How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

Not Sky related, but can not think where else to put it. Over someone's shoulder today I saw a headline of a possibility of Newey going to Merc and saw Hill's name on the by line.

Have I missed something important, or is it click fishing again?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 19:57
Not Sky related, but can not think where else to put it. Over someone's shoulder today I saw a headline of a possibility of Newey going to Merc and saw Hill's name on the by line.

https://formula1news.co.uk/adrian-newey ... -mercedes/

Reported by a few articles.

Ill eat my socks if that ever happens in this era of cars - or even the next ones.

Big Tea

https://formula1news.co.uk/adrian-newey ... -mercedes/

Reported by a few articles.

Ill eat my socks if that ever happens in this era of cars - or even the next ones.
[/quote]

Thanks. Looks like clickbait to me now. Thought I had missed something interesting

peewon

Big Tea wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 19:57

It's just Hill having a fantasy wank. He saw Newey checking out the Merc car on the grid in Jeddah and he happens to be on an expiring contract (?) And put that together for a throwaway line in a podcast. He also ignored that Newey was checking out other cars well like the Aston.

Mansell89
Mansell89

David Croft has got me to the point of almost jacking F1 in.

He’s an absolute pretender of the highest order. He has no real knowledge of the sport, doesn’t commentate just holds conversations with whoever they stick in the booth with him, has the most frustrating pitch and genuinely thinks he’s funny with his pathetic jokes or remarks. (The latest cringe being Taylor Swift jokes)

He’s like a sports journo who won a raffle to a sport he saw once.

Zynerji

Mansell89 wrote:
08 May 2023, 04:33

He’s an absolute pretender of the highest order. He has no real knowledge of the sport, doesn’t commentate just holds conversations with whoever they stick in the booth with him, has the most frustrating pitch and genuinely thinks he’s funny with his pathetic jokes or remarks. (The latest cringe being Taylor Swift jokes)

I think Jolyon Palmer is the best. Better than Brundle by a country mile. He knows what's up, and it's obvious.

DGP123
DGP123

Yesterday was bad. It was blatantly clear and obvious about 20 minutes before it happened, that Max would easily box for mediums and breeze by Perez with ease. These clowns trying to big it up into some exciting finale and it being nip and tuck was excruciating. They were completely unaware of what was unfolding. Then Max pits, and comes out right behind Perez and Brundle says, ‘actually, it looks like max has the advantage here, it will be easy and he will have DRS’.

My god, it’s painful listening. It’s amateurish. Brundle is finished nowadays and Crofty is a disaster. They even needed Ted to state that Leclerc had gone backwards, which they didn’t know had happened. Probably because Crofty was telling some awful story about some kebabs he ate the night before. Beyond awful.

Big Tea

DGP123 wrote:
08 May 2023, 11:08
Yesterday was bad. It was blatantly clear and obvious about 20 minutes before it happened, that Max would easily box for mediums and breeze by Perez with ease. These clowns trying to big it up into some exciting finale and it being nip and tuck was excruciating. They were completely unaware of what was unfolding. Then Max pits, and comes out right behind Perez and Brundle says, ‘actually, it looks like max has the advantage here, it will be easy and he will have DRS’.

My god, it’s painful listening. It’s amateurish. Brundle is finished nowadays and Crofty is a disaster. They even needed Ted to state that Leclerc had gone backwards, which they didn’t know had happened. Probably because Crofty was telling some awful story about some kebabs he ate the night before. Beyond awful.
Seems to have confused the red bull team too, as they said they expected both their cars to be together with 3 laps remaining.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
08 May 2023, 12:16

Seems to have confused the red bull team too, as they said they expected both their cars to be together with 3 laps remaining.
If thats what RB predicted, then their simulations are near enough scary accurate.

thestig84
thestig84

Zynerji wrote:
08 May 2023, 04:51
Mansell89 wrote:
08 May 2023, 04:33

I think Jolyon Palmer is the best. Better than Brundle by a country mile. He knows what's up, and it's obvious.
Totally agree with both of you. I was at the same stage until I decided to mute sky and put on BBC 5 live team. So much better! They used to have Jolyon full time but sadly F1TV stole him. He still does some rounds and was excellent yesterday.

harty71
harty71

I wished they'd get John Watson in for a weekend.

Mansell89
Mansell89

harty71 wrote:
08 May 2023, 12:40
I wished they'd get John Watson in for a weekend.
Agree, enjoyed his coverage on old Eurosport recordings many years ago!

Redragon

Who is useless is Ted, on his notebook is more about gossip and moking people because doesn’t understand his awkwardness or don’t speak English as if everyone should speak English. Then during race he is coming to comment when there is radio messages, never really finish his thoughts or comments during race, sorry Ted radio message

mendis
mendis

Anyone know who is the new guy in F1TV commentating alongside Palmer? He appears to be in the category of Crofty.

chrisc90

mendis wrote:
08 May 2023, 16:57
Anyone know who is the new guy in F1TV commentating alongside Palmer? He appears to be in the category of Crofty.
https://corp.formula1.com/f1-tv-unveils ... 23-season/