2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Wouter

Re: 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

etusch wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 16:53
He is escaping penalty because he won't race the next one. I think they will change this rule.
See the last paragraph:

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

So what I read was wrong. He will be penalized firts race he participate. Sorry for wrong info and thank you @Wouter for correcting.

etusch

Maverick Viñales was the closest to the winner of the Portuguese MotoGP GP, finishing second on his Aprilia – while teammate Aleix Espargaro didn't go beyond ninth. Carlo Pernat already points to him as a possible candidate for the top places in the World Championship if he remains constant, after a round in which the RS-GP proved to be strong.

In an interview with GPOne.com, the rider manager highlighted that only Aprilia managed to be at the level of Ducati and, in particular, maintained that Viñales may even have a say in the fight for the title:

- The only, and this was already mentioned in the predictions before the race, that manages to stay with Ducati is Aprilia, which also changed a little boss in this race. Now it becomes Vinales. Aleix didn't have a good race. Surely he was coming back from surgery, but if Viñales competes like this without having ups and downs, he could be one of the protagonists of this World Championship.
https://www.motorcyclesports.net/articl ... gGxN4YFN6A

etusch

P1 Result

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

I liked it. I could not find what I expected from Aprillas but ktm was a surprise. Well done binder 👏👏👏

etusch

AMG.Tzan

Why can’t I find it on their Facebook page?? Did they remove it??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

I don't know, there are more place to find same news.
Honda also used a new HRC built frame with Alex Rins. His race pace was not bad in wet conditions until he suffer fogging issue. If his pace was because of new frame, then chassis maybe their main issue and can start to step up with new chassis if it works as expected.

Honda NEW Kalex Chassis Hits The Track In A Private Test!!! | Motogp News

Honda set to test Kalex MotoGP chassis prior to Americas GP
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... /10447541/

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

How did you all find the madness of the Sprint (races) in MotoGP?

They seem to be a magnet for disaster but very exciting. It feels like the Sunday race is now excessively long, boring and lacking in the thrill. Has sprint for every round given the long format race a hole below the waterline? Will we end up with multiple shorter races?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

etusch

I like it. At first sprint crashes affraid me little bit but second sprint was good and watching two race in one week is good for me.

AMG.Tzan

etusch wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 08:37
I don't know, there are more place to find same news.
Honda also used a new HRC built frame with Alex Rins. His race pace was not bad in wet conditions until he suffer fogging issue. If his pace was because of new frame, then chassis maybe their main issue and can start to step up with new chassis if it works as expected.

Honda NEW Kalex Chassis Hits The Track In A Private Test!!! | Motogp News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7G2Wjv9Au8

Honda set to test Kalex MotoGP chassis prior to Americas GP
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... /10447541/
I think Alex tried Marquez’s chassis
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Cuky

CMSMJ1 wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 09:39
I think the master stroke about sprint races in MotoGP was to not have them decide starting order for GP on Sunday. If it was used to determine a starting order I guess we would just get processions around the track with riders settling for whatever points they would get in order not to be on the back row on Sunday. It is fun, fast and packed with action. So far so good.

Only thing that I don't like in format changes this season is the fact that Moto2 and Moto3 have lost their warm up sessions on Sunday. Most of the year it shouldn't be a problem, but when they have say wet weekend for Sunday to turn bone dry (or vice versa) I think it would be great for riders to have at least 10-15 min of track time in those new conditions.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Cuky wrote:
08 Apr 2023, 08:57
CMSMJ1 wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 09:39
I think the master stroke about sprint races in MotoGP was to not have them decide starting order for GP on Sunday. If it was used to determine a starting order I guess we would just get processions around the track with riders settling for whatever points they would get in order not to be on the back row on Sunday. It is fun, fast and packed with action. So far so good.
No cost cap in Moto GP either. If they wreck the main bike, they can just hop on the backup bike.

etusch

I don't know if this is true but if Honda gave better and working frame to Marc and not giving other riders, this is a really bad ---.

Red Bull may be pushing to put Marc Márquez at KTM’ – Óscar Haro
Repsol Honda is going through yet another difficult start to the season in MotoGP, with the top places still a long way off. Marc Márquez took the pole position and a third place in the sprint race in Portimão, but the performances may not be the only reasons to be unpleased... and he could even leave to KTM. His current agreement with Honda runs through 2024.

In an interview with the YouTube channel SportAction/Paddock TV, Óscar Haro spoke about these rumors that are circulating in Spain: ‘Márquez's former manager, Emilio Alzamora, let's say that, after what happened with Márquez, he wants to make a little war on Márquez and he offered himself to be [Pedro] Acosta's manager. In Spain it is said that Márquez is very angry with Honda and that Red Bull is pushing for the bike that in theory Acosta should land in MotoGP – a KTM – to give it to Márquez. And put Acosta on Márquez's bike at HRC. This is what the journalists talked about, also with me – I didn't know anything, but they said everything. It would be a beautiful story, Márquez's former manager helping Acosta by putting him on Honda and Márquez on KTM’.

According to Haro, Márquez's discontent with Honda could go beyond the performances: ‘I haven't spoken with Marc or Álex [Rins], but I known perfectly that Marc is upset. Marc is very jealous of his team, he is very jealous of everything he tries. I don't think he was very excited or happy that they allowed Álex Rins try out his frame and fork. Marc found a different frame with some more rear grip, which he liked – he raced with it in Portugal and he was very strong. As Honda decided that Stefan Bradl would not race at Termas de Río Hondo, they made the decision to give this frame to Álex Rins. Álex Rins liked it; the problem is that Álex Rins now wants a frame like that and Marc will not be very happy that Álex Rins tried it’.
https://www.motorcyclesports.net/articl ... 54RoQfKJ84