Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zynerji

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

JordanMugen wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 15:00
Zynerji wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 14:24
JordanMugen wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 04:55

Alpine without Alonso and still no spot for Piastri?! :wtf:
Sure. Why not?🤔
Because it blocks Piastri's path into Alpine. What's the point of having a young driver program, if you don't put a consecutive rookie F3 champion & rookie F2 champion into F1? 🤔

So Piastri is just not good enough for Alpine? Alpine have no faith that Piastri could be a future F1 champion?
Wow.

Maybe Gasley is just better? 😮

Edax
Edax

NL_Fer wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 17:38
Piastri, Gazly and Ricciardo are the only ones to talk about.
If you’re talking about Ricciardo I think you might want to throw Colton Herta in the mix. I could see a swap between those two at some point.

JordanMugen

Zynerji wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 21:14
Gasly and Piastri haven't driven the same car, so how would Alpine know that. :?: :)

Zynerji

JordanMugen wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 04:23
Zynerji wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 21:14
Gasly and Piastri haven't driven the same car, so how would Alpine know that. :?: :)
Ooh. It's always a chance!

Ryar

If Mercedes continues to struggle even in 2023, George would become available at the end of 2023 for Ferrari. Sainz would be dumped for sure.
Hakuna Matata!

MtthsMlw

organic

FW17

Alex Palou signed for Mclaren or AMSP?

continuum16

FW17 wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 14:18
Alex Palou signed for Mclaren or AMSP?
Announcement came from McLaren F1 Team but it said his series would be announced “at a later date.” Which, for the reigning Indycar champion you’d think that the announcement would be a pretty straightforward “he’s driving in indycar” statement. I’d say 95% chance indycar, 5% chance F1. He wouldn’t do FE. He does have the super license points as champion, unlike Herta and/or O’Ward.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

kptaylor
kptaylor

Okay, Seb retiring this year. Who will get the nod for the AM seat?

Big Tea

kptaylor wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 15:21
Okay, Seb retiring this year. Who will get the nod for the AM seat?
I just posted on another thread the choices are limited. Assuming Alonso Bottas or Ricciardo will not go there I see either bringing back someone who has left F1 or Albon.

They need experience and it should be some one who has driven several cars and can help with feed back rather than someone who will go for a win now and DNF half the races.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Or do they need someone who doesn't make Stroll look too bad? How much of ASMR is owned by father Stroll?

I am just hoping for a talent to join, Piastri, Vesti, Pourchaire, Doohan, Sargeant. Maybe all the waiting Nyck de Vries has done will pay off. Or one of the Indycar drivers looking to make the step, good PR for AM in the USA.

Big Tea

Sieper wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 15:31
Or do they need someone who doesn't make Stroll look too bad? How much of ASMR is owned by father Stroll?

I am just hoping for a talent to join, Piastri, Vesti, Pourchaire, Doohan, Sargeant. Maybe all the waiting Nyck de Vries has done will pay off. Or one of the Indycar drivers looking to make the step, good PR for AM in the USA.
I was thinking of Indy drivers. Chilton is Ex F1 and was well thought of by his team. Not new blod, b ut I dont think thats what AM need, they need someone who knows what is going wrong. There is also Sébastien Bourdais who has red bull experience.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Macklaren
Macklaren

There were strong rumors earlier this season (and Saward underwrites it in his latest post) that Mick Schumacher is the leading candidate to replace Seb at AMR. Which would mean Illot/Schwartzman in at Haas. Sargeant replaces Latifi at Williams, but with Alo continuing the mystery is where Piastri will end up (Yuki's seat on loan for a year??)

Wil992
Wil992

Jamie Chadwick to AMR.