2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mzso

Re: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 08 - 10

basti313 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 10:19
If you hit the rear wheel of an opponent with your front wheel it is consistently in any racing series a penalty. F1 is starting to get back to this luckily. There is no inconsistency.
That would be utterly stupid. There's any number of reasons the driver in the front might be at fault. Including this one.

mzso

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 10:50
Did you hear of people being sexually assaulted at Silverstone or just the childish booing of a driver?
No-one was sexually assaulted. Get your terms right.

Just_a_fan

mzso wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 09:25
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 10:50
Did you hear of people being sexually assaulted at Silverstone or just the childish booing of a driver?
No-one was sexually assaulted. Get your terms right.
Groping a women is sexual assault. You don't have to rape someone to sexually assault them.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

CMSMJ1

Let's settle down please.

We don't need to talk about this race in terms of grades of inappropriate behaviours.

The race...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Just_a_fan

CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 12:29

We don't need to talk about this race in terms of grades of inappropriate behaviours.

The race...
In fairness, this issue is part of the race weekend. It's as much on-topic in this thread as the incidents on track.

It's important to remember that words such as "assault" have specific meanings in law. In the UK, for example, I don't have to hit you to assault you. I just have to make you fear that I'm going to hit you and that is assault in English Law. "Sexual assault" is defined by the Crown Prosecution Service as
Sexual assault is where one person intentionally touches another person sexually without their consent. The touching can be done with any part of the body or with an object.
EU law is slightly different but involves the same requirement for consent - touch someone in a sexual manner without consent and you are sexually assaulting them.

There are people in every country who will say "ah, I only slapped her on the backside, no harm done" and think it's all fun and games. But the woman, and the law, take a different view. And the man is in the wrong as soon as the woman objects.

It's a shame that we have to discuss such things happening in a modern country in 2022, but that's where we find ourselves.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

CMSMJ1

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 13:01
CMSMJ1 wrote:

The race...
In fairness, this issue is part of the race weekend. It's as much on-topic in this thread as the incidents on track.

It's important to remember that words such as "assault" have specific meanings in law. In the UK, for example, I don't have to hit you to assault you. I just have to make you fear that I'm going to hit you and that is assault in English Law. "Sexual assault" is defined by the Crown Prosecution Service as
Sexual assault is where one person intentionally touches another person sexually without their consent. The touching can be done with any part of the body or with an object.
EU law is slightly different but involves the same requirement for consent - touch someone in a sexual manner without consent and you are sexually assaulting them.

There are people in every country who will say "ah, I only slapped her on the backside, no harm done" and think it's all fun and games. But the woman, and the law, take a different view. And the man is in the wrong as soon as the woman objects.

It's a shame that we have to discuss such things happening in a modern country in 2022, but that's where we find ourselves.
I don't disagree - but this place is not where we are going to argue about these definitions. Most of the UK based forum will understand and accept the definitions - they are what they are.

Arguing whether a slapped arse or a bit of a touch is sexual assault is not in bounds for the thread.

So, acknowledging the above - no more please.

Thanks
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

PlatinumZealot

CMSMJ1 wrote:

The race...
So anything on the other side of the catch fencing is not up for discussion in the race threads?

Let us know before we break the rules.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

CMSMJ1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Jul 2022, 17:06
CMSMJ1 wrote:

The race...
So anything on the other side of the catch fencing is not up for discussion in the race threads?

Let us know before we break the rules.
PZ, could have PM'd you - but to be clear, and I think it was clear..but there is no place here to start to discuss or begin to review the various levels of what constitutes a sexual assault or not.

We're all sensible and responsible people and a Technical F1 forums needs not be the place to get into these matters.

SImple as that?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

mclaren111

Amen...

Thank You...