Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
AR3-GP

Re: Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

organic wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 00:50
kediown wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 13:26
organic wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 12:20
Has anyone got any good comparison shots of the nose? It seemed to be noticed immediately that it's changed and to me it does look like that too.. but would be nice to have confirmation
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png

Not the best angles, but tried to find some fan footage for better comparison. If any of you goes to Silverstone this year, please take low quality pictures so this can be easier next year :lol:
Looking at this RB almost certainly ran the shakedown with RB18 sidepods
and the plot thickens...

AR3-GP

kediown wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 01:47
organic wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 00:50
kediown wrote:

Not the best angles, but tried to find some fan footage for better comparison. If any of you goes to Silverstone this year, please take low quality pictures so this can be easier next year :lol:
Looking at this RB almost certainly ran the shakedown with RB18 sidepods
Might be a RB18 & RB19 hybrid to test the new front wing and floor combination. The airbox still seems smaller to me than it is in RB18
The airbox would have to have been RB19 spec because it will have the RB19 monocoque and the airbox is defined by the monocoque/roll hoop.

AR3-GP

kediown wrote:
organic wrote:
Has anyone got any good comparison shots of the nose? It seemed to be noticed immediately that it's changed and to me it does look like that too.. but would be nice to have confirmation

Can you relink the picture?

My goodness I've had an easier time finding pictures of the Loch ness monster.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 02:18
kediown wrote:
organic wrote:

Can you relink the picture?

My goodness I've had an easier time finding pictures of the Loch ness monster.

Stu

A selection of posts that relate to a potential review of regulations should the 2023 cars display excessive porpoising have been removed and a fresh thread started “2023 cars - what if they porpoise?
Such a general topic discussion should not divert from the specificity of this thread
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Henk_v

Just a thought; did we "witness" an RB19 filming day/shakedown, or have we been fooled and did they just do some laps in the RB18? Is there any public record of the nature of the test?

ME4ME

Pretty sure Red Bull did indeed call it the RB19 and we did get that short review from Verstappen having just driven the new car. Also time-wise it makes sense.

By now its almost too late to do a shakedown of a new car since testing starts in Bahrain in a few days time. Apart from logistics it would also make sense that they want plenty of time to analyse data and respond to any issues in between the shakedown and the official Bahrain test.

chrisc90

Henk_v wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 15:19
Just a thought; did we "witness" an RB19 filming day/shakedown, or have we been fooled and did they just do some laps in the RB18? Is there any public record of the nature of the test?
How many laps did they do?

I think if it was a shakedown short test 15km's, then we could have been fooled, but I think if they did 100km's then its a bit more substantial and would seem a waste to not test anything new, unless of course its all underfloor.

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 15:28
Henk_v wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 15:19
How many laps did they do?

I think if it was a shakedown short test 15km's, then we could have been fooled, but I think if they did 100km's then its a bit more substantial and would seem a waste to not test anything new, unless of course its all underfloor.
They haven't said / nobody's reported mileage. Just that RB did the secret shakedown at Silverstone

The front wing is certainly different to the rb18, as is the rear-wing certainly different to anything used on the rb18. The nose looks different and the roll-hoop also looks different. With these things and with proof RB did run the car on track in secret (just as they did with their real rb18 last year) it seems likely it's the rb19

AR3-GP

ME4ME wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 15:27
Pretty sure Red Bull did indeed call it the RB19 and we did get that short review from Verstappen having just driven the new car. Also time-wise it makes sense.

By now its almost too late to do a shakedown of a new car since testing starts in Bahrain in a few days time. Apart from logistics it would also make sense that they want plenty of time to analyse data and respond to any issues in between the shakedown and the official Bahrain test.
That is unless they would do the shakedown in Bahrain like Mclaren is planning, or like Haas did last season.

ME4ME

chrisc90 wrote:
I don't think there is such a thing as a 15 km shakedown test.
There is only the 100 km filming day, which each team gets two of, which they use for the shakedown as well as filming.

@AR3-GP, True. Altough we still got that Verstappen video. But it's certainly also possible that they'll uses their 2nd filming day before the Bahrain test.
Last edited by ME4ME on 19 Feb 2023, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

organic

ME4ME wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 15:33
chrisc90 wrote:
I don't think there is such a thing as a 15 km shakedown test.
There is only the 100 km filming day, which each team gets two of, which they use for the shakedown as well as filming.
There is such a thing as a demo day with the new cars. It is 15km. Ferrari used it for the live shakedown / car launch at Fiorano followed by the filming day (100km) the day after and Merc used the 15km demo day on the same day as their car launch also

ME4ME

Oh okey I stand corrected then :)
Is that new since this year?

OO7
OO7

etusch wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 10:35
organic wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 09:00
https://i.imgur.com/nCPuoPl.jpeg

Ignore the arrows focusing on the airbox (not my arrows, stolen from someone else)

The front wing change seems fairly irrefutable in this image, but yes motion blur can do all sorts of tricks

The upper planes of the fw don't swoop back towards the front of the nose as you go inboard. They just insert rearward like ferrari's
In this picture their sidepod also looks quite different to me. Maybe Redbull way of last years Ferrari concept. I think it is roughly like this. :)

https://i.ibb.co/XZNYFsR/Ekran-Resmi-20 ... -10-43.png
I agree, it looks like they may have combine there 22 design with something like Ferrari's dip or a slide such as Alpine introduced last year.

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 15:32
ME4ME wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 15:27

That is unless they would do the shakedown in Bahrain like Mclaren is planning, or like Haas did last season.
@ME4ME says it all right. :)

https://news.verstappen.com/en/article/5009/
Max after first miles in the RB19: 'Exactly what you hope for'

Published on 10 February 2023

Two-time Formula 1 world champion Max Verstappen and his teammate Sergio Perez were in Silverstone on Friday,
where Oracle Red Bull Racing had a filming day with their 2023 car, the RB19.
During such a film day, a maximum of one hundred kilometers is allowed to be covered and driving is done on demo tires.
Hence a shakedown is all about checking the systems.

“Today I drove the RB19 for the first time,” says Max. “Of course it was a filming day here at Silverstone, but I got a good
first impression. Everything worked as it should and everything went very smoothly and that is exactly what you hope for
during such a day. Now I am really excited to go to Bahrain.”
The Power of Dreams!