2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Chuckjr

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
24 May 2023, 11:25
DGP123 wrote:
24 May 2023, 09:40

What will Alonso be, 44? Can’t see it.
I think Fernando will fight for the world championship again. At least I certainly wish so. But it is a fact he has now a higher chance than in 15 years since Renault 2008, regardless of his age. In Ferrari despite his heroics he never had the car.
Not sure he will this year (hope I’m wrong), but I think he likely will next year. I think if AM can get within .25 seconds of RB next year, Fred can out race craft Max and win in a slower car. But it has to be much closer than now in race trim. AM will certainly have the facility to get it done.
Watching F1 since 1986.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Krack: "Here we have some upgrades from Imola"

"There is no reason to think that Fernando will be with us in 2026." (translation error)

Last edited by KimiRai on 25 May 2023, 13:55, edited 6 times in total.

aray
aray

Google translate says so, but I think Krack meant to say no reason not to believe or something along the line. Else it would be very rude...any Spanish speaker?

KimiRai
KimiRai

aray wrote:
25 May 2023, 11:15
Google translate says so, but I think Krack said no reason not to believe or something along the line. Else it would be very rude...
It was a translation error from Fabrega.
Last edited by KimiRai on 25 May 2023, 13:37, edited 2 times in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Yeah Fabrega did a sloppy job. (phew)

Juzh

Chuckjr wrote:
25 May 2023, 10:18
I think if AM can get within .25 seconds of RB next year, Fred can out race craft Max and win in a slower car.
It's only 6 tenths deficit that alonso needs to win. As is generally accepted.
/s

SiLo

KimiRai wrote:
25 May 2023, 11:20
Okay Fabrega could've made a poor translation, because on this article it says "there’s no reason to think he should NOT be with us in the car in 2026". Someone is wrong out of the two.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/05/ ... 1-in-2026/
This is how I read it anyway, otherwise its an odd statement from him.

We should see drivers going longer as the cars are less physical to drive, and their fitness levels continue to increase.
Felipe Baby!

KimiRai
KimiRai

In a media session on Thursday morning, team principal Mike Krack said it was challenging not to have your own gearbox yet, but "space has been reserved in the new factory so we can develop our own gearbox. In the next few months we should be able to do that and be ready by 2026."

The Silverstone team will start moving into the new factory over the weekend and will, among other things, push forward with the development of its own transmission, which will be fitted to the car from 2026.

In his media round in Monaco, he placed particular emphasis on the integration of engine development with chassis design:

"If you look at the engine regulations for the 2026 season and the chassis regulations that will be developed from them, you can see that full integration or at least a high degree of integration with the power unit is needed in order to to develop the chassis suitable for this regulation."

"If you have a working association, the flow of information is much more open, you get data sooner, for example on energy management, the aerodynamic configuration that you have to choose to achieve the right objective. It is a great advantage for this interpretation of the normative".

"I think we should never forget where we came from, we have to keep our heads down and work hard to see where we end up," Krack said in his media roundup.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
25 May 2023, 12:24
In a media session on Thursday morning, team principal Mike Krack said it was challenging not to have your own gearbox yet, but "space has been reserved in the new factory so we can develop our own gearbox. In the next few months we should be able to do that and be ready by 2026."

The Silverstone team will start moving into the new factory over the weekend and will, among other things, push forward with the development of its own transmission, which will be fitted to the car from 2026.

In his media round in Monaco, he placed particular emphasis on the integration of engine development with chassis design:

"If you look at the engine regulations for the 2026 season and the chassis regulations that will be developed from them, you can see that full integration or at least a high degree of integration with the power unit is needed in order to to develop the chassis suitable for this regulation."

"If you have a working association, the flow of information is much more open, you get data sooner, for example on energy management, the aerodynamic configuration that you have to choose to achieve the right objective. It is a great advantage for this interpretation of the normative".

"I think we should never forget where we came from, we have to keep our heads down and work hard to see where we end up," Krack said in his media roundup.
@Diffuser

KimiRai
KimiRai

Fabrega:
"In the Krack statement tweet this morning I made a typo.
The correct phrase is:
"There is no reason to think that Fernando will NOT be with us in 2026""

All this controversy caused by Krack being pompous with his statements, but I guess it makes sense because technically there are no contracts signed even for 2025 yet. But this makes me think It's pretty likely Alonso will race in 2026.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
25 May 2023, 12:39
KimiRai wrote:

@Diffuser

I was at the Media Scrum and ask those questions ;)

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
25 May 2023, 13:59
AR3-GP wrote:
25 May 2023, 12:39
KimiRai wrote:

@Diffuser

I was at the Media Scrum and ask those questions ;)
:lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Lawrence Stroll has played Toto Wolff like a fiddle in the process of trying to construct a championship contending F1 team. This starts all the way from the bones of the W10 which led to the infamous RP20, and the close collaboration with Mercedes which allowed them to study the then championship winning team's windtunnel, PU, gearbox and aerodynamic designs and which has now been completed with the jettisoning of the Mercedes windtunnel, PU, and gearbox all by 2026 with sufficient understanding to do everything better :lol:

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
25 May 2023, 14:22
Lawrence Stroll has played Toto Wolff like a fiddle in the process of trying to construct a championship contending F1 team. This starts all the way from the bones of the W10 which led to the infamous RP20, and the close collaboration with Mercedes which allowed them to study the then championship winning team's windtunnel, PU, gearbox and aerodynamic designs and which has now been completed with the jettisoning of the Mercedes windtunnel, PU, and gearbox all by 2026 with sufficient understanding to do everything better :lol:
Now that they have to make their own gearbox they'll lobby to make it simpler. F1 has always been more politics than racing and having a Briatore/Lawrence type boss is key.
Last edited by KimiRai on 25 May 2023, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
25 May 2023, 14:30
AR3-GP wrote:
25 May 2023, 14:22
Now that they have to make their own gearbox they'll lobby to make it simpler. F1 has always been more politics than racing
Aston Martin is not afraid to make gearboxes imo. They just took advantage of what they could buy from Mercedes so that they could focus more on building up other aspects of the team. Remember that the team almost went under in 2019. Unsurprisingly, they are coming full circle and will be a full constructor with their own engine supplier again by 2026.