2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
chrisc90

Re: 2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

Thats not to mention your going to get extra time at the football game though. There are games that end on 45/90mins.

Big Tea

Re: 2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

morefirejules08 wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 12:16
Big Tea wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 23:57
morefirejules08 wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 21:12

But in football if you have an extended stoppage anywhere in that half then the time is added in at the end so the equivalent in f1 would be to add the safety car laps onto the end of the GP
My immediate response was -the cars would have to be stopped during that period otherwise they would run out of fuel.
But, I suppose there is an option of making a set amount of 'spare' fuel be included in the base weight, and allow the appropriate amount to be discounted, but this would have to be for quite a small amount
My point was football has rules in place to account for stoppages so Chris’s analogy was was incorrect. I’m not necessarily saying F1 should add safety car laps onto the end of the race although that could be one option but there should be something in place to avoid the likes of AD last season and Monza this.
I suppose that as all cars now have an electric motor on board, and they are timed to thousandths of a second, apart from cooling (yes its a big part) they could line up on the grid and be released with exactly the same gap they had when the SC was called. In fact if they line up on the grid, there would be no need of the physical vehicle.

Using the same system it could even be considered the lead car actually becoming the safety car and keeping the field moving at a low speed for cooling, but with 'control' in constant radio contact with the drivers and they become released as they pass the start line in the correct time behind the car they were positioned before the safety call after a short pause on the grid

Yes, all sorts of complications, but how far along this road do we need to go?

From a personal aspect I see it as roundabout and swings, you lose out this time you gain next time.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.