How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pob

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

Sky seem to spend a lot of time monitoring social media during the broadcast, which leads to them mentioning the more stupid conspiracy theories that they've spotted when scrolling through. I've seen this from Crofty, Lazenby and Ted. The problem with that is even a passing mention, even if it is portrayed as a jokey thing not to be taken seriously, will end up amplifying the conspiracy theory on social media.

mendis
mendis

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/11/07 ... r-the-air/
Sky and Red Bull clearing the air

However, The Daily Mail, in what they called an exclusive report revealed that Sky Sports are working to close the dispute with Red Bull.

The report claimed that: “Sky Sports’ Formula 1 director, Billy McGinty, is due to visit Red Bull’s factory on Monday as the two side’s kiss and make up after their row at the Mexican Grand Prix.”

The report added that: “Sky Sports managing director Jonathan Licht and McGinty have been in touch with Red Bull and that both sides have decided to draw a line under the fallout. McGinty’s visit to Milton Keynes is part of the reconciliation process.”
Ted's antics have cost Sky some headaches that their F1 Director and Managing Director are working on repairing the fall out. Perks of having stupid employees. I am keen to know, if there is a way, what Billy or Jonathan would have told Ted.

BrunoH
BrunoH

its what you get when you hire Woke employees with agendas, in a company that is more worried to get diversity rather than professionals commentating on the sport. Other political or gender sht should stay away from F1, i watch f1 for the sport not to get shoved politics, and gender, and all that crap! I watch it go get away from the crazy cancel culture and all that, i just want to enjoy the sport, nothing more, and get away from this things.... Ted should respect ALL the drivers, but he cant help it cause the company is all Woke and totally pro British drivers.... ( i could understand that if it was not the Original f1 commentary ) it is what it is... unfortunate

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

BrunoH wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 12:29
its what you get when you hire Woke employees with agendas, in a company that is more worried to get diversity rather than professionals commentating on the sport. Other political or gender sht should stay away from F1, i watch f1 for the sport not to get shoved politics, and gender, and all that crap! I watch it go get away from the crazy cancel culture and all that, i just want to enjoy the sport, nothing more, and get away from this things.... Ted should respect ALL the drivers, but he cant help it cause the company is all Woke and totally pro British drivers.... ( i could understand that if it was not the Original f1 commentary ) it is what it is... unfortunate
What is this drivel? Ted Kravitz is a diversity hire? Brilliant, parody might be banned on Twitter but it is seemingly alive and well here.

I’m also enjoying the irony of people complaint about commentary causing abuse of Red Bull employees, amongst the abuse of Sky F1 employees.

If people want to be biased, either be subtle about it or just don’t be crude and irrational

chrisc90

littlebigcat wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 12:48
BrunoH wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 12:29
What is this drivel? Ted Kravitz is a diversity hire? Brilliant, parody might be banned on Twitter but it is seemingly alive and well here.

I’m also enjoying the irony of people complaint about commentary causing abuse of Red Bull employees, amongst the abuse of Sky F1 employees.

If people want to be biased, either be subtle about it or just don’t be crude and irrational
If Ted hadn’t come up with conspiracy theories, would the RB team still have been subject to online abuse?

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

chrisc90 wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 13:00

If Ted hadn’t come up with conspiracy theories, would the RB team still have been subject to online abuse?
I’m unsure why you are asking me this question. Are you saying it’s fine to abuse someone because you’ve correlated them saying something with other people abusing a third person?

chrisc90

littlebigcat wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 13:49
chrisc90 wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 13:00

I’m unsure why you are asking me this question. Are you saying it’s fine to abuse someone because you’ve correlated them saying something with other people abusing a third person?
No, absolutely not. I don’t think there’s irony at all. Nobody here is abusing Ted, it’s a discussion on his reporting.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

mendis wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:13
One of the lame piece of sh** that piece if crap is. Not sure why Sky produces it. I used to watch it in the early Sky F1 days, but after a few episodes, it became nauseating. I am sure most of us here can do a better job, even if not paid. To get paid for such downright low level stuff is amazing.

dans79

Honestly, if certain people can't handle the fact that a lot of people think Lewis was robbed they should probably stop watching F1. That sentiment isn't going to die any time soon, No matter what others try and do to suppress it or belittle the people who think it!

Not to mention, Max, Horner, and other high ranking Red Bull employees are most likely gonna hear about it until the day they retire, if not longer.
197 104 103 7

organic

littlebigcat wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 14:44
mendis wrote:
One of the lame piece of sh** that piece if crap is. Not sure why Sky produces it. I used to watch it in the early Sky F1 days, but after a few episodes, it became nauseating. I am sure most of us here can do a better job, even if not paid. To get paid for such downright low level stuff is amazing.
The vast majority of the discourse in this thread isn't abusive towards the sky team though. Picking out one or two messages out of 100 that go over the line can almost always be done, no matter the subject!

langedweil

dans79 wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 15:23
Honestly, if certain people can't handle the fact that a lot of people think Lewis was robbed they should probably stop watching F1. That sentiment isn't going to die any time soon, No matter what others try and do to suppress it or belittle the people who think it!
Not to mention, Max, Horner, and other high ranking Red Bull employees are most likely gonna hear about it until the day they retire, if not longer.
Constructive ..
HuggaWugga !

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

dans79 wrote:

The mindset that:

- the most successful F1 driver in F1 history being robbed of a race that would've crowned him undisputed in WDC rank

- during one of the most intense WDC battles most can remember in recent history

- in front of tens of millions of people who watched it happen live

- validated by the FIA themselves, who subsequently sacked the offending party

, is somehow a thing that will just be swept under the carpet by the start of a new season as opposed to literally going down as one of the most controversial and historical moments in the sports lifetime, is just delusional.

It's a story that will be told for decades to come, immortalised in all types of media. Books, TV, movies etc.

Follow it up immediately by a finding that the car that did win the WDC was built with a budget that the team was not allowed to use and there is GOING to be talk around the subject. It would be weird for there not to be.

If anything the people who should be ashamed are all those too scared to not discuss it in fear of being targeted by the RB PR machine

It's like a boxer being handed a decision win by dodgy judges who end up getting banned from judging because of it, and that boxer and their fans turning on anyone and everyone who dares bring it up during commentary. Yes, they have the win on their record, but how they won it is on their record too.

Only way it could be a non issue is if it was between two nobodies. Nobody would care.

But when the conflict is between the two biggest names in the sport at the moment where one is the most decorated driver in the sports history and the other is marketed as the most talented ever to drive a single seater.............well some people might care either way about what happens between them, no?

dans79

langedweil wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 21:20
Constructive ..
It's no different than any of these issue that won't go away, and are commonly referenced and used for & against the driver in question.

197 104 103 7

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

organic wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 15:30
littlebigcat wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 14:44
mendis wrote:
The vast majority of the discourse in this thread isn't abusive towards the sky team though. Picking out one or two messages out of 100 that go over the line can almost always be done, no matter the subject!
I’m not picking out the messages, I’m highlighting the hypocrisy of the silence in calling them out.

RonMexico
RonMexico

dans79 wrote:

Of course it will die, it's going away all the time.

I think you will find most neutral fans are completely sick of the whole issue and the drama that seems to come from particular parts of the support. You can't turn back time. It's over.

Things like that happen relatively frequently. My country failed to qualify for a soccer world cup when a goal was scored after a blatant hand ball in the dying moments of a game. You have the hand of God goal, Tuck rule, No call with the Saints and Rams in the NFL a few years ago, lights out in the 2012 Superbowl, ref fixing in the NBA around 2001/2002, Korea at the WC 2002 ect. That's sport sometimes