Suggestions for design undertray

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
godlameroso

Re: Suggestions for design undertray

Hoffman900 wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 05:02
godlameroso wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 04:59
Hoffman900 wrote:
30 Mar 2022, 19:59
Just a FYI, the Spec Miata lap record is a 2:28.7 with 120whp (plus drafting). I don’t believe your 6” is from the aero because you are under driving the car by a lot and it would be hard to discern what changes really would work.

But if you are having fun then that’s all that matters.
LMAO no, just no, the Miata cup is 187whp I've seen the dyno sheets. It's also 900kg, or about what the F1 car weighs, it also runs slicks. Comparing a full race car to something I'm tinkering with is as silly as it gets, I'm sorry, I just find your p****** contest hilarious.
Spec Miata is not MX5-Cup.

:lol:

It’s not a pissing contest. You are telling someone to put 12mm of toe out into their car to manage tire squirt on the track. It’s terrible advice and based on my actual racing experience, it will result in a poorly / sketchy handling car for nefarious aero benefits, and I really rather not have the guy come back here and say he stuck it in the wall.

My point on comparing times was to show you aren’t driving the thing hard enough to even know what does what.

Edit: I’m sure you’ll chase my post around and downvote them because that’s what you do. I see you already are.
Hey, I get downvoted even when I show proof, you think you deserve special consideration when you're being intellectually lazy? Have you ever tried running settings like these? No you haven't, it also shows that you lack imagination because if you really have control over your airflow you don't have to run crazy toe to get the results you want. You meet in the middle to exploit the effects from the tire. Seriously, it sounds like you don't even want to consider something just because you didn't think of it, or understand it, when I'm telling you it works in actual practice.

Funniest part is, I have nothing to gain, I'm just sharing what I've learned along the way, just discussing engineering. You can take what I say, consider it and move on, however you seem to think it's better to belittle what I'm bringing because somehow you see yourself as above me for some reason. You seem to be protecting some religious doctrine of "thou shalt not run toe out in the rear". Your position is based on hearsay and theoretical ideals, and because I don't regurgitate what you read in your circles, I'm somehow the bad guy? If I'm the bad guy, might as well oblige you.

Just a clown show all around.

Not only that, you're wrong, spec miata's best time is 2:34

Saishū kōnā

SmallSoldier

godlameroso wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 05:16
Hoffman900 wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 05:02
godlameroso wrote:
01 Apr 2022, 04:59

LMAO no, just no, the Miata cup is 187whp I've seen the dyno sheets. It's also 900kg, or about what the F1 car weighs, it also runs slicks. Comparing a full race car to something I'm tinkering with is as silly as it gets, I'm sorry, I just find your p****** contest hilarious.
Spec Miata is not MX5-Cup.

:lol:

It’s not a pissing contest. You are telling someone to put 12mm of toe out into their car to manage tire squirt on the track. It’s terrible advice and based on my actual racing experience, it will result in a poorly / sketchy handling car for nefarious aero benefits, and I really rather not have the guy come back here and say he stuck it in the wall.

My point on comparing times was to show you aren’t driving the thing hard enough to even know what does what.

Edit: I’m sure you’ll chase my post around and downvote them because that’s what you do. I see you already are.
Hey, I get downvoted even when I show proof, you think you deserve special consideration when you're being intellectually lazy? Have you ever tried running settings like these? No you haven't, it also shows that you lack imagination because if you really have control over your airflow you don't have to run crazy toe to get the results you want. You meet in the middle to exploit the effects from the tire. Seriously, it sounds like you don't even want to consider something just because you didn't think of it, or understand it, when I'm telling you it works in actual practice.

Funniest part is, I have nothing to gain, I'm just sharing what I've learned along the way, just discussing engineering. You can take what I say, consider it and move on, however you seem to think it's better to belittle what I'm bringing because somehow you see yourself as above me for some reason. You seem to be protecting some religious doctrine of "thou shalt not run toe out in the rear". Your position is based on hearsay and theoretical ideals, and because I don't regurgitate what you read in your circles, I'm somehow the bad guy? If I'm the bad guy, might as well oblige you.

Just a clown show all around.

Not only that, you're wrong, spec miata's best time is 2:34

Actually, according to:

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files ... 1610731614

Track record for Spec Miata is: 2:28.794

Tim.Wright

On a roadcar, the aerodynamic effects of a toe change are orders of magnitudes lower than the handling effects due to the very low downforce to vehicle weight ratio.
Not the engineer at Force India