Aston Martin AMR22

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Aston Martin AMR22

Stu wrote:
08 May 2022, 13:26
The Alfa seems to utilise the concept pretty well. How much extra weight is the AM carrying compared with others? Maybe it has been on a bit of a diet recently.
I think it tallies, kinda. When the Alfa is doing well and in higher midfield positions; the Aston is in place to score minor points. When the Alfa is not, such as Australia, neither is the Aston
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

F1doc

JordanMugen wrote:
09 May 2022, 01:34
An interesting thing from the Vettel-Schumacher Miami crash is seeing how there is almost a kind of "foam core" in the middle of the Aston Martin floor, almost like the sandwich construction of the monocoque or one of the wings. The foam sandwich must be necessary to get the desired rigidity? :?:
Foam can't be all that rigid. I don't know why it is there, but perhaps it helps in the layering up/moulding process (speed/cost), and isn't all too dense with weight penalty.

Spoutnik

"The rumors are true. AMuS confirms that AM will almost a new car/B car in Spain. They're working on it since pre-season."

collindsilva

Seems there is quite a potential on the current concept if they can solve the issue of porposing. Currently the ride height seems very high in comparison to other cars.

Spoutnik

collindsilva wrote:
10 May 2022, 11:28
Seems there is quite a potential on the current concept if they can solve the issue of porposing. Currently the ride height seems very high in comparison to other cars.
I agree. I think it's also encouraging to see that the Merc engine is not so much of an issue, with lower ride height and a lower DF setup the car can match RB in straight line speed probably.

NAPI10

AMR22 looked competitive in the last 2 races compared to lackluster performances in earlier races. They must have found a way to set-up this concept.

ali623

Aston Martin engineers told #AMuS Michael Schmidt that they will bring half a new car in Barcelona. The engineers said that the changes will be very visible.

Schmidt believes that the car will be much slimmer in the rear & that Aston Martin will keep the wide sidepods.

Schmidt: "Maybe it will be a Ferrari copy, let’s see."

But Schmidt said it’s not 100% certain that the new car will be seen in Barcelona since there are material shortages everywhere in the world.

Maybe there will only be one new car ready for Barcelona.

raymondu999

Yes these B-spec rumors seem to be making the rounds. Some claiming Ferrari bathtub sidepods, some claiming RB type sidepods.

Perhaps if true, the RB route would be wiser given Dan Fallows. No?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NAPI10

raymondu999 wrote:
11 May 2022, 18:02
Yes these B-spec rumors seem to be making the rounds. Some claiming Ferrari bathtub sidepods, some claiming RB type sidepods.

I have the same feeling.
Before coping Merc in 20; team followed RB's aero philosophy. Most probable they will go on RB's route with Fallows on board.

raymondu999

NAPI10 wrote:
11 May 2022, 19:31
raymondu999 wrote:
11 May 2022, 18:02

I have the same feeling.
Before coping Merc in 20; team followed RB's aero philosophy. Most probable they will go on RB's route with Fallows on board.
Agreed — the previous experience will be more relevant if only slightly. Added to that Fallows would probably push in that direction; and he could potentially give insighrs as to how they did certajn stuff with the current RB which would be relevant if they were to head in that direction
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Sansovino

F1doc wrote:
09 May 2022, 08:41
JordanMugen wrote:
09 May 2022, 01:34
An interesting thing from the Vettel-Schumacher Miami crash is seeing how there is almost a kind of "foam core" in the middle of the Aston Martin floor, almost like the sandwich construction of the monocoque or one of the wings. The foam sandwich must be necessary to get the desired rigidity? :?:
Foam can't be all that rigid. I don't know why it is there, but perhaps it helps in the layering up/moulding process (speed/cost), and isn't all too dense with weight penalty.
All the teams do this. I believe it's for weight.

PlatinumZealot

Foam has very good rigidity to weight ratio. And it is low density so you can use it to fill spaces. It's a good choice as a core for a thicker floor.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Spoutnik

raymondu999

Teams used to use “team leader” and/or “more experienced driver” or “ahead in the standings” to justify which 1 of their 2 drivers received an upgrade package should there only be 1 available. Which will AMR use to justify Lance? Lol
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Spoutnik

raymondu999 wrote:
15 May 2022, 16:19
Teams used to use “team leader” and/or “more experienced driver” or “ahead in the standings” to justify which 1 of their 2 drivers received an upgrade package should there only be 1 available. Which will AMR use to justify Lance? Lol
Son of the owner.