2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan

Re: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 08 - 10

Sieper wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 10:16
I haven't seen anything malicious (as like on Silverstone, just happy faces). Not even booing this time. Yet it is all we read about.
Did you hear of people being sexually assaulted at Silverstone or just the childish booing of a driver?

The reason we read about sexual assault is because it's rather more serious than a bit of driver booing. It's amazing that some people want to ignore the very nasty things that are alleged to have happened, presumably because they share a national or driver preference affiliation with those alleged to have perpetrated the crimes.

It's OK to be Dutch and a Max fan, it's also ok to be Dutch and a Max fan and condemn the actions of similar people when they do heinous things such as grope women. It's not ok to try to suggest that a bit of childish booing elsewhere is in anyway the same thing as groping women. Groping women is a criminal offence in most jurisdictions. Booing a driver isn't.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

basti313

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 10:50
Sieper wrote:
I haven't seen anything malicious (as like on Silverstone, just happy faces). Not even booing this time. Yet it is all we read about.
Did you hear of people being sexually assaulted at Silverstone or just the childish booing of a driver?

The reason we read about sexual assault is because it's rather more serious than a bit of driver booing. It's amazing that some people want to ignore the very nasty things that are alleged to have happened, presumably because they share a national or driver preference affiliation with those alleged to have perpetrated the crimes.

It's OK to be Dutch and a Max fan, it's also ok to be Dutch and a Max fan and condemn the actions of similar people when they do heinous things such as grope women. It's not ok to try to suggest that a bit of childish booing elsewhere is in anyway the same thing as groping women. Groping women is a criminal offence in most jurisdictions. Booing a driver isn't.
If Max fans grope women, Max should be excluded from the championship, right?

You are mixing two things that have nothing to do with each other. One thing is sports and related to fans, the crowd. The other thing is a crime by individuals that the police should take care of.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Sieper

At Silverstone there were fights and arrests, it is not just booing.

I fact at either veneus I saw only happy people and the only thing I am sure about is that there was booing at silverstone and not at redbullring. There was cheer8ng though when Hamilton crashed.

All big political things are being made by the press. Feeded by a team.

Wouter

The local police assured, according to the Austrian news agency APA, that they have not received any formal complaint in this regard.
Why did the woman who was attacked go to the Mercedes garage and not the RBR garage when it was all the Max fans who did this?
Why did she go to the Mercedes garage and not the Ferrari or McLaren or Alpine garage?

This was a very small group of people who misbehaved and who need to be dealt with, but everything has been blown up by the media. The rest of the F1 fans behaved well and the atmosphere was great. The orange smoke could have been a little less though. :)

Perhaps unnecessarily: I detest the behavior of that small group F1 fans who have behaved ridiculously and who can still be found through images/video's, who will certainly be there, will be denied access to further events.
Last edited by Wouter on 12 Jul 2022, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Here an article (use deepl to translate) about two of the ladies that have a history of making up facts and have middle fingers pointed at redbull truck f.e.

https://autobahn.eu/artikel/482990/aang ... de-neppers

I have a hard time believing this is fact and I do see a lot of politics. I wish I didn’t need to be posting about this, it is just what the game is aimed at.

basti313

Wouter wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 11:59
The orange smoke could have been a little less though. :)
Why? It looked like the track was smoke free. We just saw it well on TV as it was close to some cameras.

chrisc90

Sieper wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 12:04
Here an article (use deepl to translate) about two of the ladies that have a history of making up facts and have middle fingers pointed at redbull truck f.e.

https://autobahn.eu/artikel/482990/aang ... de-neppers

I have a hard time believing this is fact and I do see a lot of politics. I wish I didn’t need to be posting about this, it is just what the game is aimed at.
It seems like it was a fabricated story. Which is bang out of order, and brings a bad light to the sport.

Same colour gold nails aswell on the photos. Doesn’t bode well.

wogx

To summarise - no evidence of groping has been posted online, the Austrian police have not received any reports of sexual abuse, yet these women were able to publicly call someone a homophobe for a joke. Doesn't this cast a shadow over the whole situation?
Last edited by wogx on 12 Jul 2022, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Wouter

basti313 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 12:27
Wouter wrote:
Why? It looked like the track was smoke free. We just saw it well on TV as it was close to some cameras.
Especially in the opening phase of the race, there was a lot of smoke around the circuit. The main question was to what extent the drivers were bothered by it. After the race, the top three were asked about it during the usual press conference.
Lewis Hamilton was quite clear in his answer: "On the formation lap you couldn't see the apex of Turn 7. At the end of the race you really didn't see anything in Turn 6!"
"Fortunately nothing happened during the race. Maybe they should keep the torches more for the end of the race next time? I also think that they are not so good for the environment."
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 12:43
basti313 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Especially in the opening phase of the race, there was a lot of smoke around the circuit. The main question was to what extent the drivers were bothered by it. After the race, the top three were asked about it during the usual press conference.
Lewis Hamilton was quite clear in his answer: "On the formation lap you couldn't see the apex of Turn 7. At the end of the race you really didn't see anything in Turn 6!"
"Fortunately nothing happened during the race. Maybe they should keep the torches more for the end of the race next time? I also think that they are not so good for the environment."
So is a lot of things. Wonder if similar will be said about the fireworks in Abu Dhabi?

basti313

Wouter wrote:
basti313 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Yes, at the formation lap. With race start the smoke was mainly gone, the strong smoke lasted for around 30sec and was only strong on cameras. All drivers said visibility was fine.

