WorldSBK 2023

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately

Re: WorldSBK 2023

etusch

Pole for Toprak ? Good news. I hope it will be a good race.

johnny comelately

Wet R1

johnny comelately

What is the seamless status of these bikes? because Rea certainly did not have it this race (or quickshifter)
Great wet weather race, #22 getting a medical once over and Michael van der Mark did a dance

etusch

Do you know weather condition of Race 2?

etusch

Today's race was not so exciting for(especially after Toprak's crash). In fact there were many position fights but for 4th and below positions which are not bring same level of exitement of podium and win fights. Toprak and Kawa riders looks like they went wrong way in the settings or something like that they were nowhere to compete with ducatis. Yamaha's Locatelli also far better than Toprak's yamaha and than Kawa's.

johnny comelately

LOL I found it so exciting I nearly fell off my chair !
From the onboards the Ducartis are doing it easy: plenty of power and across the range, the chassis is stable and balanced, and they are easy on the tyres.
Locatelli on the Yamaha was the surpise, a good set up and his riding was very good.
The Kawasaki's have a bit more power now but too peaky, it seemed to damage the tyres.
And Toprak....what, how ??

etusch

etusch

Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK): “Normally we’re strong here!”

“I have good memories. This year, we will see. The first round was not really a strong weekend for me, but this circuit is my favourite. Last year, I had the same feeling when we went to Phillip Island. The bike felt different because we used the harder tyres and it’s a different track. It’s not like my style. My style is usually hard braking. Mandalika is my favourite circuit and I try to do my best again last year. Last year, we had three wins. This year we will see because everybody is very fast and very strong; everybody’s improved their bike. Normally, we are very strong here. I hope we have a strong start and are fighting again for the win.”

Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK): “I want to win a race and get my season off to a proper start”

“It’s been a tough week leaving Australia without the points we set out to gain. Everything was going quite smoothly up until race day. Hard to draw any big conclusions as to why. The bike balance is quite different to what we had during testing. Back to square one this weekend with a bike we know should work. We need to try and be more competitive. We’ll forget last weekend, we want to be strong this weekend whether it’s wet, dry, windy, whatever. I think we have a good chance this weekend to fight for podium. Our target is much more than that. I want to win a race and get my season off to a proper start.”

Alvaro Bautista (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati): “Last year, Toprak went fast, Jonathan was really competitive, so I expect them to fight for the victory in all three races!”

“We were celebrating as Champion here but now we are in a new season. I have good memories here and also after last weekend at Phillip Island. Last year, we struggled a bit here, so maybe we have many things to think about. With the weather here, it’s unpredictable, so you have to adapt a plan depending on the track condition. The biggest problem was on the front as Pirelli didn’t bring the tyre, I had used for most of last season. This year, they have brought it, so I’m looking to forward to see if the problem I have felt has gone. With what we saw at Phillip Island, I don’t think it is 100% true, as we had tests before the round, so many riders had a good setup and it’s a very particular track. This season, the rest of the riders are closing the gap and when you have a bad day, you have more riders in between. What is sure is that here last year, Toprak went fast, and Jonathan was really competitive, so I expect them to fight for the victory in all three races.”
from wsbk official website.

johnny comelately

Action begins in Mandalika 🇮🇩 | Last 5 minutes of #IDNWorldSBK FP2

etusch

Almost everyone slowed down untill the end of the race. Except Bautista and Locatelli. I assume that there is tyre usage issues with the teams especially Kawa but a bit issue for other ducati riders and yamahas too. Even honda started to overtake them at the end of the race.

The top six following WorldSBK Race 1 results:

1. Alvaro Bautista (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati)

2. Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +4.809s

3. Andrea Locatelli (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +6.586s

4. Axel Bassani (Motocorsa Racing) +8.871s

5. Danilo Petrucci (Barni Spark Racing Team) +11.667s

6. Michael van der Mark (ROKiT BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team) +12.685s

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 11:14
Almost everyone slowed down untill the end of the race. Except Bautista and Locatelli. I assume that there is tyre usage issues with the teams especially Kawa but a bit issue for other ducati riders and yamahas too. Even honda started to overtake them at the end of the race.

The top six following WorldSBK Race 1 results:

1. Alvaro Bautista (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati)

2. Toprak Razgatlioglu (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +4.809s

3. Andrea Locatelli (Pata Yamaha Prometeon WorldSBK) +6.586s

4. Axel Bassani (Motocorsa Racing) +8.871s

5. Danilo Petrucci (Barni Spark Racing Team) +11.667s

6. Michael van der Mark (ROKiT BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team) +12.685s
Agreed, maybe it was the peaky power of the KRT bikes, but the Ducartis....whew, fast and predictable!
KRT has some new data engineers maybe they are learning their way??

etusch

etusch

I felt during race Toprak and Rea feels helpless against Bautista. They already defeated in the head

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 12:33
I felt during race Toprak and Rea feels helpless against Bautista. They already defeated in the head
The streaming got cut off here, so I can only imagine. This years parity has not worked or the Japanese engineers gave got their torque curve wrong??