Dans79

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1
Moderator
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:51 am
Location: Chesterfield, United Kingdom

Re: Dans79

Post

There's some examples noted above - you can take some of the responses with a light heart and believe that there is no sarcasm or ire involved..or you can read them as digs and with some pointed phrasing.

let's all pretend this is a reasonable conversation - it would be if we manage to get to a pub and have a beer and chat about it.

As Dans79 says - there are other places to be if you are not enjoying it here and not wanting to engage.

Such is life - we come and go.

(to be fair - I am members of 3 fora for over 15 years... including this one - I don't seem to go anywhere else, though the internet is obviously much bigger now than it was back in the day -2003 - when I got my first 2mb internet access)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

User avatar
SiLo
103
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

Moved to Discord like a few others. This forum has changed quite a bit, and it gets quite tiresome with all the arguing all the time and ignoring posting rules.
Felipe Baby!

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Dans79

Post

To be fair, that really hit a peak last November/December.

People join, people leave, some (most) stay around and contribute.

As with society, not everyone wants to be nice (although most do their best), you will also find people that disagree with you (although most will care neither one way or another) as well as others that agree.

The world is a big place and there should be room for everyone to be able to enjoy it.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

User avatar
siskue2005
70
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

SiLo wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:41 pm
Moved to Discord like a few others. This forum has changed quite a bit, and it gets quite tiresome with all the arguing all the time and ignoring posting rules.
Facilitated by no actions from the mods! and some of it was just bias.
.
.
Stu wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:16 pm
To be fair, that really hit a peak last November/December.
And terribly managed!

i was already part of multiple other forums, and nowhere else was this much worse, open bias from the mods and targeting some and not others.
.
Perfect example here:
lh13 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:28 pm
siskue2005 wrote:All are fed up with this forum, the users and the mods, and the open trolling allowed now. So u would find its not just him there are multiple people not here anymore.
More like Hamilton isn't winning anymore and some of his 'fans' have disappeared. Dans79, Just_a_fan, NathanOlder et al.

Just wait till Mercedes and Hamilton get back to winning form, people will return.
.
I guess, people could take trolling and can get over it easily, however, the nail in the coffin was when the mods were allowing it for certain group, but not for the other.
.
I guess, the people left don't care and I am also guessing people here don't care, in the end its moot point.

lh13
lh13
1
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

siskue2005 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:41 pm
Moved to Discord like a few others. This forum has changed quite a bit, and it gets quite tiresome with all the arguing all the time and ignoring posting rules.
Facilitated by no actions from the mods! and some of it was just bias.
.
.
Stu wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:16 pm
To be fair, that really hit a peak last November/December.
siskue2005 wrote:All are fed up with this forum, the users and the mods, and the open trolling allowed now. So u would find its not just him there are multiple people not here anymore.
More like Hamilton isn't winning anymore and some of his 'fans' have disappeared. Dans79, Just_a_fan, NathanOlder et al.

Just wait till Mercedes and Hamilton get back to winning form, people will return.
.
I guess, people could take trolling and can get over it easily, however, the nail in the coffin was when the mods were allowing it for certain group, but not for the other.
.
I guess, the people left don't care and I am also guessing people here don't care, in the end its moot point.[/quote]

The problem with people like you is that you think everyone who disagrees with you or shares an unpopular opinion, is trolling.

If I think people left because of Hamilton not winning, and will return once Hamilton and Mercedes gets back to form, how's that trolling? If you don't like my opinion, just say so and move on. 9 year olds like you keep throwing words 'trolling' and 'hate' for anyone who doesn't share your opinions.

Yesterday you were talking about how you 'left' F1Technical for a better place, while clearly, you haven't. You're still here, arguing and quoting me, even though you think I'm trolling. Just leave already, or stop being such a child and grow up.

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Dans79

Post

First rule of forums….

Do not feed the trolls.

A different opinion is not trolling.
From a moderation perspective, Steven recognised that the forum was bigger and busier than the existing group of moderators could cope with; so he reached out and asked for more help.

Did any of those that claim extreme bias step forward to help (and therefore provide ‘balance’ - although an alternate extreme viewpoint does not really balance…), NO!

