Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Ferrari F1-75

PlatinumZealot

dialtone wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:12
PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:01
The car doesn't like hot races. In Austria when things cooled down the car was flying, but in France it was at the mercy of a RedBull undercut.
Not at all...

Oh wait, let me try your way:

Nah, that Red Bull was destroying its tires, Checo couldn't stay on track and was getting passed left and right while Verstappen was struggling so much he had to stop 8 laps earlier to avoid getting dropped, was already losing 0.3 per lap. Even on the hards Max was barely faster than Leclerc. And Checo couldn't hold it together against a Sainz with 24 laps old mediums. That RBR needs help because right now they are only saved by Ferrari mistakes.

Also this is OT for this thread.
Yes you went off topic talking about the race, when I was only talking about how the car reacts to conditions seen at the different tracks.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dialtone

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:19
dialtone wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
The car doesn't like hot races. In Austria when things cooled down the car was flying, but in France it was at the mercy of a RedBull undercut.
Not at all...

Nah, that Red Bull was destroying its tires, Checo couldn't stay on track and was getting passed left and right while Verstappen was struggling so much he had to stop 8 laps earlier to avoid getting dropped, was already losing 0.3 per lap. Even on the hards Max was barely faster than Leclerc. And Checo couldn't hold it together against a Sainz with 24 laps old mediums. That RBR needs help because right now they are only saved by Ferrari mistakes.

Yes you went off topic talking about the race, when I was only talking about how the car reacts to conditions seen at the different tracks.
That is OT for this thread. F1-75 is purely about the technical aspects of the car, not its performance on track.

PlatinumZealot

dialtone wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:21

That is OT for this thread. F1-75 is purely about the technical aspects of the car, not its performance on track.
I think you misunderstand something.

Track characteristics affecting the car are obviously allowed to be discussed with car developments. The cars and tyres are designed for track conditions. DF level of wing, different cooling config, engine maps, dampers etc.

Extended discussions on race happenings and results, like your post, however are not.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dialtone

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:33
dialtone wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:21

I think you misunderstand something.

Track characteristics affecting the car are obviously allowed to be discussed with car developments. The cars and tyres are designed for track conditions. DF level of wing, different cooling config, engine maps, dampers etc.

Extended discussions on race happenings and results, like your post, however are not.
This is the official Ferrari F1-75 car thread. The thread has been created to facilitate discussion specifically about the F1-75 car.

Please, ONLY discuss technical items of this car. Refrain from speculation.

General discussion about the team, its drivers and performance can be posted in the team thread.

Livery discussion also belongs in the 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team thread.
you are both speculating and talking performance. Please go to the team thread or the race thread, I'm sure you'll be welcome there with your "technical" talk.

Blackout

Did they sculpt the red area so that created a front facing step (red arrow) that looks like the RB one?
Left pic = Imola (AMuS) - right = French GP @DANIELEALOFAN
The mini diffusers at the boat tail are still there but not very visible, or not as agressive ?

Sevach

Blackout wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:43
Did they sculpt the red area so that created a front facing step (red arrow) that looks like the RB one?
The mini diffusers at the boat tail are still there but not very visible, or not as agressive ?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYdyjblXgAA ... ame=medium
First pic is Monaco i think, in Imola they didn't have skates yet.
No mini diffuser either.

But yeah seems more sculpted, and the mini diffuser might've been culled with the overall tighter boat tail.

ringo

The car is still bouncing in the corners. But seems very controlled.
For Sure!!

AR3-GP

Vanja #66

Blackout wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:43
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYdyjblXgAA ... ame=medium
Great comparison angles, as expected this is a completely new floor altogether. They did what RB did with the step (red arrows), using it to narrow down the keel to let more air to the floor, then introduce a hard outward flick to help run the air outwards to the throat. The chassis department is doing the best job on the grid, the car is perfect in all conditions.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

saviour stivala

The F1-75 is the fastest on the grid.

saviour stivala

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 00:19
dialtone wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Not at all...

Anybody remember all the pushed out talk before the race about how FERRARI was suffering tyre wear compered to RB?. By lap 16 number 33 had clearly munched his tyres, while Ferrari were particularly happy with thrir tyres.

saviour stivala

ringo wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 01:35
The car is still bouncing in the corners. But seems very controlled.
Bouncing and no bouncing the car is the fastest on track, and I mean both cars not just one of them.

mzso

.poz wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 23:10
nico5 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 11:14

That means the changes to the floor have massively improved the performance of the car so that they're able to load the front and unload the rear at the same time without compromising the balance, if anything even shifting it back a bit. To me this is quite an achievement, especially when you look at Merc and RB struggling a bit to find the right balance, testing different spec of RWs in the same weekend or having to make daring choices to fix tyre wear issues that had showed up out of the blue with upgrades.
I think they have resolved the porpoising issue and can run the car lower and/or with a softer suspension setup
You can clearly hear the bouncing on the straights on on-board videos.

mzso

So why couldn't Leclerc reverse? Is it another defect of the car?