2022 São Paulo Grand Prix - Interlagos, Nov 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mzso
mzso

Re: 2022 São Paulo Grand Prix - Interlagos, Nov 11 - 13

MadMax wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:14
chrisc90 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:13
MadMax wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:02

Max admitted that he just drove there knowing that there would be no room.

The stewards stated, quite correctly, that Max hadn't got the move done in T1 and therefore was in no position to expect to take in T2. They said that Hamilton could have given a little more room but that the collision was predominantly Max's fault.
So the same precedent going forward now if a car turns in on someone else or pushes them off at the apex of the corner whilst being alongside?
I think it was basically the same as Monza 21 where Max did the same thing and got a penalty there too.

I doubt you can set a precedent for every corner based on a chicane incident.
Also wrongfully, of course...

zeph
zeph

To say it in his native tongue:

Max is gewoon een lul.

Max is just a dick.

Checo has been there supporting his title challenge for two seasons, and now he can't even give Perez that place to help him (and his team) secure 2nd in the WDC?

But what better way to compensate for a screwup in qualifying than to deliver a flawless victory? Congrats to George Russell. Nice to see a Merc 1-2, hopefully next season they'll be able to challenge RBR.

Sainz impresses with his tenacity. Leclerc is probably the more gifted driver, but Sainz just finds ways to not be relegated to #2 status.

Oh, and I dislike those needlessly long SC at the end of the race, in an attempt to spice things up.
Last edited by zeph on 14 Nov 2022, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

mendis
mendis

MadMax wrote:

The stewards stated, quite correctly, that Max hadn't got the move done in T1 and therefore was in no position to expect to take in T2. They said that Hamilton could have given a little more room but that the collision was predominantly Max's fault.
Stewards are always correct when my driver isn't the one that is getting penalized otherwise they suck and I don't agree with them! :lol:

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:17
MadMax wrote:

Stewards are always correct when my driver isn't the one that is getting penalized otherwise they suck and I don't agree with them! :lol:

Yep pretty much every HAM fan on here blamed VER for the Silverstone accident regardless of the stewards decision and wording. It’s that bias that does my head in. So will be the last post on the subject for me.
Until the two of them realise that they are going to have to change, this will keep happening. They both can do clean driving but have decided not to give an inch to one another. It’ll keep ending in tears - and it’ll cost them and their teams next year.

harty71
harty71

Amazing performance from Russell this weekend. Let's put things in to perspective, he beat Hamilton by over 5 tenths in qualifying and put in a flawless drive yesterday in dominant fashion.

If the car is there next season he will be Verstappen's biggest challenger without a doubt, the kid has it all doesn't he.

basti313
basti313

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:01
mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:17
MadMax wrote:

Yep pretty much every HAM fan on here blamed VER for the Silverstone accident regardless of the stewards decision and wording. It’s that bias that does my head in. So will be the last post on the subject for me.
Until the two of them realise that they are going to have to change, this will keep happening. They both can do clean driving but have decided not to give an inch to one another. It’ll keep ending in tears - and it’ll cost them and their teams next year.
Good point.

FIA started to look into "teammate battles" which is a good thing. Finally they penalized moves like Ocon and Stroll, in the past these unbearable unscure $hit moves would have been unpenalized.
I hope they start making similar sense with crashes that can be avoided by both drivers. Ver against Ham here and Monza were perfect examples for situations where both can and have to avoid the crash, where both can avoid spraying the track with carbon parts for the others, where both can avoid another stupid SC.
There is nothing wrong with giving one more than the other if he deserves more, like 10sec vor Ver and 5sec for Ham. But just coin tossing a 5sec to one of them when both obviously can not drive next to each other is nonsense.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Ben1980
Ben1980

This is the Ocon incident from 2018. Ocon got the penalty, which Max thought was fair. Looks very similar.

Henri
Henri

You can tell max is scared of Lewis.. he gets red mist when lewis is near him.. put lando norris in the second red bull to keep max honest and not have a rubens in he's team

Vanja #66

Ben1980 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:44

This is the Ocon incident from 2018. Ocon got the penalty, which Max thought was fair. Looks very similar.
An incident with a completely irrelevant fact that it wasn't a battle for actual position, but yes its absolutely totally same...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

DGP123
DGP123

5 sec pens do not fit the crimes either, it’s not a strong enough deterrent. We saw in Silverstone with Hamilton, we saw it with Russell in Austin, and now Max yesterday. Even Ricciardo barging people out the way and getting a 10 sec pen, actually did him no harm.

Sick and tired of lenient punishments in this sport. It will also reduce the amount of SC’s running the race, as drivers will not recklessly go for ridiculous moves, which bring debris or car stoppages out on track.

Roman
Roman

Hey guys! I watched the race yesterday and (while I am not certain) I think more than two drivers participated.

I for once found it astonishing that LEC could continue after hitting the wall in lap 7 (?).

Also very strong showing by Alpine (P4 WCC should be a done deal now) and Bottas (P6 WCC is normally theirs). Funny how Alfa was nowhere so long and one good upgrade brought them back. AM on mediums was nowhere.

Ben1980
Ben1980

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:48
Ben1980 wrote:

An incident with a completely irrelevant fact that it wasn't a battle for actual position, but yes its absolutely totally same...
Both were overtakes which went wrong. Both incidents very similar. The fact that one was unlapping himself doesn't mean it wasn't a similar move.

You cant say one the person on the inside is at fault when the person on the outside is at fault in the other incident.

mendis
mendis

Ben1980 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 11:00
Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:48
Ben1980 wrote:

Both were overtakes which went wrong. Both incidents very similar. The fact that one was unlapping himself doesn't mean it wasn't a similar move.

You cant say one the person on the inside is at fault when the person on the outside is at fault in the other incident.
Space left was critical in the two incidents. Max crowded Ocon much later than Lewis did. In the 2012 race between Schumacher and Kimi, Kimi got same space as Ocon and could get better bite to turn fully right without understeering to left. Schumacher gave decent space, enough to make the turn and didn't crowd. So Ocon had better opportunity to make it than Max.

Last edited by mendis on 14 Nov 2022, 11:36, edited 2 times in total.

Vanja #66

Ben1980 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 11:00

Yes you can, because unlapping is not the same as overtaking. Overtaking means you take over a position while racing, unlapping does not.

Schumi showed in 2012 how to defend hard but fair with Kimi, as mendis pointed out. Both Hamilton and Max get red mist seeing one another. This time Max had every right to be in that position on track and nowhere to go. The fact he knew what Hamilton would do just shows that both of them affect each other and know it.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

MadMax
MadMax

mzso wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:07
MadMax wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:11
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:07

Fair summation imho
Brundle doubled down on blaming Lewis even after Max given the penalty. Made me laugh. And people accuse all of Sky of being pro-Hamilton. :lol:
Yeah, laugh at the person who is right...
But he wasn't right...