They left (or only return in the shadows as guests), occasionally returning to post a couple of lines or hit a downvote with no explanation or counterpoint.

At its core this is a technical forum, intended to give a place for technical discussion by those that either have expertise or an interest; the proliferation of “my driver/team is better than….”, is an offshoot that tends to consume the most moderation time (and contributes the least to the forum).

I now spend more time reading through to see if moderation is required (through threads that bring me little joy) than I do reading & contributing in those that I do.

…and I am also biased against all teams/drivers….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

User avatar
siskue2005
70
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

lh13 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 am

The problem with people like you is that you think everyone who disagrees with you or shares an unpopular opinion, is trolling.

If I think people left because of Hamilton not winning, and will return once Hamilton and Mercedes gets back to form, how's that trolling? If you don't like my opinion, just say so and move on. 9 year olds like you keep throwing words 'trolling' and 'hate' for anyone who doesn't share your opinions.
So, if you think calling out a troll and hate post for what it is, is so distressing to you that you need to reply to me twice or even thrice! So clearly who is the 9 year old here. I will keep calling out trolls and haters for what they are.
Yesterday you were talking about how you 'left' F1Technical for a better place, while clearly, you haven't. You're still here, arguing and quoting me, even though you think I'm trolling. Just leave already, or stop being such a child and grow up.
I have been in this forum since 2007 thats 15 years, unlike you who probably was a banned user with their 5th or 6th new account with unlimited google emails. So just keep your semantics to yourselves, i know what to do.

User avatar
siskue2005
70
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

Stu wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:49 am
First rule of forums….

Do not feed the trolls.

A different opinion is not trolling.
From a moderation perspective, Steven recognised that the forum was bigger and busier than the existing group of moderators could cope with; so he reached out and asked for more help.

Did any of those that claim extreme bias step forward to help (and therefore provide ‘balance’ - although an alternate extreme viewpoint does not really balance…), NO!

They left (or only return in the shadows as guests), occasionally returning to post a couple of lines or hit a downvote with no explanation or counterpoint.

At its core this is a technical forum, intended to give a place for technical discussion by those that either have expertise or an interest; the proliferation of “my driver/team is better than….”, is an offshoot that tends to consume the most moderation time (and contributes the least to the forum).

I now spend more time reading through to see if moderation is required (through threads that bring me little joy) than I do reading & contributing in those that I do.

…and I am also biased against all teams/drivers….
I have to say, i have been here for 15 years and 4 years before i was an un registered user. I direction this forum is going with the moderations is unprecedented in the last 1 year. Its always good to self critic and self analyse what is best for the froum, rather than following examples from reddit/facebook etc.

lh13
lh13
1
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am
So, if you think calling out a troll and hate post for what it is, is so distressing to you that you need to reply to me twice or even thrice! So clearly who is the 9 year old here. I will keep calling out trolls and haters for what they are.
Oh I'll keep replying to you, because I don't have a problem with disagreeing someone and neither do I have a problem with this form. But it looks like you need to make up your mind, or ask an adult, whether you want to leave F1technical or stay here
siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am
I have been in this forum since 2007 thats 15 years, unlike you who probably was a banned user with their 5th or 6th new account with unlimited google emails. So just keep your semantics to yourselves, i know what to do.
Your 15 years of being a member here don't mean s**t to me or anyone else, because what matters is that you haven't grown up even after all these years. You can't get more childish than this.

And please, keep saying whatever you want to say, I don't mind you, I just disagree with you.

User avatar
siskue2005
70
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

lh13 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:56 am
siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am
So, if you think calling out a troll and hate post for what it is, is so distressing to you that you need to reply to me twice or even thrice! So clearly who is the 9 year old here. I will keep calling out trolls and haters for what they are.
Oh I'll keep replying to you, because I don't have a problem with disagreeing someone and neither do I have a problem with this form. But it looks like you need to make up your mind, or ask an adult, whether you want to leave F1technical or stay here
siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am
I have been in this forum since 2007 thats 15 years, unlike you who probably was a banned user with their 5th or 6th new account with unlimited google emails. So just keep your semantics to yourselves, i know what to do.
Your 15 years of being a member here don't mean s**t to me or anyone else, because what matters is that you haven't grown up even after all these years. You can't get more childish than this.

