Monaco Gate 2022

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
basti313

Re: Monaco Gate 2022

Jolle wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 11:56
Why does this threat feel like it’s purpose to legitimise Verstappen’s behaviour yesterday?
Every post here except for "shitstorm him" feels like this, doesn't it?

Jolle wrote:
He had a race that didn’t went like he wanted. His frustration made him crash and bump like before and his entitlement made him forget he works in a team.
I am surprised, that this is the view on team orders. Are we now defending team orders? Is "let xy pass for the championship" now the right thing or only in case of the right driver?
Jolle wrote:
I guess if Perez crashes his car on purpose and admitted it, he wouldn’t be in the car right now.
This is the topic of this thread.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Hoffman900

Is everyone really hanging their hat on a rumor started by a Dutch “journalist” who is an unabashed Verstappen fan?

I guess I’m not surprised…

billamend

Brundle mentioned it in the broadcast, so it seems like its an open secret in the paddock.

Hoffman900

billamend wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:36
Brundle mentioned it in the broadcast, so it seems like its an open secret in the paddock.
Rumors and paddock gossip aren’t secret facts.

Drivers and teams use friendly to them journalists to spread rumors all the time.

As for that throttle trace, is that actual throttle trace or inferred? What’s the resolution? No team is publishing the actual throttle trace.

yamahasho

Great post, I didn't know there was an actual admission. So I found a few sources reporting the same thing.

https://www.marca.com/en/f1/2022/11/13/ ... 801&s_kw=2

"Perez deliberately crashed in Monaco in qualifying and then admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner, which Max Verstappen hasn't forgotten,"

Perez declared in an interview. "I don't understand his attitude after all I have done for him. "If he has won two championships it is thanks to me."

I have said this before, Perez is the dirtiest player in the sport. Or one could say he's the best team player to a number one driver.

I can't believe some posters are actually making excuses for Perez's actions at Monaco. But it's hard to tell Max has integrity for not letting Perez in front of him in Brazil or is being revengeful for Monaco, either way, he's damaged himself, Red Bull and the sport, Max is not a team player and has undermined the team. Max's actions are divisive and have probably divided employee's at Red Bull. Even Schumacher let Barricello pass, but I could be wrong.

A lot of childish stuff going on at Red Bull.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

Hoffman900

yamahasho wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:53
Great post, I didn't know there was an actual admission. So I found a few sources reporting the same thing.

"Perez deliberately crashed in Monaco in qualifying and then admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner, which Max Verstappen hasn't forgotten,"

Perez declared in an interview. "I don't understand his attitude after all I have done for him. "If he has won two championships it is thanks to me."

I have said this before, Perez is the dirtiest player in the sport. Or one could say he's the best team player to a number one driver.

I can't believe some posters are actually making excuses for Perez's actions at Monaco. But it's hard to tell Max has integrity for not letting Perez in front of him in Brazil or is being revengeful for Monaco, either way, he's damaged himself, Red Bull and the sport, Max is not a team player and has undermined the team. Max's actions are divisive and have probably divided employee's at Red Bull. Even Schumacher let Barricello pass, but I could be wrong.

Admission as reported by a Dutch journalist who is friendly towards Max, and shares that info 5 months later…

Sorry guys, but it’s still a rumor to me.

yamahasho

Hoffman900 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 17:01
yamahasho wrote:

Admission as reported by a Dutch journalist who is friendly towards Max, and shares that info 5 months later…

A lot of outlets are reporting this so I don't see it as a rumor, it was literally a confession on social media. Even if it was a rumor, a lot shenanigans going on at Red Bull.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

Hoffman900

yamahasho wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 17:11
Hoffman900 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 17:01
yamahasho wrote:

A lot of outlets are reporting this so I don't see it as a rumor, it was literally a confession on social media. Even if it was a rumor, a lot shenanigans going on at Red Bull.
Trace it back to the source. The media outlets just repeat and amplify each other.

Mandrake

GrizzleBoy wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:44
My view is that this topic even becoming a thing because of Maxs childish behaviour says a lot.

"He started it", doesn't make it any less childish.

As I said in another topic, Checo could've written a confession, nothing imo excuses Max putting his feelings before the team who collectively including Checo have been instrumental in his championships.
Whatever Checo might have done of course does not justify Max placing himself above the team. Even if they did speak about it after Monaco and he then said that he will not help Checo after what he supposedly did.

But if you now look at the incident again, look at telemetry, lines etc. and you cannot immediately shoot the accusation down, in fact you even have to play devil's advocate, then Perez did dirty in Monaco. And that incident can be looked at independent from whatever Max did in Brazil.

Tiny73

I would counter that it’s entirely possibly he played dirty in Monaco but struggle to believe he’s admit it outright to Mario and Whinger spice.

Andres125sx

yamahasho wrote:

First, I understand RBR order, Max had nothing to lose, points are irrelevant for him, and no podium in play. I think he should have let Checo pass, even if the team already won both WCC and WDC, any team will prefer finishing 1-2 in WDC than 1-3

But that statement from Perez I bolded on Yamahasho post... RFLOMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AR3-GP

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 19:19
yamahasho wrote:

First, I understand RBR order, Max had nothing to lose, points are irrelevant for him, and no podium in play. I think he should have let Checo pass, even if the team already won both WCC and WDC, any team will prefer finishing 1-2 in WDC than 1-3

But that statement from Perez I bolded on Yamahasho post... RFLOMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
English isn't Checo's first language. The backwards phrasing makes that obvious.

pakoyz250f

I don´t think checo did that on purpose. I mean he risked his gear box, Sainz was behind also on a fast lap and crashed hard in to him and for what??? to start on 3rd? A safer place to try that is on the corner schumi did it and we know what happened next. I think it was more of a bad mistake...

For me as a Mexican and a Checo fan I really really hope that Checo gets 2nd place without help of Max and just say "yeah I got this 2 place without help of anybody" mic drop.. walk away and start war on 2023 (wet dream I know RB is all about Max)

Checo was so close on the first half on same conditions so I hope next year he becomes Minister of War. Mercedes is going to be on the fight next year and RB is going to need both drivers at its best.

AnthonyG

Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

vanburin

pakoyz250f wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:17
I don´t think checo did that on purpose. I mean he risked his gear box, Sainz was behind also on a fast lap and crashed hard in to him and for what??? to start on 3rd? A safer place to try that is on the corner schumi did it and we know what happened next. I think it was more of a bad mistake...

For me as a Mexican and a Checo fan I really really hope that Checo gets 2nd place without help of Max and just say "yeah I got this 2 place without help of anybody" mic drop.. walk away and start war on 2023 (wet dream I know RB is all about Max)

Checo was so close on the first half on same conditions so I hope next year he becomes Minister of War. Mercedes is going to be on the fight next year and RB is going to need both drivers at its best.
You are 100% right on this, but unfortunately Red Bull has no idea how or no intention of having both drivers compete at their very best (or better yet, both drivers given the opportunity to perform at their best). They've won the constructors championship 5 times, and the drivers championship 6 times, and not once have had a driver finish 2nd in the drivers championship in any of those years. It's a remarkable feat, really, and one that cannot be simply answered by "their #2 drivers not being good enough".