2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately

Re: 2023 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Sector 4 seems to be the problem.
31C ambient

johnny comelately

Dear Suzuki,

Can we lease the 2022 bikes and spares from you if we can find a sponsor to run a private team?
Signed,
Joan Help Mir and Alex Please Rins.

etusch

Last days first 10

johnny comelately

and the rest

JordanMugen

johnny comelately wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 08:40
Dear Suzuki,

Can we lease the 2022 bikes and spares from you if we can find a sponsor to run a private team?
Signed,
Joan Help Mir and Alex Please Rins.
Are you suggesting the Hondas they have ended up on are not very good?! :|

etusch

If honda can solve tracktion issue they will enjoy with horses and do not angry by being easily overtaken by ducatis they had evertook before main straight. Only problem with this comment is it starts with an if

AMG.Tzan

At last Honda has 2 (maybe even 3) great riders!

Mir already looks close to Marquez in terms of lap time and he said that now he rides differently and likes this kind of riding more! Which apparently translates to Honda being more suited to his aggressive riding style than Suzuki was!

Honda themselves though are a lot of miles behind the Italians! Can’t really understand if this has only to do with tires not being worked the way they should but looking at Yamaha also, it kind of shows that even with horsepower Yamaha can’t fight at the front! Fabio too mentioned the tires as the main purpose of this…

Anyway, both Aprilia and Ducati look unstoppable right now! Even the satellite teams! I’m a bit amazed at KTM…I expected a lot more from them!

-2024 silly season: Marc should leave Honda and jump on an Aprilia! I don’t see any free seats at Ducati so A. Espargaro’s seat looks tasty right now!

P.S. Maybe it’s just Sepang being more suited to Ducatis but still I don’t think either Honda or Yamaha will be able to find 0.5-1.0 secs to fight at the front! Which is a shame for both MotoGP fans, Fabio and Marc…

One last question: Are rear or front ride height devises banned from 2023? Or none of them?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 16:22
At last Honda has 2 (maybe even 3) great riders!

Mir already looks close to Marquez in terms of lap time and he said that now he rides differently and likes this kind of riding more! Which apparently translates to Honda being more suited to his aggressive riding style than Suzuki was!

Honda themselves though are a lot of miles behind the Italians! Can’t really understand if this has only to do with tires not being worked the way they should but looking at Yamaha also, it kind of shows that even with horsepower Yamaha can’t fight at the front! Fabio too mentioned the tires as the main purpose of this…

Anyway, both Aprilia and Ducati look unstoppable right now! Even the satellite teams! I’m a bit amazed at KTM…I expected a lot more from them!

P.S. Maybe it’s just Sepang being more suited to Ducatis but still I don’t think either Honda or Yamaha will be able to find 0.5-1.0 secs to fight at the front! Which is a shame for both MotoGP fans, Fabio and Marc…

One last question: Are rear or front ride height devises banned from 2023? Or none of them?
I was not skeptical about Mir but especially this last day of testing, his pace gave me hope that he can be good with this bike. Rins also not that bad. I think both will be better at next tests.

Last season they were good at tests but bad at races. It is better to be being good at race instead of tests. I think yamaha and Honda are not bad. They will be better than ducati's different kind of circuits. Bad side of this, this was same last year too. They should catch up ducati at traction tracks too. MM says they will go step by step, this is one step and one another to next test. A good thing with them, they know where they should be better, bad side, they don't know how to do it.

Rear device is legal completely. Front device is banned for race but not for start. They will use it only at start.

johnny comelately

Sepang MotoGP Test: ‘Very dangerous’ - Marco Bezzecchi warns high tyre pressures could become safety risk
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10201 ... n-michelin

johnny comelately

Is there ground effect on George's fairing?
If not why not?
If so where?
Last edited by johnny comelately on 13 Feb 2023, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

johnny comelately

Morbidelli did add one further clue to the qualifying issue, described as a 'nightmare' by 2021 world champion Quartararo, revealing it is not simply new tyres that are the problem, but the combination of new tyres and low fuel.

“The bike doesn't work with new tyres and light [fuel] configuration,” said the Italian.

etusch

Quartararo said that they were getting good lap times even if many laps on the tyre. So I think they should find a little bit more downforce, little bit shorter tyre life. Because if they start too far behind, there will be no chance for them. Still there is one month. We will wait and see what will be brought by teams which are behind now.

AMG.Tzan

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news ... /10434271/

As I said above apparently Aprilia is the only competitive option for Marquez! I don’t see Honda or Yamaha getting any better…KTM still looks a long way off!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

I've read an interview of Martin, he said he could not overtake a yamaha at straight. If he is right than what we saw in testing is not show real picture. In the same time he was saying they are better at braking and other parts of bike is same as last year's bike. This is what AEspergaro also said (their acceleration and braking abilitiy).
We still need to see next test but my opinion is for comming season is getting decent results continuously ( like mir did 2020) is key for this season. I think grid is so close.
Mir said about honda that he can brake late and can keep braking until last moment compared to Suzuki. They just need to find some grip at rear and we don't know if it is depends on some little thing or need many different thing come together. In both case, it is matter of finding that thing or way. There is possibility that those can not be found . But if they can find...

etusch

Bike looks well built, it's front wing looks made from carbon fiber. So I think this is their real bike.