Netflix Formula 1 Survey

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: Netflix Formula 1 Survey

adrianjordan wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:44
Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 16:03
codetower wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 15:06
I've been watching Formula 1 for about 3 decades. I actually like DTS. I think if you actually watched the races, the practices, the drivers, and if you have some real F1 knowledge, you can actually sit back and enjoy the "show". It's just there for entertainment, not for me to learn anything new.
DTS might be a bit of fun for those with decent knowledge of F1, but for those just coming to the sport for the first time, it presents a very false narrative - it's edited for effect with things shown together that had no relationship in real time. It's like watching Days of Thunder and thinking that's what NASCAR is - after all, it featured real NASCAR drivers and cars.
Agreed. I do think that the F1 fan base has become more partisan and combative as well since DTS drew in more casual fans.
This forum has over the past few years, that's for sure. :cry:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Tubas
Tubas

I made a decision to not watch DTS this year. My own tiny boycott. The first season was superb, the novelty was exciting. Then with a more jaundiced eye, you begin to see the false narratives, the manufactured rivalries, and far worse it has become a mouthpiece for vacuous nationalists.

dren

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:51
adrianjordan wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:44
Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 16:03

DTS might be a bit of fun for those with decent knowledge of F1, but for those just coming to the sport for the first time, it presents a very false narrative - it's edited for effect with things shown together that had no relationship in real time. It's like watching Days of Thunder and thinking that's what NASCAR is - after all, it featured real NASCAR drivers and cars.
Agreed. I do think that the F1 fan base has become more partisan and combative as well since DTS drew in more casual fans.
This forum has over the past few years, that's for sure. :cry:
The car threads have turned more into a fan hangout.
Honda!

adrianjordan

Maybe we need a premium sub forum. I'd be willing to pay a couple of quid a month for it.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

PlatinumZealot

Tubas wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 17:58
I made a decision to not watch DTS this year. My own tiny boycott. The first season was superb, the novelty was exciting. Then with a more jaundiced eye, you begin to see the false narratives, the manufactured rivalries, and far worse it has become a mouthpiece for vacuous nationalists.
Then you don't understand whar DTS is for!

It for pure entertainment in the hopes of getting views to make money and creating hype. It's not a documentary and it's not a season review... It's basically an F1 reality show in the old MTV style of things. Chop cut and mix and match to create drama..

If you aren't into these shows... well... i see why you are not fond of it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Zynerji

DTS made my wife interested in F1. Worth its weight in gold!🤣

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Brilliant LOL

On a quick snippet basis the Netflix show is a far superior production to the normal TV coverage in terms of camera angles and audio to demonstrate the speed and ferocity, the physics, something that is sadly lacking in the normal coverages, especially the head on shots where the cars may as well be stopped for all the speed feedback but are probably doing 200 mph or whatever