How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1jcw

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

I disagree, Getting rid of Di Resta is a good move, he let his open personal feelings due to his history get in the way of his presenting.
I’d also give Krevitz more time, seems the most honest and truthful of them all need more of him :-D

ME4ME

Vettel is gone now anyway, so its all in the past for di Resta :)

chrisc90

Hill to go next would probably sort it out pretty well.

But the commentary still aint a patch on F1TV though.

F1TV just need to step up the interviews with teams post quali and race and the race buildup and would blow sky out the water.

mendis

They should have done away with Mad Kravitz and Simon Loozyby on the same note as well. Things would have looked further upwards. There's too much of mad noise on Sky F1 that needs dumbing down.

PlatinumZealot

f1jcw wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 17:23
I disagree, Getting rid of Di Resta is a good move, he let his open personal feelings due to his history get in the way of his presenting.
I’d also give Krevitz more time, seems the most honest and truthful of them all need more of him :-D
His analysis was often top notch though. I'm going to miss that.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mogster

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 20:37
f1jcw wrote:
Agree, I didn’t always agree with him but his technical insight will be missed. I feel this is a sign of dumbing down further.

Big Tea

Mogster wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 10:48
PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 20:37
f1jcw wrote:
Agree, I didn’t always agree with him but his technical insight will be missed. I feel this is a sign of dumbing down further.
Nattily is not bad, but does not have the in depth 'mates' Ted does. She fronts 'demonstrations' but don't know if its her doing or scripted
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Mogster

It’ll be interesting to see if Di Resta is replaced and if so by who? I think the vaccination requirement is being dropped so maybe Rosberg will be back in the paddock? Herbet has filled the SME role on the F3 and F2 broadcasts also so someone will have to cover that role if necessary.

With Di Resta gone who will partner Crofty in the commentary box when Brundle has his weekends off?

organic

Mogster wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 18:17
It’ll be interesting to see if Di Resta is replaced and if so by who? I think the vaccination requirement is being dropped so maybe Rosberg will be back in the paddock? Herbet has filled the SME role on the F3 and F2 broadcasts also so someone will have to cover that role if necessary.

With Di Resta gone who will partner Crofty in the commentary box when Brundle has his weekends off?
Button to partner crofty when brundle is off? They trialled him last season in that role I believe (?) and it worked well

And as for bringing somebody in to replace him: they might not bother. The sky team has felt bloated for a while after bringing in a few people without cutting anyone. With Herbert/PDR gone that makes Nico Rosberg (probably back in the paddock this season) and Button almost like-for-like replacements except with a couple more championships between them

ME4ME

Please not Rosberg, not more than a minute at the time, two at most :lol:

chrisc90

Any of them who doesnt have a piece of Mercedes/team stuck in their rear would be better to be fair. Cringeworthy at times.

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 18:34
No disrespect to Nico but he needs some more English language lessons to strength his recall of English a bit. Often times he is lost for words so he sounds a bit like scratched record.

I'm sure he's brilliant in his mother tongue though. But just needs a bit more polish and a bit more emotion.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

diffuser

Spoutnik wrote:
22 May 2022, 21:51
It's not better out there in France with Jacques Villeneuve really...
OMG, I'm Canadian and he makes my skin crawl. He'll just say anything that's controversal just to get a sound bite.

I bought F1 TV just cause I'm fed up with sky sports. In Canada the English broadcasts carry Sky sports direct from the UK and in French it's local Quebec guys...you might as well turn off the sound, it's so bad. Sky's coverage is very good it's just for the UK market. It feels like they need to interview every UK driver twice before they get to anyone else.

diffuser

PlatinumZealot wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 21:20
ME4ME wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 18:34
No disrespect to Nico but he needs some more English language lessons to strength his recall of English a bit. Often times he is lost for words so he sounds a bit like scratched record.

I'm sure he's brilliant in his mother tongue though. But just needs a bit more polish and a bit more emotion.
He's good when he's got something to say. Often they're just filling time and when that happens...He's no Kevin Hart.

f1jcw

Well a video today is saying that JH was cancelled due to him saying that the end of 2021 race Abu Dhabi, was wrong, against the rules and left a bad taste in the mouth.

As even FIA admitted it finished incorrectly, should a presenter be sacked for stating facts?