Alpine A522

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
Enstone
Enstone
29
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:20 pm
Location: Malaga/Paris

Re: Alpine A522

Post

Mateo wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:08 pm
Other POV

https://zupimages.net/up/22/26/5jyb.jpeg

It's really a shame that the car has lost paint. In addition to the fact that aesthetically it's not terrible, it masks the details less (so much better for us) and makes them easier to copy by other teams (a pity for the team).
Weight gains... even tiny grams are useful !
Go Ricci !

User avatar
Blackout
1242
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Alpine A522

Post

The new diffuser has more rounded top corners now (like RB and others), amongst other changes (roof shape, sides)
Top pic is from winter testing but is still representative
https://pmw-magazine.com
Image

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy
27
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:06 am

Re: Alpine A522

Post

Alonso just had some crazy porpoising going through copse.

Has the alpine been a victim of porpoising this season?

User avatar
Redragon
18
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Alpine A522

Post

GrizzleBoy wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:41 pm
Alonso just had some crazy porpoising going through copse.

Has the alpine been a victim of porpoising this season?
Yes they have, I assuming they are testing how lower the car can go with the new floor.

User avatar
diffuser
158
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Alpine A522

Post

javalinex wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:45 pm
Looks like a copypaste

https://i.imgur.com/2OuyhoB.png
Yeah, nowhere near a copy paste. What's really cool is they anticipated RBR tightening of rear bodywork and have come out with that at the same time. Plus they've been able to blend in some of the great parts of the Ferari design too.

All in all, I wasn't expecting this. Just blows me away with the scope of this upgrade.We can tell there have been major changes to the floor too but we will not know what they are until we can see the bottom.

User avatar
diffuser
158
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Alpine A522

Post

Blackout wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:11 pm
GrizzleBoy wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:01 pm
They've done a good job of pushing that undercut way back and having lots of exposed floor in front of it like RB.
Still different from RB. Now it's a mix between the Alpine undercut philosophy and the RB/AT/new AM undercut style.

https://i.imgur.com/XyxCUSW.jpg
Nextgen - AMuS
Don't forget the Ferrari sidepod top!

User avatar
Redragon
18
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Alpine A522

Post

On this article, they say, there is a new front wing and front suspension too apart of the body and floor https://www.20minutos.es/deportes/notic ... n=noticias

User avatar
hollus
Moderator
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Alpine A522

Post

Nowhere in that article does it say front wing.
I would like to see a paleontologist.

Andi76
Andi76
84
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Re: Alpine A522

Post

diffuser wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:56 pm
javalinex wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:45 pm
Looks like a copypaste

https://i.imgur.com/2OuyhoB.png
Yeah, nowhere near a copy paste. What's really cool is they anticipated RBR tightening of rear bodywork and have come out with that at the same time. Plus they've been able to blend in some of the great parts of the Ferari design too.

All in all, I wasn't expecting this. Just blows me away with the scope of this upgrade.We can tell there have been major changes to the floor too but we will not know what they are until we can see the bottom.
Yes, really a great update. Alpine seems to take the best ideas of Ferrari and Red Bull and adapt it to their car and concept. Usually this the way to "copy" sucessfully. Not copy and paste.

User avatar
Redragon
18
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Alpine A522

Post

hollus wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:50 am
Nowhere in that article does it say front wing.
Para ello han emprendido una pequeña revolución, que va más allá de las clásicas actualizaciones que requiere la adaptación a cada circuito. Alpine ha llevado a Silverstone un paquete notable de novedades técnicas, que habrá que medir si son 'mejoras' o 'peoras' en función de su resultado. Desde el alerón delantero, pasando por un notable cambio en los pontones laterales, el equipo de Enstone ha evolucionado incluso conceptualmente: el A522 se ha 'ferrarizado'.

Aleron Delantero in Spanish is front wing and it is on the article.
It is on the second paragraph of the article. https://www.20minutos.es/deportes/notic ... n=noticias

The translation of the paragraph

For this they have undertaken a small revolution, which goes beyond the classic updates that adaptation to each circuit requires. Alpine has brought to Silverstone a remarkable package of technical innovations, which will have to be measured if they are 'improvements' or 'worse' depending on their result. From the front wing, through a notable change to the sidepods, the Enstone team has evolved even conceptually: the A522 has become 'ferrarised'.

User avatar
hollus
Moderator
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Alpine A522

Post

I stand corrected
I would like to see a paleontologist.

User avatar
Redragon
18
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Alpine A522

Post

hollus wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:30 am
I stand corrected
Your Quote. "Nowhere in that article does it say front wing."

The article mentioned it, so you are not correct. Or maybe I don't know how to read my first language.

Then we can go into the specifics if it is part of the developments on the weekend as the article suggest or it is just some modification or set up to work with new sidepods. The reason I brought the link of the article is to see if there is any evidence on the car of some alterations or new front wing, that's all

User avatar
Alonso Fan
10
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: Alpine A522

Post

Redragon wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:48 am
hollus wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:30 am
I stand corrected
Your Quote. "Nowhere in that article does it say front wing."

The article mentioned it, so you are not correct. Or maybe I don't know how to read my first language.

Then we can go into the specifics if it is part of the developments on the weekend as the article suggest or it is just some modification or set up to work with new sidepods. The reason I brought the link of the article is to see if there is any evidence on the car of some alterations or new front wing, that's all
You misunderstood this one. I appreciate English may not be your first language so let me explain. The term 'I stand corrected' essentially means 'you're right'. In other words, @hollus is admitting he has been corrected by you
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

User avatar
Redragon
18
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Alpine A522

Post

Alonso Fan wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:58 am
Redragon wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:48 am
hollus wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:30 am
I stand corrected
Your Quote. "Nowhere in that article does it say front wing."

The article mentioned it, so you are not correct. Or maybe I don't know how to read my first language.

Then we can go into the specifics if it is part of the developments on the weekend as the article suggest or it is just some modification or set up to work with new sidepods. The reason I brought the link of the article is to see if there is any evidence on the car of some alterations or new front wing, that's all

You misunderstood this one. I appreciate English may not be your first language so let me explain. The term 'I stand corrected' essentially means 'you're right'. In other words, @hollus is admitting he has been corrected by you
Ok misunderstood, sorry for that, something new learned, but yes my intentions as said was just to draw attention to that front wing in case of any changes, etc....

User avatar
Alonso Fan
10
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: Alpine A522

Post

Redragon wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:01 pm
Alonso Fan wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:58 am
Redragon wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:48 am


Your Quote. "Nowhere in that article does it say front wing."

The article mentioned it, so you are not correct. Or maybe I don't know how to read my first language.

Then we can go into the specifics if it is part of the developments on the weekend as the article suggest or it is just some modification or set up to work with new sidepods. The reason I brought the link of the article is to see if there is any evidence on the car of some alterations or new front wing, that's all

You misunderstood this one. I appreciate English may not be your first language so let me explain. The term 'I stand corrected' essentially means 'you're right'. In other words, @hollus is admitting he has been corrected by you
Ok misunderstood, sorry for that, something new learned, but yes my intentions as said was just to draw attention to that front wing in case of any changes, etc....
No worries, thanks for pointing it out. Both cars in the pits quite a lot this session. Ted reported new bodywork was taken back to factory for inspection overnight because of cracking
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa