Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sansovino

Re: Ferrari F1-75

Cuky wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 11:36
My best guess would be that they connect inside front wing elements and go to the sensors, either the one circled in red or the one on the endplate where aws logo is

https://i.imgur.com/gJ1Pe3L.jpg
AWS logo. The bit circled in red is for flap adjustment.

Big Mangalhit

JPBD1990 wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 23:31
Anyone have any guesses as to how the new anti-porpoising rules would affect Ferrari? It’s clear porpoising is severe on the F1-75. I’ve seen mixed things on twitter - people suggesting that Ferrari has more wiggle room with respect to ride height than, say, Mercedes. That much is clear, but I think this must heavily favour redbull given we have barely if ever seen their car bounce.

Good for drivers and safety and at the end of the day we can’t really have an issue with that, but…. Dark times for Ferrari and the F1-75?? I hope not.
FIA hasn't confirmed how they will choose to monitorize this bouncing but pointed towards vertical acceleration.

The wave equation of vertical oscilations can be presented as: y=Acos(wt), with A=amplitude of the oscilation w=angular frequency.

In such a way the acceleration is the second derivative of position with respect to time so d^2y/dt^2)=w^2Acos(wt).

This means that the acceleration rises linearly with amplitude, and with the square of frequency.
so imagine (hypothetical) you have a car A with 4 times as much bouncing frequency than another car B. Then car B needs to have 16 (4^2) times as much amplitude to have the same acceleration.

I don't know the exact values for the cars, my point is that the more visually pronounced bouncing that has high amplitude and relatively lower frequency (merc/Ferrari) can actually have lower vertical acceleration than one with lower amplitude but higher frequency (RB/AT)

GrrG

GrrG

nico5

Big Mangalhit wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 17:04
JPBD1990 wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 23:31
Anyone have any guesses as to how the new anti-porpoising rules would affect Ferrari? It’s clear porpoising is severe on the F1-75. I’ve seen mixed things on twitter - people suggesting that Ferrari has more wiggle room with respect to ride height than, say, Mercedes. That much is clear, but I think this must heavily favour redbull given we have barely if ever seen their car bounce.

Good for drivers and safety and at the end of the day we can’t really have an issue with that, but…. Dark times for Ferrari and the F1-75?? I hope not.
FIA hasn't confirmed how they will choose to monitorize this bouncing but pointed towards vertical acceleration.

The wave equation of vertical oscilations can be presented as: y=Acos(wt), with A=amplitude of the oscilation w=angular frequency.

In such a way the acceleration is the second derivative of position with respect to time so d^2y/dt^2)=w^2Acos(wt).

This means that the acceleration rises linearly with amplitude, and with the square of frequency.
so imagine (hypothetical) you have a car A with 4 times as much bouncing frequency than another car B. Then car B needs to have 16 (4^2) times as much amplitude to have the same acceleration.

I don't know the exact values for the cars, my point is that the more visually pronounced bouncing that has high amplitude and relatively lower frequency (merc/Ferrari) can actually have lower vertical acceleration than one with lower amplitude but higher frequency (RB/AT)
I think it's not necessarily the case as the deceleration is not the same going up as going down. The main focus should probably be how hard they hit the ground and that has mainly to do with amplitude.
The F1 graph from Barcelona was also pretty informative as it showed most teams who had "cured" porpoising to have traded amplitude for higher frequencies.

zioture

Formula 1 Garage 88 - Anti-porpoising Regulations Ferrari underdeveloped?
To watch the episode, activate the automatic translation of the subtitle text

f1316

I’ve read in motorsport about changes to the beam wing made for Canada but not seen any good images - anyone know what the change consists of?

FDD
FDD

If this is correct than Ferrari is using Canada's GP to put in their PU pool 2 new PUs if I understand right
"The Monegasque yesterday unmarked a new engine, but without the turbo component, taking only 10 penalty positions for a new ECU. Today, however, Ferrari will install a second complete PU, starting from the bottom with Leclerc in Sunday's race."

Xyz22

New rear wing spec.

mzso

FDD wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 18:45
If this is correct than Ferrari is using Canada's GP to put in their PU pool 2 new PUs if I understand right
"The Monegasque yesterday unmarked a new engine, but without the turbo component, taking only 10 penalty positions for a new ECU. Today, however, Ferrari will install a second complete PU, starting from the bottom with Leclerc in Sunday's race."
Is this really possible? Installing two new PU's in one weekend, and only gettin penalised for the weekend in question?
They might as well put in 4-5 of the same components and be done for the year.

dialtone

mzso wrote:
FDD wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 18:45
Is this really possible? Installing two new PU's in one weekend, and only gettin penalised for the weekend in question?
They might as well put in 4-5 of the same components and be done for the year.
The rule says you can't accumulate extra parts beyond those allowed. Leclerc didn't accumulate them, he now has one extra part of each beyond the allowed, and he has the last allowed. This is fine to do.

saviour stivala

It is a bit fiddly but here is what two experts said during practice TV transmission. “The third and fourth units would be allowed in the pool because the third already is allowed in the pool and the fourth is the additional one you can add to the pool each weekend.
The rule kicks in when you start trying to do it with two new units beyond the component limit in one weekend.
So if next weekend FERRARI tried to add a 5th and a 6th PU, the rules say that only the 6th could be available in future events without additional penalties”.

FDD
FDD

saviour stivala wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 20:55
It is a bit fiddly but here is what two experts said during practice TV transmission. “The third and fourth units would be allowed in the pool because the third already is allowed in the pool and the fourth is the additional one you can add to the pool each weekend.
The rule kicks in when you start trying to do it with two new units beyond the component limit in one weekend.
So if next weekend FERRARI tried to add a 5th and a 6th PU, the rules say that only the 6th could be available in future events without additional penalties”.
Thank you, I was not sure for this part, that is why I said, if I understand right.
I think that this is good strategic move, finally from FERRARI.

FDD
FDD

zioture wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 22:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJB6oF0Xe2I
I always watch them they are excellent, nice explanation for the carbon fibers orientation.

Fer.Fan

FDD wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 01:22
zioture wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 22:20

I can’t activate the automatic translation of the subtitle text. You must have a payed version of youtube app or something to see translation. :roll: