Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
User avatar
chrisc90
10
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

MadMax wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:56 pm
Interesting to see the cost cap thread locked just after a couple of RBR fans have posted a dig at Ted Kravitz.

Art imitates life.
that is a bit off topic tbh.
No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!

MadMax
MadMax
4
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:23 am

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

Yeah, funny that.

User avatar
chrisc90
10
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

A tidy up would have been better IMHO.
No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!

MadMax
MadMax
4
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:23 am

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

Agreed.

User avatar
hollus
Moderator
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

Seriously, what is your point?
If it is closed after Mercedes fans posted last, we are silencing them (real complaint).
If it is closed after Red Bull fans make the last posts, we are giving them the last word (see above).
I would like to see a paleontologist.

User avatar
chrisc90
10
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

hollus wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:42 pm
Seriously, what is your point?
If it is closed after Mercedes fans posted last, we are silencing them (real complaint).
If it is closed after Red Bull fans make the last posts, we are giving them the last word (see above).
What was the reason the Cost Cap thread was locked? Given it wasnt really a mud slinging match?
No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!

User avatar
hollus
Moderator
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

MadMax wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:17 pm
Agreed.
You yourself posted cost cap stuff in the Sky thread. So…
I would like to see a paleontologist.

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

chrisc90 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:47 pm
hollus wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:42 pm
Seriously, what is your point?
If it is closed after Mercedes fans posted last, we are silencing them (real complaint).
If it is closed after Red Bull fans make the last posts, we are giving them the last word (see above).
What was the reason the Cost Cap thread was locked? Given it wasnt really a mud slinging match?
It had turned into a Western Front-style stalemate; no winners, only losers & a lot of casualties.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

yamahasho
yamahasho
10
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:04 am
Location: USA

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

MadMax wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:07 am
So Red Bull are found to have breached the budget cap a.k.a. cheated, and the mods have dived in to protect the team's integrity.

That they have also taken action against individuals is evidence that historic threads complaining of mod bias are likely correct.

I've followed this form for years, although only recently become active, and thought the complaints I read were spurious. Turns out I was wrong.

Wow, such a shame. Great forum otherwise.
Agree with you on this, mods are very Red Bull bias. If Mercedes is caught cheating this year for the budget, then I will call them cheaters and I’m sure my posts will not be deleted.

Shame.

So mods, it is my opinion Red Bull cheated in 2021, and my posts were deleted because of these words, you offer no editing opportunity or any reason to delete, and what’s wrong with repeating this over and over, with a 2000 post thread I see nothing wrong with repeating.I want to see how red Bull supporters justify the cheating.

Edit to correct year.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

You have every chance to edit your own posts.

The forum rules are not a secret.

Mod actions tend to be towards removing:
Repeated opinion posts that claim to be fact, without any proof.
Extended conspiratorial whataboutery, without any proof.
Utter bollocks.
Pure driver ‘Willy-waving’, this is a technical forum.
Thread off-topicness, sometimes accidental, sometimes deliberate; quite easy to spot the difference.

Sometimes these posts are targeted primarily at one team or another, so there is an increase in deletion ‘against’ that team (doesn’t matter which it is). Sometimes inside a team thread there are huge campaigns against a particular driver (from followers of that team), so there is an increase in deletion ‘against’ that viewpoint.

One final point; this is a technical forum, if you have something to contribute, you’re welcome, if you only come in to bash or wage war, you are not welcome and will feel the wrath of the mods.

We are not an echo-chamber.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman
8
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:01 am

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

yamahasho wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:57 am
MadMax wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:07 am
So Red Bull are found to have breached the budget cap a.k.a. cheated, and the mods have dived in to protect the team's integrity.

That they have also taken action against individuals is evidence that historic threads complaining of mod bias are likely correct.

I've followed this form for years, although only recently become active, and thought the complaints I read were spurious. Turns out I was wrong.

Wow, such a shame. Great forum otherwise.
Agree with you on this, mods are very Red Bull bias. If Mercedes is caught cheating this year for the budget, then I will call them cheaters and I’m sure my posts will not be deleted.

Shame.

So mods, it is my opinion Red Bull cheated in 2021, and my posts were deleted because of these words, you offer no editing opportunity or any reason to delete, and what’s wrong with repeating this over and over, with a 2000 post thread I see nothing wrong with repeating.I want to see how red Bull supporters justify the cheating.

Edit to correct year.
Whereas as an independent with no allegiance either way I found this forum very much dominated by British Merc supporters before. Now there is more balance and more push back against some narratives, those people have set up their own discord server. Which again very much echos how f1technical felt before, a slight echo chamber.

I really rate what mods do. It’s not done on a partisan basis. Just some people cannot seem to detach their bias from reality

yamahasho
yamahasho
10
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:04 am
Location: USA

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

Lol, not one mod in this discussion actually denies favoring Red Bull.

I guess you all are human too and have some favorite team.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.

User avatar
dans79
252
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

yamahasho wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:32 pm
Lol, not one mod in this discussion actually denies favoring Red Bull.

I guess you all are human too and have some favorite team.
I personally don't care what teams or drivers they favor. However, if their personal feelings effect their ability to moderate without bias, I do have a problem with that.
191 103 103 7

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

yamahasho wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:32 pm
Lol, not one mod in this discussion actually denies favoring Red Bull.

I guess you all are human too and have some favorite team.
My favourite teams were Team Lotus and Williams Grand Prix Engineering, currently no favourite (team or driver) - when it boils down to it, I am an engineer, I enjoy the engineering. Engineering doesn’t really have a side.

You can create a conspiracy with no evidence and absence of evidence is proof of nothing at all.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

User avatar
hollus
Moderator
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

Post

yamahasho wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:32 pm
Lol, not one mod in this discussion actually denies favoring Red Bull.

I guess you all are human too and have some favorite team.
Literally denied in the first page!
I would like to see a paleontologist.