2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
search

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

not that it mattered in the end, but did Stroll have a bad pit stop or were they just fooled into the wrong strategy by that Ferrari "fake call"? Before the stop, Stroll was ahead, afterwards he was behind both, Sainz and Leclerc.

F1doc
F1doc

Alonso and the car did well today regardless of penalty. How the penalty was decided and communicated is far from satisfactory, but AM haven't fully lost out.

1) The competitive nature of their package bodes well for the early season.

2) Many of their sponsors will have enjoyed seeing themselves on the physical podium at their "home" race and the exposure that brings. All the photos that the media have of the podium won't have MB and their sponsors.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

search wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 22:29
not that it mattered in the end, but did Stroll have a bad pit stop or were they just fooled into the wrong strategy by that Ferrari "fake call"? Before the stop, Stroll was ahead, afterwards he was behind both, Sainz and Leclerc.
He must have had a slow outlap on the hards.

Redragon

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 22:48
search wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 22:29
He must have had a slow outlap on the hards.
I think came out Sainz 1 sec behind whom pitted but Leclerc still had to pit. I think seeing how bad Ferrari were on the hard tires, Stroll could have overtake them if he didn't have to abandon.

RedNEO

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:16
I wonder if this could be appealed by AM... Yes, it was strategic from Merc, but FIA should have also seen it even better than Merc and did nothing until the end of the race... I mean, it happened on lap 18/50 ... I am 100% sure Alonso would have made up a 10 sec gap to Russel if he knew what was going on. Good thing at least was his last lap and 0.3 gap to Hamilton... But FIA is a joke, proper and utter joke... Silver lining: car is number 2 on merit pace wise... Epic jump from AM...
I think they have good grounds for an appeal..
For those who say that even touching the car is a penalty.

Hamilton serving his 10s penalty in Silverstone 2021. Both jacks are touching the car

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxwWBENaJ35j ... 1MhkOIcByq

totally inconsistent rules just killing the sport for the past years
So the FIA just opened themselves up to a big can of worms.
Last edited by RedNEO on 19 Mar 2023, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Alcatraz

Alo_Fan wrote:
bluechris wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:04
I am pretty pissed really with this.
Me too
I also am very.......angryyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

KimiRai
KimiRai

If there is one area where Stroll needs to learn from Fernando, it is tyre management. In both races Stroll's tyres died off way before Fernando's.

InsaneX_Badger

It's clear there needs to be a clarification on the rule. Personally I think the only thing that should be allowed to touch the car are the jacks and I only mean to be in position like it was for Alonso and not to lift the car. This is to ensure the car will be safe for the rest of the crew when they are finally allowed to touch the car. Plus such a defined rule will remove all ambiguity.

Slahinki
Slahinki

Alo_Fan wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:05
bluechris wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:04
I am pretty pissed really with this.
Me too
Don't you just love it when you close the race broadcast after the podiums and find out on the internet within minutes that the race result has been changed due to some arbitrary FIA bullshite? Why even bother watching teh races at this point when you need to check the race results online to make sure you didn't miss anything. Absolute amateur hour at FIA.

KimiRai
KimiRai

If Fernando nails the lap and Aston nail the setup, there's a chance Alonso may fight for the pole in Melbourne (hopefully I haven't jinxed it)

zeph
zeph

FIA Boooh...

organic

Car was 2nd fastest 2 races in a row. The podium disappearing to a dumb penalty is a shame, but the car was very quick at 2 very different tracks.. good results will come thick and fast this season, especially with RB's wavering reliability

RedNEO

RedNEO wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 23:02
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:16
I wonder if this could be appealed by AM... Yes, it was strategic from Merc, but FIA should have also seen it even better than Merc and did nothing until the end of the race... I mean, it happened on lap 18/50 ... I am 100% sure Alonso would have made up a 10 sec gap to Russel if he knew what was going on. Good thing at least was his last lap and 0.3 gap to Hamilton... But FIA is a joke, proper and utter joke... Silver lining: car is number 2 on merit pace wise... Epic jump from AM...
I think they have good grounds for an appeal..
For those who say that even touching the car is a penalty.

Hamilton serving his 10s penalty in Silverstone 2021. Both jacks are touching the car

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxwWBENaJ35j ... 1MhkOIcByq

totally inconsistent rules just killing the sport for the past years
So the FIA just opened themselves up to a big can of worms.
Even more recent example.. Verstappen Brazil 2022.. front jack touches car no penalty

Edax
Edax

Chanman141 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 20:57
That’s strategy for you, Merc knew Alonso could pull that gap so waited as late as possible to make the dispute
I sincerely hope this is not the case. One mercedes team denying another mercedes team the 100th victory of their driver, via the judges table.

let’s hope not but if it were to be true then I cannot imagine the parent company being very happy with the brand damage their works team is doing.

RedNEO