Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
VacuousFlamboyant

Re: Ferrari F1-75

johnny comelately wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 22:31
There is also talk of an illegal throttle on the Ferrari, being FBW any ideas how you would manage to be illegal?
I only saw one source stating it's a Fly-By-Wire system. It would cut throttle input when necessary, a disguised TC. The report questions the drivers blaming the car, then doing a mea culpa. Its assumptions are based on a Mercedes Software that compares telemetry to video input, yet I have not seen anything from Mercedes. :roll:

Zynerji

VacuousFlamboyant wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 00:41
johnny comelately wrote:
There is also talk of an illegal throttle on the Ferrari, being FBW any ideas how you would manage to be illegal?
I only saw one source stating it's a Fly-By-Wire system. It would cut throttle input when necessary, a disguised TC. The report questions the drivers blaming the car, then doing a mea culpa. Its assumptions are based on a Mercedes Software that compares telemetry to video input, yet I have not seen anything from Mercedes. :roll:
If true, this is a huge scandal.

PlatinumZealot

They ckearly dont have traction control if we go by all the off track excursions they've been making!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

CMSMJ1

The tin foil hat is strong in these latest posts guys... =D>

Let's keep on with the car and the technical developments of it - supposing that any faux TC is in place caused by FBW throttle is for the faeries. The reputational damage is too much - and for that, this conversation would lie better in the Team thread
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

PhillipM

VacuousFlamboyant wrote:
johnny comelately wrote:
Telemetery is often out of sync with the video feed, and besides, the control electronics are all the same unit and easily regulated or checked these days if there was the slightest suspicion.

Big Mangalhit

PhillipM wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 12:20
VacuousFlamboyant wrote:
johnny comelately wrote:
Telemetery is often out of sync with the video feed, and besides, the control electronics are all the same unit and easily regulated or checked these days if there was the slightest suspicion.
They could also catch this very easily with a pedal camera like they usually have on the McLaren, which btw is an amazing camera for picture in picture

saviour stivala

''The conversation on 'FBW' is not being continued in this car thread''. On which thread is it being continued?.

CMSMJ1

saviour stivala wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 18:01
''The conversation on 'FBW' is not being continued in this car thread''. On which thread is it being continued?.
It needs to be in the Team thread (or on it's own) rather than here. it is not a technical element being reviewed - it is theory and better served as team talk - Why would they risk to cheat?

thanks for asking, and clearing it up for the rest of them :D
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

saviour stivala

''Why would they risk to cheat?'' Indeed why would they?.

wuzak

Just wanted to say that they all use fly-by-wire systems, and have done for many years.

saviour stivala

They actually all use 'Drive-by-wire' and not 'FLY-BY-WIRE' system.

Sevach

saviour stivala wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 17:50
They actually all use 'Drive-by-wire' and not 'FLY-BY-WIRE' system.
Semantics.

saviour stivala

'Semantics' with a difference. one drives along on the ground while the other fly above the ground.

pipm1

saviour stivala wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 22:42
'Semantics' with a difference. one drives along on the ground while the other fly above the ground.
Or over water. Pedantics. :D

saviour stivala

pipm1 wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 22:22
saviour stivala wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 22:42
Or over water. Pedantics. :D
No it is not. Not at all. Especially not on a technical forum. In all its simplistic forms, one goes driving a car, another goes flying a plane, while others goes rowing a boat – sailing a boat – or piloting a boat.