2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

nowaysthatsreal wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 00:00
FIA is a joke!! I wish we could see what Alonsos lap times for last stint be if he pushed like Verstappen or Perez. Great podium regardless!!
F***ed It Again
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

F1doc

avantman wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 00:11
Congrats to all F1 fans! Supreme justice has prevailed for once.
Until it happens again. For what is meant to be the pinnacle of Motorsport, it isn't governed well at all.

Well done on Aston for not rolling over and taking the decision.

Mansell89

Tremendous from Alonso- 2 podiums from 2 - absolutely maximising his points given the car under him.

To think only Adrian Neweys tricks are preventing perhaps the greatest mid-season leap in car performance in over 20 years resulting in a Championship charge is incredible.

Huge congratulations to Dan Fallows, Eric Blandin and the whole team. Staggering =D>

Slahinki

Sanity has prevailed for once, now let's see how many days go by before the next bout of insanity at the FIA clown show.

avantman

This bs won't happen again. Accidental touching a car with a jack won't be considered as working with a car.

Steven
Owner

Can we please discuss the race in the race thread?

NAPI10

Has team identified the issue with Lance's car?
No official statement from the team yet; really strange.

peewon

NAPI10 wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 04:17
Has team identified the issue with Lance's car?
No official statement from the team yet; really strange.
I believe it was an ERS issue. Someone said that he was clipping at the end of quali lap as well. Which shouldn't happen unless theres a problem. The team officially said 'reduction in energy recovery'

chrisc90

I’m sure I seen a puff of smoke out the back for a brief moment before he slowed for the corner.

A turbo issue would indicate a energy recovery problem.

Although it didn’t have the more telling signs of turbo failure

NAPI10

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 12:08
I’m sure I seen a puff of smoke out the back for a brief moment before he slowed for the corner.

A turbo issue would indicate a energy recovery problem.

Although it didn’t have the more telling signs of turbo failure
Team didn't bother Alonso to manage anything in the car during the race so seems one-off issue.

NAPI10

Team said last year that it’s a 5 year plan to build championship winning car. Looking at the performance jump that AM has made & Alonso’s form ; team should target 2024 as championship challenge year?
Team is going to new facility this year ; new wind-tunnel will be available next year.AM has all tools & confidence to mount challenge on Red bull in 2024.Ferrari is trembling/Merc is not at usual best so this is a perfect time to strike.

Zynerji

NAPI10 wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:09
Team said last year that it’s a 5 year plan to build championship winning car. Looking at the performance jump that AM has made & Alonso’s form ; team should target 2024 as championship challenge year?
Team is going to new facility this year ; new wind-tunnel will be available next year.AM has all tools & confidence to mount challenge on Red bull in 2024.Ferrari is trembling/Merc is not at usual best so this is a perfect time to strike.
Aero dev allowance could see AM winning the last 4-5 races if they are this close already. Probably wont know if 2023 may even be their year for the Championship until after the summer break!

Alonsismo

if the imola upgrades work, we should try to win this WDC

with alonso, it is posible, we only need a litle bit of internal war in RB and Fernando will do it.

this is the best car he has driven since at least 2010

AR3-GP

Alonsismo wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:59

with alonso, it is posible, we only need a litle bit of internal war in RB and Fernando will do it.

I think it's a big big ask. The problem is RB also has upgrades. If RB stand still, it would be a tall order for AMR to even catch them by end of the year. If RB do any upgrades, the target moves. AMR basically have to have out upgrade RB at 9 tenths to 1 second, in the span of the next 3 months. I can't see this happening. Remember that teams basically run out of budget for '23 car and move to next year by August. That is only 4 months away.

NAPI10

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 17:00
Alonsismo wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:59

I think it's a big big ask. The problem is RB also has upgrades. If RB stand still, it would be a tall order for AMR to even catch them by end of the year. If RB do any upgrades, the target moves. AMR basically have to have out upgrade RB at 9 tenths to 1 second, in the span of the next 3 months. I can't see this happening. Remember that teams basically run out of budget for '23 car and move to next year by August. That is only 4 months away.
Agree.
Catching Redbull this year is going to be a tall order…almost impossible. Unless of reliability issues or internal conflict; they are un-touchable.
Having said that, Imola package is going to be significantly important. If AM takes a next step to close the gap with Red bull; it’s a great confidence booster for 2024.
Andrew Newey was on track & keenly observing/studding AMR23 before race start…. that’s an ominous sign.