2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JordanMugen wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 11:50
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 07:09
That car is only as good as it looks under Sainz …specially after TD39. This fooking ba$terd deliberately outperforms that car and puts it 2nd/3rd on Saturday instead of 4th/5th and we start dreaming but come sunday everyone wakes up to the reality.
Red Bull has Verstappen, Aston Martin has Alonso and Mercedes has both Russell and Hamilton, so any effect of that sort should balance out given at least one similar calibre tier-one drivers in all four top teams. :)
On a side note does RB even need a tier one driver? Even Perez looks unbeatable in that car ffs.

Lastly what i mean was Leclerc is out performing the car in qualifying with his exceptional one lap ability, it’s actually peppering over the cracks. In RB or mercs case theses guys actually perform better on race day totally opposite of ferrari.

organic

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 16:31

On a side note does RB even need a tier one driver? Even Perez looks unbeatable in that car ffs.

Most if not all drivers on the grid would win in the rb19

mzso

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 03:35
See that's the thing. My arm chair opinion tells me that the wing Ferrari had in Jeddah is the one they should have had in Bahrain. The wing they ran in Bahrain is the one they should have had in Jeddah.

Look at the RB! Why on earth was Ferrari loading up on downforce on a no-deg circuit, while RB was trimming their car out.

None of it makes sense. How are their simulations telling them to do the opposite of RB.

The Ferrari was a missile in Bahrain. They would have cleared 340 km/h easy with the rear wing from Bahrain.
RB had the largest rear wing in Bahrain, and they were still faster in the straights.
jambuka wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 03:26
Maybe, if they were ahead of Mercs things would not have been so demoralizing. It seems right now the car is in no man’s land. They don’t have strongest traction in slow speed corners, nor they are a missile in straight line. It just seems it’s average in everything.
Preciesely average. They have the fourth fastest car. They are just not competent in any measure compared to RB.
As Leclerc said: “Straight lines they’re quicker, corner they are quicker, so we need everything.” “Overall the pace is just not good enough. Honestly, there wasn’t much more in the car, that was the best we could do.”"

AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 11:40
AR3-GP wrote:
See that's the thing. My arm chair opinion tells me that the wing Ferrari had in Jeddah is the one they should have had in Bahrain. The wing they ran in Bahrain is the one they should have had in Jeddah.

Look at the RB! Why on earth was Ferrari loading up on downforce on a no-deg circuit, while RB was trimming their car out.

None of it makes sense. How are their simulations telling them to do the opposite of RB.

The Ferrari was a missile in Bahrain. They would have cleared 340 km/h easy with the rear wing from Bahrain.
https://i.ibb.co/QHnLFP0/jeddah-r-2023.jpg

Respective fastest laps in the race. It's not the wing, it was the tyres :) Possibly higher ride height than optimal on Ferrari, they never sparked like they did in Bahrain
Why compare Perez's lap 38 personal best with Leclerc on lap 47? Perez has 9 laps more fuel and doesn't have a slip stream like Leclerc does.

Also, Alonso-Russell-Verstappen all went quicker than Perez's best on lap 50.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 20 Mar 2023, 17:39, edited 3 times in total.

AR3-GP

mzso wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 17:14
AR3-GP wrote:

RB had the largest rear wing in Bahrain, and they were still faster in the straights.
They weren't. Ferrari was the quickest on the straights in Bahrain. iirc, Ferrari did 325/326. RB maxed at 321/322.

mzso

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 17:27
mzso wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

They weren't. Ferrari was the quickest on the straights in Bahrain. iirc, Ferrari did 325/326. RB maxed at 321/322.
I mistyped. I meant Jeddah.

organic

mzso wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 17:45
AR3-GP wrote:
mzso wrote:

I would not say RB had the largest RW in Jeddah. They had one of the smallest

Regardless, Ferrari is pretty efficient but it's not good enough. Maybe the setup window is not right, but still

mzso

organic wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 17:51
mzso wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 17:45
AR3-GP wrote:

I would not say RB had the largest RW in Jeddah. They had one of the smallest

Regardless, Ferrari is pretty efficient but it's not good enough. Maybe the setup window is not right, but still
I was mainly going by this.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 17:25
Why compare Perez's lap 38 personal best with Leclerc on lap 47? Perez has 9 laps more fuel and doesn't have a slip stream like Leclerc does.
LEC was well behind Sainz at the time, more than 3s, no slipstream. Feel free to compare other laps and post here :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

SoulPancake13

formu1a.uno calculates that Ferrari was 7 tenths slower per lap than last season... Of course the change to T22 is part of this, but it seems like this car is slower than the first half of last season still unfortunately. Not sure where to go from here. Is it a lack of downforce or a tyre issue? No idea, in qualy the SF 23 is quicker in every corner and straight than the F175 so it must be a race pace issue nonetheless. Ferrari works fine on the soft, but go to the hard and all the lap time is gone, so that speaks for downforce limitations. At the end of the day, my uneducated opinions is that Ferrari wants to run their car lower, but hasn't solved the bouncing completely - this bouncing is causing the reliability problems due to unpredicted vibrations to the engine. This is the reason the "correlation" is off - when the car is run at the height it wants it may genuinely be as fast as the sim.

Again, this is just my rambling. Sad to say that the season looks to be over, even if it's early. Red Bull is just way too strong.

Xyz22

organic

SoulPancake13 wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 19:51
Ferrari works fine on the soft, but go to the hard and all the lap time is gone, so that speaks for downforce limitations.
I don't think that follows. I'd say it's balance and/or suspension issues. Really they cannot use the tyres in the correct way

Venturiation

SoulPancake13 wrote:
formu1a.uno calculates that Ferrari was 7 tenths slower per lap than last season... Of course the change to T22 is part of this, but it seems like this car is slower than the first half of last season still unfortunately. Not sure where to go from here. Is it a lack of downforce or a tyre issue? No idea, in qualy the SF 23 is quicker in every corner and straight than the F175 so it must be a race pace issue nonetheless. Ferrari works fine on the soft, but go to the hard and all the lap time is gone, so that speaks for downforce limitations. At the end of the day, my uneducated opinions is that Ferrari wants to run their car lower, but hasn't solved the bouncing completely - this bouncing is causing the reliability problems due to unpredicted vibrations to the engine. This is the reason the "correlation" is off - when the car is run at the height it wants it may genuinely be as fast as the sim.

Again, this is just my rambling. Sad to say that the season looks to be over, even if it's early. Red Bull is just way too strong.
what redbull? they are slower than aston martin and the mercedes ( that confirmed the concept is binned)

kediown

SoulPancake13

Venturiation wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 19:58
SoulPancake13 wrote:

what redbull? they are slower than aston martin and the mercedes ( that confirmed the concept is binned)
Sure, but as the Scuderia Ferrari you have to look at the number 1. It's extremely disappointing that in Jeddah they were 4th fastest for that reason.