2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 27 - 29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
pakoyz250f

Re: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 27 - 29

Wasn´t max penalized last year for the same, and there was also controversy because he didn´t watch them ? So it´s not about if they see them or not i´ts more of a the flag were there right?

JordanMugen

atanatizante wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:52
We all know had tomorrow is a dry race there's a one-stop race. On this circumstances could it be a 50-55 laps first stint on M tyres and the second stint (23-28 laps on softs) a win strategy?
Definitely the opposite IMO. Track position and taking an early pitstop under safety car is more important. More like minimum 1 lap first stint on soft tyres, then pit for hards at the first safety car (e.g., if there is a first lap incident) or pit for mediums a little later.

Overcut and warmup will indeed a be a problem, but is still better than running long and putting on faster soft tyres at the end which are of no use because you can't overtake all the cars you have fallen behind. Unless the long stint on mediums is just a team play to make a blockade and back everyone up! :lol:
Last edited by JordanMugen on 28 May 2022, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

pakoyz250f wrote:
28 May 2022, 19:42
Wasn´t max penalized last year for the same, and there was also controversy because he didn´t watch them ? So it´s not about if they see them or not i´ts more of a the flag were there right?
Yup exactly that. A local waved yellow takes precedence over the marshalling system.

I suspect RB will be looking at all available footage to build a case to put forward.

I seem to remember it was quite late last time when Max got his penalty for the yellow flags last year.

silver

There is no way Sainz can be penalized for the incident. Onboard footage clearly shows, he saw the red light while he was almost passing that light and was probably barely 2 seconds away from Perez's stricken car. There was another light before that, but that was not alight. So the red light started flashing 2 seconds prior to Sainz hitting Perez. There is no way anyone could have brought the car to standstill at the point when the light came on where Sainz was.

JordanMugen

chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2022, 19:45
Yup exactly that. A local waved yellow takes precedence over the marshalling system.

I suspect RB will be looking at all available footage to build a case to put forward.
It would be remiss of RB to not protest (playing the percentages, it would be beneficial to RBR to move Sainz out of position, if not totally sporting), but AFAIK Sainz arrived only 1-2 seconds after Perez crashed, so there was little warning for Sainz to come to a stop. So I think Sainz should be fine IMO and should not be penalised. :)

Drift4794

chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2022, 19:39
https://scuderiafans.com/carlos-sainz-t ... uGgewWfFRo

I think Sainz owes Max an apology for that!
Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not

dialtone

chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2022, 19:30
Marshalling board looked to beat the actual waved flag out from that clip.

Still surprised he couldnt have come to a stop though
He pumped the brakes as soon as he saw Perez, that's why Sainz spun into Perez. There really isn't anything he could have done, no driver would be ok punishing this because it could happen to them as well, and it also would set a ridiculous bar as a precedent from the Race Director.

pakoyz250f

silver wrote:
28 May 2022, 19:47
There is no way Sainz can be penalized for the incident. Onboard footage clearly shows, he saw the red light while he was almost passing that light and was probably barely 2 seconds away from Perez's stricken car. There was another light before that, but that was not alight. So the red light started flashing 2 seconds prior to Sainz hitting Perez. There is no way anyone could have brought the car to standstill at the point when the light came on where Sainz was.
Of course the crash was so difficult to avoid or even impossible but the thing here may be:

did he lift up or not? they did the same with Max, it was high speed and according to telemetry he didn´t lift up so he was penalized. It was a kind of hard crash for the type of corner so I don´t know it could get interesting, last year Max penalty was announced just before the race.

dialtone

pakoyz250f wrote:
28 May 2022, 19:57
silver wrote:
Of course the crash was so difficult to avoid or even impossible but the thing here may be:

did he lift up or not? they did the same with Max, it was high speed and according to telemetry he didn´t lift up so he was penalized. It was a kind of hard crash for the type of corner so I don´t know it could get interesting, last year Max penalty was announced just before the race.
He's at the end of braking zone and spins because he touches the brakes.

You can see the speed trace from Sainz significantly goes down and sainz is braking for 80 meters straight, never stops braking unlike Perez. There's nothing he could have done. He won't be penalized.

silver

After the red lights came, he didn't touch throttle. He was off throttle to make the corner. This is based on the audio you can hear.

pakoyz250f

dialtone wrote:
28 May 2022, 20:01
pakoyz250f wrote:
28 May 2022, 19:57
silver wrote:

He's at the end of braking zone and spins because he touches the brakes.

https://i.imgur.com/5NfoZLA.png

You can see the speed trace from Sainz significantly goes down and sainz is braking for 80 meters straight, never stops braking unlike Perez. There's nothing he could have done. He won't be penalized.
Ok good to know, that was exactly my point... I tought he brakes just when he saw Checo.

bonjon1979

silver wrote:
28 May 2022, 20:05
After the red lights came, he didn't touch throttle. He was off throttle to make the corner. This is based on the audio you can hear.

He's not braking. That's the issue. He's taking that corner, as you take that corner, roll off the brakes and turn in. The flag waving is visible for 2 seconds. You've got to brake hard when you see that on a blind corner. Maybe the stewards will see it differently, fair enough if they do. I don't have any skin in it, I just think with what could be around that corner they need to take these things seriously. It so could easily have been a marshall running on to track if there was a fire or something. Anyway, i don't think we need to bang on about it so apologies if I'm seeming pig-headed. Rotten luck for sainz again, he's had a horrible year and deserves things going his way for once.

EDIT: Sorry, i'm wrong. Looking at the telemetry, he didn't do anything wrong. No penalty. I stand corrected!

HondaPOD

I think it's done between Max and Gianpiero Lambiase.
GP got angry again and snubbed his driver. it's the second time after Imola.
GP getting much too big for his murky after his last promotion.

MV8
MV8

HondaPOD wrote:
28 May 2022, 20:31
I think it's done between Max and Gianpiero Lambiase.
Radio?
Just posting

dialtone

HondaPOD wrote:I think it's done between Max and Gianpiero Lambiase.
What did he say?