RZS10

Those are all most likely smoke bombs (on dutch stores they're called 'rookbom' and the colour orange is mostly sold out, lol) and the smoke they produce is highly hazardous to health and should under no circumstances be inhaled, some are even based on a pressed sulfur compound, here's excerpts from the safety instructions from such products:

"Keep your distance from the smoke at all times and avoid direct contact with the smoke produced. Prevent damage to objects and persons. The smoke can discolor objects. The flame can ignite a fire, be careful!"

"Only for exterior use. Do not throw at people or objects. Do not inhale the smoke. Contains hazardous chemical substances: solvent, potassium, chlorate, black powder"

"Keep a minimum distance of at least 4 meters to objects and people. Do not use in the vicinity of crowds or delicate objects as the smoke is harmful and can leave staining."

"Fire or projection hazard, Explosion risk, Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection."

We've all seen the POV videos from the stands of people just standing right in the cloud of orange smoke desperately trying to cover their noses/mouths - not only does it make it impossible to see the action on track (even if it does not disturb the drivers) but those who use them right in the stands expose those around them and themselves to serious health risks (which in many jurisdictions is considered malicious injury, here's an article about a case where the use of such a smoke bomb 'Rauchtopf' lead to a conviction) but inadvertantly also damage their belongings (again, malicious injury to property).

There's a very good reason why the usage of those is outlawed in most other sports.
Last edited by RZS10 on 12 Jul 2022, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.

morefirejules08

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 12:48
Wouter wrote:
basti313 wrote:

So is a lot of things. Wonder if similar will be said about the fireworks in Abu Dhabi?
Jees why can’t Hamilton or max or Vettel for that matter say anything without it turning into a game of what aboutism 🙄

Big Tea

Sieper wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 18:21
Sieper wrote:
11 Jul 2022, 17:02

I didn’t hear any booing? But all 300.000 fans were bad, Mercedes’ fans at danger from the Dutch, all 300.000 were Dutch, and at Silverstone nothing bad happened, no arrests were made for fights. And the ones that were, must have been Dutch fans.

This is getting beyond ridiculous.
I think we all know it was just a few individuals on both sides, but this is the sort of crap that gathers clicks and clicks mean money. I would like to say ignore it, but that is not really sensible, so all I can say is we should all be balanced.

Dont know how many remember a couple of decades ago, football was often like this, so maybe we should loo at how they handled it.
I agree we should be vigilant, and I know from personal experience how these "fests" are. not my cup of tea, but I really fail to see how this is like an 80s football match, for the most part it was a big party, I haven't seen anything malicious (as like on Silverstone, just happy faces). Not even booing this time. Yet it is all we read about.
What I compare with the football problem is that there were groups of people that used the 'excuse' of there being people gathered away from their home locality and took the opportunity to mingle with then and be lost in the numbers. They were usually known at their home locations and could not get away with it.

As with the F1 'parties' troublemakers disappear into the people having fun if they are a pert of them or not.

If asked for a description the reply would be 'They were dressed in XXX shirts and scarves' Or in this case They had orange shirts/Mercedes hats/ Red Bull... etc.

It was a different scale entirely in football, but the excuse was the same- join the crowd, no one knows us.

As I post I have just read the posts above and am glad to see it and hope it is sorted.
There will always be idiots, but that is the world.

(and it does happen at fests too, it is usually not so publicised, or at least where I read)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

f1jcw

RZS10 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 13:32
Those are all most likely smoke bombs (on dutch stores they're called 'rookbom' and the colour orange is mostly sold out, lol) and the smoke they produce is highly hazardous to health and should under no circumstances be inhaled, some are even based on a pressed sulfur compound, here's excerpts from the safety instructions from such products:

"Keep your distance from the smoke at all times and avoid direct contact with the smoke produced. Prevent damage to objects and persons. The smoke can discolor objects. The flame can ignite a fire, be careful!"

"Only for exterior use. Do not throw at people or objects. Do not inhale the smoke. Contains hazardous chemical substances: solvent, potassium, chlorate, black powder"

"Keep a minimum distance of at least 4 meters to objects and people. Do not use in the vicinity of crowds or delicate objects as the smoke is harmful and can leave staining."

We've all seen the POV videos from the stands of people just standing right in the cloud of orange smoke desperately trying to cover their noses/mouths - not only does it make it impossible to see the action on track (even if it does not disturb the drivers) but those who use them right in the stands expose those around them and themselves to serious health risks (which in many jurisdictions is considered malicious injury, here's an article about a case where the use of such a smoke bomb 'Rauchtopf' lead to a conviction) but inadvertantly also damage their belongings (again, malicious injury to property).

There's a very good reason why the usage of those is outlawed in most other sports.
How are people even able to buy this. I can understand if stuck up in a mountain or lost at sea, but don't see any use beyond that

Reading the F1 boards and some people defending the issues, I'm at a lose.