Alpine Renault A523 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Alpine Renault A523 speculation thread

It's possible they made their cannon exits tighter around the engine, a bit like Williams for example

Venturiation
Venturiation

wogx

why does the sidepod inlet almost look stepped? Or is that like a smaller inlet slightly behind the main inlet?
It looks a bit like upper SIPS
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Blackout

Yes.

A522B for reference

There are many small changes compared to 2022. New monocoque.

Blackout

For example, it seems those deep cockpit channels that distinguished the A522 are gone (purple arrow)
📸AMuS 📸Nextgen-Auto

And they made that odd device (red arrow) bigger

organic

Last edited by organic on 13 Feb 2023, 12:06, edited 2 times in total.

_cerber1

stan_french
stan_french

organic wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 11:56
Bigfoot video from silverstone today. Getting ahead of it in case rumours go wild; almost certain it's the '22 car
Why would it be the 2022 car? Haven't they used up both of their filming days for the '22 car, making it thus illegal to run it?

I have found a picture though with indeed as you state "bigfoot" quality footage, but i'd argue its the '23 car.

Also if you look closely there's more black at the back of the car than there was on the '22 car, so it's technically a different livery. Bear in mind also that a few weeks ago some technical person at Alpine gave an interview and said that visually speaking it wasn't going to be that different to last years' car. Albeit a lot of change at the rear was stated to be done, but who are we kidding, it's not something we'll see on such a low quality picture.

organic

stan_french wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 12:06
organic wrote:
Bigfoot video from silverstone today. Getting ahead of it in case rumours go wild; almost certain it's the '22 car
Why would it be the 2022 car? Haven't they used up both of their filming days for the '22 car, making it thus illegal to run it?

I have found a picture though with indeed as you state "bigfoot" quality footage, but i'd argue its the '23 car.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fo1p1F4XgAA ... me=900x900

Also if you look closely there's more black at the back of the car than there was on the '22 car, so it's technically a different livery. Bear in mind also that a few weeks ago some technical person at Alpine gave an interview and said that visually speaking it wasn't going to be that different to last years' car. Albeit a lot of change at the rear was stated to be done, but who are we kidding, it's not something we'll see on such a low quality picture.
Could be a 2023 tyre test like Merc did last week with the W13

But yes I rescind my comment that it's almost certainly the 2022 car.. not sure to be honest

to me it still looks like the 2022 car with a different livery

stan_french
stan_french

organic wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 12:08
stan_french wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 12:06
organic wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fo1p1F4XgAA ... me=900x900

Could be a 2023 tyre test like Merc did last week with the W13

But yes I rescind my comment that it's almost certainly the 2022 car.. not sure to be honest

to me it still looks like the 2022 car with a different livery
I've just been thinking, and maybe you were actually originally right. Officially it seems that today is a filming day for williams, so it would not make sense for both of the teams to have the track. Maybe this guy is releasing footage from last year this year and just doing some attention seeking.

Blackout

No the pic/video is new, but I agree this could be last year's A522 with updated livery (more black and no MAPFRE red sticker)

There seem to be some small differences with A522B, but maybe it's due to the 12pixels blurry pic.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Logically, with the pre-season test in less than 10 days, that has to be the A523 on a filming day shakedown.

It's not a Pirelli test. Those were only announced with Ferrari, Mercedes, Alpha Tauri:
The start of February sees three more tests, the first two of which are back-to-back at Paul Ricard – featuring Mercedes (February 1-2, dry tyres) and AlphaTauri (February 3-4, wet tyres).

After a break of a couple of days, the final test will be at Spanish venue Jerez on February 7-8 when both Mercedes and Aston Martin put the dry tyres through their paces.

It couldn't be the A522 because they would lose a vital filming day slot on an obselete car.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 13 Feb 2023, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Blackout wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 13:51
No the pic/video is new, but I agree this could be last year's A522 with updated livery (more black and no MAPFRE red sticker)

There seem to be some small differences with A522B, but maybe it's due to the 12pixels blurry pic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fo1ycihWIAA ... name=small
The sidepod looks different between the two photos.

Blackout

The sidepod undercut?
What's consistent in every screenshot IMO is: 1-that red distance looks longer (& even weird), 2-the sidepod undercut around the B of BWT looks different, 3-sharkfin almost gone (not just black), hence the lower driver Nr?, 4-cannon tube more horizontal...
If they pushed the cockpit backwards, that might explain point 1 & 3

Last edited by Blackout on 13 Feb 2023, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Blackout wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 18:00
The sidepod undercut?
What's consistent in every screenshot IMO is: 1-that red distance looks longer (& even weird), 2-the sidepod undercut around the B of BWT looks different, 3-sharkfin almost gone (not just black), hence the lower driver Nr?, 4-cannon tube more horizontal...
If they pushed the cockpit backwards, that might explain point 1 & 2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fo2r6jVaEAA ... name=large
I agree with what you see and just to add, as I mentioned earlier, it would not make sense under the current regulations to use a filming day 10 days before preseason test, for an A522.

So it must be the A523.