2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Max's fastest lap was garbage tbh. Left a good chunk of laptime on the table.

avantman

Juzh wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:02
Where? He had a moment in T22 and lost there and on the following straight, but tires were not at their best clearly...but garbage? Purple S1(two tenths faster than anybody), nearly quelled purple S2 and just 0,06slower than purple S3 due to that oversteer correction in T22.

Juzh

avantman wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:25
Juzh wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 15:02
Where? He had a moment in T22 and lost there and on the following straight, but tires were not at their best clearly...but garbage? Purple S1(two tenths faster than anybody), nearly quelled purple S2 and just 0,06slower than purple S3 due to that oversteer correction in T22.
That T22 error made him go completely off throttle in an otherwise acceleration zone. Clearly lost time, and not so little, a tenth minimum, probably two.
He also had a moment in T13, more time gone.
Tyres were ok, otherwise it's not possible to set a good sector 1 time.

Just saying there was more time to be had in the RB19.

KimiRai

Looking at Ocon vs Alonso in 2021 and 2022 (without the first 4 races of 2021 due to Alonso adaptation), the qualifying sessions where Stroll has a decent chance of being ahead are:

- Jeddah (missed)
- Miami
- Monaco
- Hungary
- Spa
- Zandvoort
- Suzuka
- Abu Dhabi

The other tracks it's not like he can't be ahead, but I just find it more unlikely. Those are Fernando's qualifying weakest tracks from the past 2 years. Again, I only looked at the past two years.

AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 17:48
Looking at Ocon vs Alonso in 2021 and 2022 (without the first 4 races of 2021 due to Alonso adaptation), the qualifying sessions where Stroll has a decent chance of being ahead are:

- Jeddah (missed)
- Miami
- Monaco
- Hungary
- Spa
- Zandvoort
- Suzuka
- Abu Dhabi

The other tracks it's not like he can't be ahead, but I just find it more unlikely. Those are Fernando's qualifying weakest tracks from the past 2 years. Again, I only looked at the past two years.
I don't think this makes any sense to be thinking about it like this. The Renault was a different car. A worse and more unpredictable car.

KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 18:13
KimiRai wrote:

- Jeddah (missed)
- Miami
- Monaco
- Hungary
- Spa
- Zandvoort
- Suzuka
- Abu Dhabi

I don't think this makes any sense to be thinking about it like this. The Renault was a different car. A worse and more unpredictable car.
Sure, but Fernando is the same Fernando with the same platform and jink to the steering wheel

NutritionFact

"Everyone is an Aston Martin now"

I think , he knows about The Upgrades which will follow .
And Well placed and funny.
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

KimiRai

I think it was Crofty who said during testing that Team Silverstone usually has 10kg less fuel than RB. Not sure if that's correct and where it came from but it does seem like they push the car a little bit more during Free Practices than RB does, which is why Fernando's gap is usually closer there than in qualy.

Fernando in Bahrain was 2nd, 1st and 1st (although only very marginally ahead of the RBs both times he was 1st) which translated into 5th in qualifying. Jeddah FPs was 3rd, 2nd and 3rd which translated into a 4th without Verstappen driveshaft issues.

We'll see what happens later in the season if Fernando gets to a track and finishes a FP 1st and with a bigger margin than just one tenth. That could be the sign he can at least fight Perez on merit (not just on the start) like Verstappen did against Bottas in some races.

Mansell89

Looking forward to seeing Aston in Melbourne- kinda feel like the car should suit that track quite nicely.

I wonder what development pipeline and direction Dan Fallows and Eric Blandin have in mind for this season- looks like their baseline correlation has been exactly what they want from what we read?

abhi1200

Tweet Translated: The 7 precedents that @AstonMartinF1 showed to the FIA to avoid sanctioning @alo_oficial?
There are a few of @MercedesAMGF1

Last edited by abhi1200 on 23 Mar 2023, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.

Alo_Fan

KimiRai wrote:

- Jeddah (missed)
- Miami
- Monaco
- Hungary
- Spa
- Zandvoort
- Suzuka
- Abu Dhabi

I think Fernando will be mega at Monaco this year, the mechanical grip is beautiful just like 2010-2012 with the Ferrari

Alo_Fan

Mansell89 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 13:40
Looking forward to seeing Aston in Melbourne- kinda feel like the car should suit that track quite nicely.

I wonder what development pipeline and direction Dan Fallows and Eric Blandin have in mind for this season- looks like their baseline correlation has been exactly what they want from what we read?
The first big upgrade of the season comes in Imola, I expect them to revamp the floor design a bit

NAPI10

Trophy is back where it belongs :D :D :D :D

-wkst-

Alo_Fan wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 14:18
Mansell89 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 13:40

The first big upgrade of the season comes in Imola, I expect them to revamp the floor design a bit
To be fair, just AMuS reported this yet. Who knows, maybe they will bring smaller updates, but more often. I guess the real development race starts already in Baku.