Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
organic

Re: Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

f1316 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 22:42
Bear in mind: Ferrari have a lot of old formula one cars they can shove under a drape - it doesn’t have to be 2022’s or the genuine 2023 car.
It has the wheel arch/eyebrow winglets

gordonthegun

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 22:21
gordonthegun wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 21:32
Let's not forget that Ferrari might be fooling us all with a fake photo.

Zooming in, for example, I can see a strange shape/shadow in front of the rear wheel that i can't understand.
Highlight/outline the strange shape/shadow?
I can't do that, I have no clouds to upload photos to.
It is very visible If you zoom in.
It's exactly in front of the right rear wheel. It seems a part of the floor in a wrong position with a strange small appendage.

organic

This is how I imagine the cover resting (blue line).. perspective of the photo is the white eye

But from the perspective you can't see the part where the mirror is causing a bit of an illusion making it look like the drape just goes from the front wheel arch to the sidepod when in reality it doesn't

Then the oblique angle makes the ramp look even sharper than it is..

And so I'm fairly sure that there is nothing to be drawn from the ramping pod under the drape. Could be the 23 could be 22 from that feature yes I've probably wasted my time with this

organic

gordonthegun wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 22:50
organic wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 22:21
gordonthegun wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 21:32

Let's not forget that Ferrari might be fooling us all with a fake photo.

Zooming in, for example, I can see a strange shape/shadow in front of the rear wheel that i can't understand.
Highlight/outline the strange shape/shadow?
I can't do that, I have no clouds to upload photos to.
It is very visible If you zoom in.
It's exactly in front of the right rear wheel. It seems a part of the floor in a wrong position with a strange small appendage.
That's the chuck so it doesn't start driving away

gordonthegun

organic wrote:
This is how I imagine the cover resting (blue line).. perspective of the photo is the white eye

https://i.imgur.com/wdsy9I3.png

But from the perspective you can't see the part where the mirror is causing a bit of an illusion making it look like the drape just goes from the front wheel arch to the sidepod when in reality it doesn't

https://i.imgur.com/K80DrE6.png

And so I'm fairly sure that there is nothing to be drawn from the ramping pod under the drape. Could be the 23 could be 22 from that feature yes I've probably wasted my time with this
From the photo, in my opinion, the sidepods cannot be like last year's.
Watch the drape as it goes from the outside of the rear wheel to the center of the car in a narrow longitudinal space without hitting anything.

nico5

Is it me or would you also not trust them leaving the 700kg real thing standing on those ikea-strong supports?

organic

gordonthegun wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 23:25
organic wrote:

Watch the drape as it goes from the outside of the rear wheel to the center of the car in a narrow longitudinal space without hitting anything.
Yeah I'm less confident about my interpretation now. Thinking it's wrong and I'll refrain from thinking about it til the release comes for fear of going insane

gordonthegun

From this photo:

I glimpse rather these sidepods: :D :shock: :o

gordonthegun

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 23:41
gordonthegun wrote:
organic wrote:

Yeah I'm less confident about my interpretation now. Thinking it's wrong and I'll refrain from thinking about it til the release comes for fear of going insane
Ah, ah, good one, but, please, use commas, I took a bit to understand, I'm not english mother-tongue.
Last edited by gordonthegun on 12 Feb 2023, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

gordonthegun

nico5 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 23:33
Is it me or would you also not trust them leaving the 700kg real thing standing on those ikea-strong supports?
True!

organic

gordonthegun wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 23:48
organic wrote:
gordonthegun wrote:

Ah, ah, good one, but, please, use commas, I took a bit to understand, I'm not english mothertongue.
[I'm] thinking [my idea is] wrong and I'll refrain from thinking about [the problem] until the release [of the car] for fear of going insane

Don't think it can even have a comma the way I structured it

But indeed it is good feedback.. my reply was poorly structured English - my bad. I often type like that when I'm in a hurry and I will try to be clearer going forwards

And Re leaving a car on those supports.. that would be a trusting move yea but surely there's a reason they're up there ? The car on the bay over in the rear of the shot looks to be on them too

gordonthegun

organic wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 23:58
gordonthegun wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 23:48
organic wrote:

Ah, ah, good one, but, please, use commas, I took a bit to understand, I'm not english mothertongue.
[I'm] thinking [my idea is] wrong and I'll refrain from thinking about [the problem] until the release [of the car] for fear of going insane

Don't think it can even have a comma the way I structured it

But indeed it is good feedback.. my reply was poorly structured English - my bad. I often type like that when I'm in a hurry and I will try to be clearer going forwards

And Re leaving a car on those supports.. that would be a trusting move yea but surely there's a reason they're up there ? The car on the bay over in the rear of the shot looks to be on them too
The photoshopping is easier with the car raised. The floor would give more constraints and limitations to... make the trick.

AR3-GP

gordonthegun wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 22:37
Also the endplate seems to be artificially made more visible.
If it were so close to the drape to be so visible we should glimpse also its curved rib.

https://www.circusf1.com/f14/wp-content ... 5_d005.png
The sharp lower edge that is prominent and that i highlighted with the arrow is the “diveplane” protruding from the drape. I think you refer to this as the “curved rib” but it’s all one and the same I believe. That edge is too high to be the bottom of the end plate so it appears that it’s the diveplane.

jumpingfish

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2023 ... -2023.html

Ferrari has solved reliability problems 8)
On the sidelines of the Bandini award, Steiner had occasion to reveal feedback from Mattia Binotto that early simulations the 2023 power unit had shown tremendous potential of the revised 066/7 power unit. A few months have passed since then, however, the Haas team principal has received further reassurance on the reliability front of the turbo hybrid unit made in Maranello:

"I have been told that the reliability problems that the power unit had last year have been solved. I trust this and we are logically very happy because last year we had to homologate six engines instead of three."
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

AR3-GP

jumpingfish wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 07:14
https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2023 ... -2023.html

Ferrari has solved reliability problems 8)
On the sidelines of the Bandini award, Steiner had occasion to reveal feedback from Mattia Binotto that early simulations the 2023 power unit had shown tremendous potential of the revised 066/7 power unit. A few months have passed since then, however, the Haas team principal has received further reassurance on the reliability front of the turbo hybrid unit made in Maranello:

"I have been told that the reliability problems that the power unit had last year have been solved. I trust this and we are logically very happy because last year we had to homologate six engines instead of three."
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
homologate? :lol: