F1 Fantasy League 2022

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
LVDH

Re: F1 Fantasy League 2022

lucafo wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:02 pm
The first in our league is almost 100 points over the second.
FIA should do something about it!
Actually he is on top 20 at global ranking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toto Wolf speaking? The rules are perfectly fine.

hollus

Your crystal ball is made of flexible materials, Mantium. We all can see it but the FIA refuses to make a test for it. I wonder why.
I would like to see a paleontologist.

lucafo

hollus wrote:
Pos		Team	Manager	Pts
1	Preying Menace	Tobias	1287
2	DNAwesome	Alice	1284
3	Odin VI	        Valhalla   1279
4	Guacara F1 Team	Edmundo Martínez	1279
5	a STROLL in the park	Keith1965 1270
6	Arrows F1	Alex1005 1265
7	Last year was a fluke	DavidNutt88	1263
8	Mantium F1	Mantium	1257
And Mantium gaining 6 positions and gunning for the overall lead!
I think our own league is set and dusted, one team domination, time for a new ruleset ;-)
Totally agree!

LVDH

hollus wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:42 pm
Your crystal ball is made of flexible materials, Mantium. We all can see it but the FIA refuses to make a test for it. I wonder why.
I am actually using some machine learning for the team part. To get to the ultimate success, I have to use it also for the prediction part and make sure to diversify the risk.
Just as a piece of advice:
If you have LEC and FER in the team and LEC for pole and victory in the prediction part, you might score very high but you might as well end at 0! So if you mix things up and maybe have some VER and RB in the mix and LEC wins everything, you will not score the max points but you do not end at zero but at least something solid.
That is my approach, for now it is a mix of some Python ML magic and my own intuition, I hope soon to have everything covered by my models.

BassVirolla

LVDH wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:37 pm
hollus wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:42 pm
I am actually using some machine learning for the team part. To get to the ultimate success, I have to use it also for the prediction part and make sure to diversify the risk.
Just as a piece of advice:
If you have LEC and FER in the team and LEC for pole and victory in the prediction part, you might score very high but you might as well end at 0! So if you mix things up and maybe have some VER and RB in the mix and LEC wins everything, you will not score the max points but you do not end at zero but at least something solid.
That is my approach, for now it is a mix of some Python ML magic and my own intuition, I hope soon to have everything covered by my models.
I do very similar, but without Python. Only hardcoding my eyes into the results. :lol:

Not for anything, second in our league.

P.S.: This last GP I was busy and missed the oportunity to adjust my predictions to Leclerc's penalty. :evil:

BassVirolla

A GP to forget. :lol:

Who could predict Sainz wining without LEC and / or VES in the podium? :?

lucafo

BassVirolla wrote:A GP to forget. :lol:

Who could predict Sainz wining without LEC and / or VES in the podium? :?
And Sainz pole with Ham fast lap???
I got wrong with SC and Aston Martin either...

chrisc90

Only got Perez right in 2nd place.

110points in total. A weekend to forget I think.
No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!