2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SuperCNJ
SuperCNJ

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Did Horner congratulate Checo on the radio after the race? I only heard him congratulate Max which didn't seem right unless I missed it.

organic

SuperCNJ wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:24
Did Horner congratulate Checo on the radio after the race? I only heard him congratulate Max which didn't seem right unless I missed it.
Yes he did

organic

I wonder if they will produce any upgrades after Baku

maseboogie
maseboogie

SuperCNJ wrote:
Yes. After Checo crossed the finish line, his engineer congratulated him first followed by Horner congratulating him. It was loud and clear.

fritticaldi

The RBR car has some sort of technical advantage over its rival teams. The RBR car always has optimal tyres no matter what stage of the race. They even recorded the fastest lap of the race on the last lap when the tyres should be practically shot. I believe this team has active suspension or traction control. It has to be a device that makes the car not sollicitate its tyres.

chrisc90

Didn’t the FIA have a close look at their dampers when they brought upgrade ones to the second or 3rd day of testing last year?

fritticaldi

The RBR were investigated I am not sure when . If it was last year that is way too far back. The tyre degradation problem would never occur if there was two tyre suppliers.

LM10
LM10

However RedBull achieves their frightening race pace, the suspension seems to be playing a big role. The car can scratch the ground with the floor for half a lap and that’s absolutely no problem for them. They can do the desired thing with a ground effect car which is to have the floor as low as possible. It must be a really clever interpretation of regulations or even a loop hole.

I ask myself what hiding the car until testing was all about. Seems like they wanted to give the impression of not wanting to show a visible part. In reality there was nothing to hide and whatever their silver bullet is, is hidden. It was a pure distraction and maybe they tried to make people believe that the secret lies in the visible part of the car, instead of making them suspicious there might be something going on in a grey area.
Last edited by LM10 on 21 Mar 2023, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

avantman
avantman

fritticaldi wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:54
The RBR car has some sort of technical advantage over its rival teams. The RBR car always has optimal tyres no matter what stage of the race. They even recorded the fastest lap of the race on the last lap when the tyres should be practically shot. I believe this team has active suspension or traction control. It has to be a device that makes the car not sollicitate its tyres.
Nice story, LMAO.
Drivers of all top 4 teams set their personal best lap time of the race on the last lap "when the tyres should be practically shot". The gap to the fastest lap of Max, might even surprise you, but here it is:
Verstappen 1:31.906
Alonso 1:32.240
Russell 1:32.433
Sainz 1:32.822

mendis
mendis

fritticaldi wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:54
Well, you have to look at the history of how their cars have been aggressively kind on their tyres. Starting from 2011, the first of year of Pirellis, Red Bull have managed to make the best use of Pirelli tyres like no one else has. Barring the 2013 Pirelli fiasco of the 1st half of the season, their cars have been impeccable on tyre life. Even in the days of lethargic Renault PU, where RB had to run compromised downforce levels to meet the straight line speed demands, their tyre life was never a question mark. Newey also has a lot of expertise on the design of suspension systems, which is probably why his cars are excellent on tyre life. This year's Pirellis, finally seems to have a wider operating window that is helping every team up and down the grid.

Sieper

SuperCNJ wrote:
Man, it was in the life feed. Horner said “wicked” drive and Checo had to laugh about the word. How can you have missed this?

Rikhart
Rikhart

Sieper wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 19:12
SuperCNJ wrote:
Man, it was in the life feed. Horner said “wicked” drive and Checo had to laugh about the word. How can you have missed this?
TBH that post just looks to be an attempt to fish for any polemic 8)

Seems to be a lot of that going around here, lately.

wvkc9nhe
wvkc9nhe

LM10 wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 18:34
However RedBull achieves their frightening race pace, the suspension seems to be playing a big role. The car can scratch the ground with the floor for half a lap and that’s absolutely no problem for them. They can do the desired thing with a ground effect car which is to have the floor as low as possible. It must be a really clever interpretation of regulations or even a loop hole.

I ask myself what hiding the car until testing was all about. Seems like they wanted to give the impression of not wanting to show a visible part. In reality there was nothing to hide and whatever their silver bullet is, is hidden. It was a pure distraction and maybe they tried to make people believe that the secret lies in the visible part of the car, instead of making them suspicious there might be something going on in a grey area.
I strongly agree with the views of the two people below who refuted you. In the 2021 season, when Mercedes' car number 44 with a rocket engine still showed terrifying speed on the final straight of the last lap, nearly surpassing car number 33 with new soft tires after 40 laps on hard tires. Do you also think that there is a gray area in the bottom of car number 44?
When Red Bull was forced to sacrifice downforce for straight-line speed due to engine disadvantage and won the qualifying, but had to enter the pit due to tire failure after only 10 laps in the race, can you also think that Red Bull is not good at protecting tires?
This is clearly inversely proportional between the downforce level and tire wear. Only when you have an engine advantage can you stack downforce recklessly.

wvkc9nhe
wvkc9nhe

LM10 wrote:

One more point to be pointed out is that Aston Martin has an advantage over Red Bull in the corners, and they only lost on the long straights that heavily rely on engine power, especially the damn top speed. However, despite this, Alonso still managed to finish the last lap with a time only 0.3 seconds behind Verstappen. How can this be explained?

continuum16

wvkc9nhe wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 03:22
LM10 wrote:

One more point to be pointed out is that Aston Martin has an advantage over Red Bull in the corners, and they only lost on the long straights that heavily rely on engine power, especially the damn top speed. However, despite this, Alonso still managed to finish the last lap with a time only 0.3 seconds behind Verstappen. How can this be explained?
Given AM seemed to carry a bit more downforce, that may have reduced deg slightly compared to RB. So after 30 laps on hards, Alonso could get relatively close to Verstappen's lap time given his Pirellis were in slightly better shape. However, I haven't seen a direct comparison of ALO vs VER's deg so that's just an educated guess.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain