[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LegendaryM

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Congratulations everyone and GRaph especially for making such a big step. I thought I'd done enough to win but you all put on so much performance! I think I'm having a few correlation issues as well as I did a Long run and was above the cooling target.

I'm not going to have too much time to develop for the next race or two as my work has picked up/got interesting again. I was hoping that the car I had would be enough to keep me at the front but judging by the pace of development I'll be at the back of the grid pretty soon!
MRVC: Tolo Racing

BlueCheetah66

LegendaryM wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 20:53
Congratulations everyone and GRaph especially for making such a big step. I thought I'd done enough to win but you all put on so much performance! I think I'm having a few correlation issues as well as I did a Long run and was above the cooling target.

I'm not going to have too much time to develop for the next race or two as my work has picked up/got interesting again. I was hoping that the car I had would be enough to keep me at the front but judging by the pace of development I'll be at the back of the grid pretty soon!
I highly doubt you would take my place at the back of the grid

G-raph

Great video once again!

Thanks everyone for the congratulations!
But congrats to everyone else to make it so incredibly close! The rate of development is insane. I think now 7 cars are faster than the Race 01 winner, and Tolo's Race 02 wonder is only 6th. I've said it before, but it really shows the quality of the competition.

I was hoping that my race 03 car would be good enough to win all the remaining races (which would give me the championship :mrgreen: ) so I wasn't planning on developing it. But it is quite clear that if I don't, I'll be 5th or 6th again by the next race. Let's see.

I don't really know if I have massive correlation issues, apart from cooling numbers. I thought I had reached 3,2 but barely scraped in at 3,03. Have the porous media parameters been updated at any point? Maybe I'm using a too old version of MFlow?

LVDH

Someone else just asked as well. I think, the biggest mistake you can make is described here:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/porous-media-openfoam/

G-raph

Thanks, that is very useful. I'll give it a go with a finer triangulation.

Just to be clear, can you confirm that you use the exact control surface we provide you? You don't re-triangluate it or anything like that?

LVDH

So, I just checked. I use a script that remeshes the monitoring surfaces with a 5mm resolution.

LVDH

I just updated the page, here you can also find the results of scrutineering. A lot of teams got caught this time, even PurePower's intentions did not help:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/results-mvrc-cota-2022/

G-raph

LVDH wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 10:13
So, I just checked. I use a script that remeshes the monitoring surfaces with a 5mm resolution.
That will explain it, then! Thanks for confirming.

Ft5fTL

What is the latest about rake?
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

Koldskaal

Hi guys. The next race will be delayed one week, so submission deadline is now Nov. 27th.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

variante

Okok. Maybe feed us some CFD images from the previous round meanwhile. Last time they were great!

LVDH

Hi guys,
I have to apologize, my head was in a different world the last two weeks and MVRC was not part of it. After only realizing that there would be a race this weekend two days ago, I think the only solution was to delay it by a week.

The email is going out right now. Please make sure you have received one.

I do not know what this means for rake. It is possible that we will not have this feature this season.

I can however, provide the CFD images. This will have to wait until Monday, though. Let me know what you would like to see.

variante

Same as last race: pressure, 3/4 view.
Cars have changed a lot. It would be nice to compare.

G-raph

I'd like to see the same as Race 01, Cp_tot behind the car.