Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
kediown

Re: Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

I believe RB19 can have an S-duct, but I think it's not Red Bull Scarb meant by the other 2 teams hence he said "at least 2". I think still no one knows how the car is apart from the team members itself and they wouldn't share this information. Very excited to see the car tomorrow, RB19 finally will get it's own thread :lol:

etusch

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 17:45
The must have a loophole part on their floor.
they were very generous to show their floor past year.

LM10

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 18:05
RB might have an S-duct, among other things that they didn't want anyone to see:

https://i.postimg.cc/15h2jXDf/image.png
And how should Scarbs know that? He’s in the same boat with us.

organic

LM10 wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 21:43
AR3-GP wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 18:05
RB might have an S-duct, among other things that they didn't want anyone to see:

https://i.postimg.cc/15h2jXDf/image.png
And how should Scarbs know that? He’s in the same boat with us.
He knew about merc's zeropods prior to Bahrain testing last year. He's not in the same boat with us at all.

He's doing a similar thing to us sure, but he's very much in the know about rumours that we aren't privy to

PlatinumZealot

The ferrari has a good reason for the s-duct. Its side pod has a very flat front that creates a high pressure zone to squeeze air to the side. That action creates some stagnation across the face... It's not boundary layer as people are saying. Boundary layer problems wont occur there at all. We see this every year when teams run flow vis on the side if the chassis. Air flow is well attached. I think what Ferrari are doing is either one of four things I think: 1) bleeding off pressure to creating a certain pressure profile in front of the floor. 2) cheap cooling 3) S-duct to clean up top-of side pod flow 4) A type of F-duct that works automatically like Mercedes W01 rear wing.

So back to Red Bull.. The redBull side pod doesn't really have as much pressure infront of it unless RedBull purposely does a flat face section just in the corner like Ferrari for this purpose... And RedBull likely doesn't even need that if they have very clean top-of side pod flow. Images aren't sharp enough yet to see down into that corner of the side pod.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

AR3-GP

When will the pictures start trickling in? They should be trackside now?

organic

They'll probably have the barriers up til as late as possible :lol: every second counts

Andi76

PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 02:01
The ferrari has a good reason for the s-duct. Its side pod has a very flat front that creates a high pressure zone to squeeze air to the side. That action creates some stagnation across the face... It's not boundary layer as people are saying. Boundary layer problems wont occur there at all. We see this every year when teams run flow vis on the side if the chassis. Air flow is well attached. I think what Ferrari are doing is either one of four things I think: 1) bleeding off pressure to creating a certain pressure profile in front of the floor. 2) cheap cooling 3) S-duct to clean up top-of side pod flow 4) A type of F-duct that works automatically like Mercedes W01 rear wing.

So back to Red Bull.. The redBull side pod doesn't really have as much pressure infront of it unless RedBull purposely does a flat face section just in the corner like Ferrari for this purpose... And RedBull likely doesn't even need that if they have very clean top-of side pod flow. Images aren't sharp enough yet to see down into that corner of the side pod.
Thank you! Finally someone who actually explains correctly why Ferrari has the S-Duct there!

As for Red Bull, I totally agree. However, something will come today, even if it's not an S-Duct. Red Bull's "hiding game" makes no sense to me otherwise. I think that the car looks quite a bit different than the RB18 in some places.

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Well it seems amr are trying out the duct so we will see if it only works for Ferrari concept. Besides, Ferrari hardly have the blunt sidepods anymore. The undercut is far smoother and deeper than last year

AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
The ferrari has a good reason for the s-duct. Its side pod has a very flat front that creates a high pressure zone to squeeze air to the side. That action creates some stagnation across the face... It's not boundary layer as people are saying. Boundary layer problems wont occur there at all.
Kyle Engineers:

organic

From Twitter. :lol: We have subverted their barricades

AR3-GP

organic wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 07:50
https://i.imgur.com/cFDsDQl.png

From Twitter. :lol: We have subverted their barricades
Quite similar looking from that view to last season:

AR3-GP

The floor edge is insane.

organic

Seems that we got the rear wing speculation about how they've filleted the corners spot on

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 07:57
The floor edge is insane.
yeah not sure what's going on at the front of the floor