

JordanFiveOh

This is claiming he is back

rscsr

JordanFiveOh wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 07:09
This is claiming he is back

no, he won't start
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/03/ ... -gp/411213

rscsr

johnny comelately wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 07:00
Horrific crash for M Marquez in the warm up
After a while he staggered away thankfully
Ill considered tyre change by Michelin? why not just go to a harder compound for this hot venue?
this is the harder construction they brought for this race

AMG.Tzan

JordanFiveOh wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 07:04
Edit: Johnny beat me

Marc has suffered a horrible high side. Taken to hospital for further examination. Clearly was pretty concussed afterwards.

https://imgur.com/a/xnf0Sey
Can't really think how he won't develop diplopia again...

Whenever a weekend goes wrong for Marc it just continues going wrong until he falls in the race! But that has to do with his mentality that can't accept that there are weekends where you just have to survive!

Get on with it Marc! I thought you changed after the last to years on the sides...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

If it goes like this I am afraid MM will harm himself maybe he will kill himself. He tried to go beyond what bike can do. But you can not do this. Try what is possible and left it there like how Quartararo did at first race. His bike is not good so he accepted it, made what is possible with what he had and then at the next race he is in pole. That's it.

etusch

I think Diablo was upset about shortened race now :lol:
There was a race like moto3 between p8 to p14. Not bad.

AMG.Tzan

Marc lost a huge chance today! These conditions were a gift for someone starting so far down and we know how fast he is in this kind of conditions...

Anyway, I hope he can at least come back from this awful accident! Quatararo was epic today as well as Oliveira of course! =D>
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

I hope he use his brain and understand what he lost because of he tried to do impossible. If you are not there there is no opportunity for you.