2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 20 - 22

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
selvam_e2002

Re: 2022 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 20 - 22

Alonso Pole and race win in spain.

Zynerji

selvam_e2002 wrote:
17 May 2022, 13:11
Alonso Pole and race win in spain.
That's a Cinderella story that would be super welcome, I believe!

LM10

Ferrari 1-2 in qualifying, with or without upgrades. Race is dependent of more factors, so hard to predict now.

chrisc90

Red bull will be on top.

LM10

chrisc90 wrote:
17 May 2022, 13:59
Red bull will be on top.
Based on which arguments? Their only strengths relative to Ferrari have been straight line speed and (in the last couple of races) tyre wear.

bagajohny

https://www.formu1a.uno/budget-cap-ferr ... derazione/
In order to leave nothing to chance and to avoid going too far into the season and it may be too late, Ferrari will soon submit a dossier to the Fia with the expenses of each team at this early stage of the season. Many will wonder how the various teams can verify how much another team is spending, at least in terms of developments. Enter the quantification in terms of the cost that Fia has created regarding any given upgrade, either as design and production, or as development in the tunnel and at CFD. It is clearly a hypothetical cost but one that can give the team an idea of how much the competing team has spent. Also because the various teams have carefully studied every minute detail, bringing to the track many modular macro components that are actually the union of several smaller pieces. Among these is the bottom.
I wonder how this will go down. The budget cap is certainly going to spice up things as season progresses.

dxpetrov

LM10 wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:07
chrisc90 wrote:
Red bull will be on top.
Based on which arguments? Their only strengths relative to Ferrari have been straight line speed and (in the last couple of races) tyre wear.
And that being not enough again?
Aside, I don't remember Imola being a low DF race, and yet what happened... Don't believe in everything you read.

Vanja #66

RB Racing has RB Technologies which can help circumvent the cost cap, along with ATR. Merc Racing has Merc HPP, with Aston and Williams as potential accomplices. Ferrari has Haas, which is under high scrutiny already. They had to make some kind of counterattack :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

chrisc90

bagajohny wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:08
In order to leave nothing to chance and to avoid going too far into the season and it may be too late, Ferrari will soon submit a dossier to the Fia with the expenses of each team at this early stage of the season. Many will wonder how the various teams can verify how much another team is spending, at least in terms of developments. Enter the quantification in terms of the cost that Fia has created regarding any given upgrade, either as design and production, or as development in the tunnel and at CFD. It is clearly a hypothetical cost but one that can give the team an idea of how much the competing team has spent. Also because the various teams have carefully studied every minute detail, bringing to the track many modular macro components that are actually the union of several smaller pieces. Among these is the bottom.
I wonder how this will go down. The budget cap is certainly going to spice up things as season progresses.
FIA will laugh at that. Ferrari won’t have a idea what others are spending

LM10

dxpetrov wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:12
LM10 wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:07
chrisc90 wrote:
Red bull will be on top.
And that being not enough again?
Aside, I don't remember Imola being a low DF race, and yet what happened... Don't believe in everything you read.
Because a dragster is not what you need in Barcelona. As for better tyre wear - I don't think things will stay the same as soon as Ferrari starts putting upgrades on the car.

What happened in Imola? Ferrari was fastest, but had difficulties with tyres.

dxpetrov

LOL, if that's what you wanted to believe, go on! BTW, being kinder on tyres is also something that distinguish a faster from a slower car. One lap pace is not a sole aspect of a car being faster. On another note, once can argue that RB was even faster on single lap, and VER lost the pole due to his mistake, not cz Ferrari beat him.

Vanja #66

chrisc90 wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:24
Every team uses almost identical procedures and processes for part manufacture, all of which have been perfected for years already. As for development and prototype manufacture, the situation is pretty much the same. The only unknown remaining are the staff salaries and staff number, however this can also be safely assumed with around 10% error. Teams know what they are doing and they know other teams can't do it too differently.

When there was limitless private testing, the situation was very different.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

LM10

dxpetrov wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:37
LOL, if that's what you wanted to believe, go on! BTW, being kinder on tyres is also something that distinguish a faster from a slower car. One lap pace is not a sole aspect of a car being faster. On another note, once can argue that RB was even faster on single lap, and VER lost the pole due to his mistake, not cz Ferrari beat him.
I don't know what you're discussing about with me. I've watched the races and so far nothing showed me that RBR might be the fastest car in Barcelona.

As for the tyres, Ferrari was at least as good as RBR on the tyres in the first few races. It's been the last races they lost ground because RBR kept on upgrading.

NicoS

LM10 wrote:
17 May 2022, 15:12
dxpetrov wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:37
I don't know what you're discussing about with me. I've watched the races and so far nothing showed me that RBR might be the fastest car in Barcelona.

As for the tyres, Ferrari was at least as good as RBR on the tyres in the first few races. It's been the last races they lost ground because RBR kept on upgrading.
Come on boys! (not trying to offend but based on statistics the probability is extremely high that you are both boys. if by chance you are he-she; it; a color or some form of mystic creature, I do apologies in advance as already stated my intention with the address is not to offend.)

Both cars are fast and pretty evenly matched at the moment, even though they have very different philosophies...
so lets be civil and rater discuss the strengths of each team and how we think it will be beneficial on this track it will be a lot more informative than this "mine is bigger than yours" arguments currently happening.
I am very curious myself, as historically this track has always been a pointer for the season. of course, new regulations can impact this too...

KeiKo403

chrisc90 wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:24
bagajohny wrote:
17 May 2022, 14:08
[sarcasm]Apparently the dossier is a clip of Karun Chandok on the sky pad circling parts of Red Bulls upgrades and giving them arbitrary monetary values. [/sarcasm]