And please, keep saying whatever you want to say, I don't mind you, I just disagree with you.
Its plane and clear to see who here is childish and crying and throwing toys out of the pram when being called what they are :lol: a troll :shock:
Keep crying mate :D

lh13
lh13
1
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 am
lh13 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:56 am
siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am
So, if you think calling out a troll and hate post for what it is, is so distressing to you that you need to reply to me twice or even thrice! So clearly who is the 9 year old here. I will keep calling out trolls and haters for what they are.
Oh I'll keep replying to you, because I don't have a problem with disagreeing someone and neither do I have a problem with this form. But it looks like you need to make up your mind, or ask an adult, whether you want to leave F1technical or stay here
siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am
I have been in this forum since 2007 thats 15 years, unlike you who probably was a banned user with their 5th or 6th new account with unlimited google emails. So just keep your semantics to yourselves, i know what to do.
Your 15 years of being a member here don't mean s**t to me or anyone else, because what matters is that you haven't grown up even after all these years. You can't get more childish than this.

And please, keep saying whatever you want to say, I don't mind you, I just disagree with you.
Its plane and clear to see who here is childish and crying and throwing toys out of the pram when being called what they are :lol: a troll :shock:
Keep crying mate :D
This is what you people do these days.

Call everyone trolls and haters.
Anyone who disagrees with you, again call them trolls and haters.
Run to mommy (read: mods) when things get out of hand, and threaten to leave.
Blame mommy (read: mods) for not helping you out, and you still don't leave.

Rinse. Repeat.

But hey, nobody is stopping you. Carry on :lol:

User avatar
siskue2005
70
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

lh13 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:27 am
siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 am
lh13 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:56 am


Oh I'll keep replying to you, because I don't have a problem with disagreeing someone and neither do I have a problem with this form. But it looks like you need to make up your mind, or ask an adult, whether you want to leave F1technical or stay here



Your 15 years of being a member here don't mean s**t to me or anyone else, because what matters is that you haven't grown up even after all these years. You can't get more childish than this.

And please, keep saying whatever you want to say, I don't mind you, I just disagree with you.
Its plane and clear to see who here is childish and crying and throwing toys out of the pram when being called what they are :lol: a troll :shock:
Keep crying mate :D
This is what you people do these days.

Call everyone trolls and haters.
Anyone who disagrees with you, again call them trolls and haters.
Run to mommy (read: mods) when things get out of hand, and threaten to leave.
Blame mommy (read: mods) for not helping you out, and you still don't leave.

Rinse. Repeat.

But hey, nobody is stopping you. Carry on :lol:
Thats the most childish comment i have read here :lol:
I am sure you will keep posting childish comments again and again. And also will keep blaming others are childish :lol:
Its time to go back to bed and have some milk.
Or lets wait for another childish crying post from you :lol:

lh13
lh13
1
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Dans79

Post

siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:30 am
lh13 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:27 am
siskue2005 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 am

Its plane and clear to see who here is childish and crying and throwing toys out of the pram when being called what they are :lol: a troll :shock:
Keep crying mate :D
This is what you people do these days.

Call everyone trolls and haters.
Anyone who disagrees with you, again call them trolls and haters.
Run to mommy (read: mods) when things get out of hand, and threaten to leave.
Blame mommy (read: mods) for not helping you out, and you still don't leave.

Rinse. Repeat.

But hey, nobody is stopping you. Carry on :lol:
Thats the most childish comment i have read here :lol:
I am sure you will keep posting childish comments again and again. And also will keep blaming others are childish :lol:
Its time to go back to bed and have some milk.
Or lets wait for another childish crying post from you :lol:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe this sort of entertainment will keep you around :wink:

User avatar
hollus
Moderator
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Dans79

Post

What is the point in all this last bit of the discussion?
The original question has been answered, so maybe time to lock.
I would like to see a paleontologist.