2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Slahinki

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Mclarenfanboy wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 12:56
Have we ever been rock bottom in the standings at the end of the year, or 2015 ninth place was the worst... I can t remember...
Never been dead last from what I can see. Closest being 2015, 2017 and a couple of cars that raced only a few races in the '60s. Like the M2B with the Serenissima engine in '66, and the M4B in '67 and M5A in '67 and '68.

Macklaren

I think this is clearly rock bottom

(...I'm talking about the quality of posts in this thread in recent weeks)

Ben1980

2015 and 2017 finished 9th.

This year the team will finish above 9th.

haza

Straight after testing I made some (bold) predictions for the season an what I think is going to be the outcome I’m posting it here as this is what (after day 3 of testing) I feel McLaren can do for this season, I was in the ball mark with season start after the last couple races Let’s hope I stay right

2023 pecking order

Round 1 (season start)

1.Redbull
2.Aston Martin
3.Ferrari
4.Mercedes
5.Alpine
6.Haas
7.McLaren
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Round 12 (mid season)

1.Red bull
2.Mercedes
3.Aston Martin
4.McLaren
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7. Haas
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.Alpha tauri

Round 23 (end of season)

1.Mercedes
2.McLaren
3.Redbull
4.Aston Martin
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7.Williams
8.Haas
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Constructors:

1:Redbull
2:Mercedes
3:McLaren
4:Aston Martin
5:Ferrari
6:Alpine
7:Williams
8:Haas
9:Alfa Romeo
10:Alpha tauri

Predictions

1: Mercedes and McLaren to end the season as the top 2 fastest teams

2: red bull to dominate until mid season an will be caught up by McLaren Mercedes and Aston

3:McLaren to struggle for points in the early races with gradual updates giving them the pace to compete for wins from mid season onwards but lack of points in the first few races races costs them P2 in the constructors

4:Red bull wins the constructors due to early season domination

5: Norris, Hamilton, Russel, Alonso, Piastri, Perez, verstappen, leclerc to all win a race during the season

6: 70 points separate the top 3 teams in the constructors (redbull, Mercedes, McLaren)

8: drivers championship to go down to the last race with 5 drivers in contention

9: Mercedes struggle to get on the podium in the first 5 races with Miami seeing a whole new Concept brought by the team by round 7 they are near enough caught up to redbull

10: Aston Martin to be second fastest team until race 7 with Mercedes and McLaren jumping ahead in the races following round 7 and alonso to win at least 1 race

11:chaotic wet race sees a Williams driver on the podium

12: final races of the season see Mercedes McLaren redbull Aston Martin within 0.250 seconds of each other

Bold predictions but anything can happen in F1 an usually it does
Last edited by haza on 21 Mar 2023, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

organic

:lol:

Slahinki

Bold predictions indeed. I can't say I think it's realistic, but if things do shake out that way I'll be absolutely ecstatic. :D

haza

Slahinki wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:40
Bold predictions indeed. I can't say I think it's realistic, but if things do shake out that way I'll be absolutely ecstatic. :D
Got too have a we bit of hope 😉 on a serious note anything can happen no one would have thought Aston Martin would have second fastest car but they do

Macklaren

haza wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 16:25

Constructors:

This is hilariously unrealistic. NO chance that Williams will beat Haas and Alfa
Everything else looks spot on though :lol:

Ground Effect

haza wrote:
Straight after testing I made some (bold) predictions for the season an what I think is going to be the outcome I’m posting it here as this is what (after day 3 of testing) I feel McLaren can do for this season, I was in the ball mark with season start after the last couple races Let’s hope I stay right

2023 pecking order

Round 1 (season start)

1.Redbull
2.Aston Martin
3.Ferrari
4.Mercedes
5.Alpine
6.Haas
7.McLaren
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Round 12 (mid season)

1.Red bull
2.Mercedes
3.Aston Martin
4.McLaren
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7. Haas
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.Alpha tauri

Round 23 (end of season)

1.Mercedes
2.McLaren
3.Redbull
4.Aston Martin
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7.Williams
8.Haas
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Constructors:

Predictions

2: red bull to dominate until mid season an will be caught up by McLaren Mercedes and Aston

3:McLaren to struggle for points in the early races with gradual updates giving them the pace to compete for wins from mid season onwards but lack of points in the first few races races costs them P2 in the constructors

5: Norris, Hamilton, Russel, Alonso, Piastri, Perez, verstappen, leclerc to all win a race during the season

6: 70 points separate the top 3 teams in the constructors (redbull, Mercedes, McLaren)

8: drivers championship to go down to the last race with 5 drivers in contention

9: Mercedes struggle to get on the podium in the first 5 races with Miami seeing a whole new Concept brought by the team by round 7 they are near enough caught up to redbull

10: Aston Martin to be second fastest team until race 7 with Mercedes and McLaren jumping ahead in the races following round 7 and alonso to win at least 1 race

12: final races of the season see Mercedes McLaren redbull Aston Martin within 0.250 seconds of each other

Comic relief is always welcome... :lol: If by some wild miracle this happens, we'll petition for a statue of you at the MTC.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

MTudor

haza wrote:

2023 pecking order

Round 1 (season start)

1.Redbull
2.Aston Martin
3.Ferrari
4.Mercedes
5.Alpine
6.Haas
7.McLaren
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Round 12 (mid season)

1.Red bull
2.Mercedes
3.Aston Martin
4.McLaren
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7. Haas
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.Alpha tauri

Round 23 (end of season)

1.Mercedes
2.McLaren
3.Redbull
4.Aston Martin
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7.Williams
8.Haas
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Constructors:

Predictions

Very interesting ur predections,I wonder if ur right in the end 😀

MTudor

Watching this video: I wonder how would an F1 car look interpreted by AI.
Is Adrian Newey an AI in human form 😂😂😂

haza

MTudor wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:46
haza wrote:

2023 pecking order

Round 1 (season start)

1.Redbull
2.Aston Martin
3.Ferrari
4.Mercedes
5.Alpine
6.Haas
7.McLaren
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Round 12 (mid season)

1.Red bull
2.Mercedes
3.Aston Martin
4.McLaren
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7. Haas
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.Alpha tauri

Round 23 (end of season)

1.Mercedes
2.McLaren
3.Redbull
4.Aston Martin
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7.Williams
8.Haas
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Constructors:

Predictions

I’ll be shocked if I am (never say never) but hey there’s been too much negativity in this thread so may eswell enlighten it with some wishful thinking

MTudor

haza wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 22:44
MTudor wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 20:46
haza wrote:

2023 pecking order

Round 1 (season start)

1.Redbull
2.Aston Martin
3.Ferrari
4.Mercedes
5.Alpine
6.Haas
7.McLaren
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Round 12 (mid season)

1.Red bull
2.Mercedes
3.Aston Martin
4.McLaren
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7. Haas
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.Alpha tauri

Round 23 (end of season)

1.Mercedes
2.McLaren
3.Redbull
4.Aston Martin
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7.Williams
8.Haas
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Constructors:

Predictions

I’ll be shocked if I am (never say never) but hey there’s been too much negativity in this thread so may eswell enlighten it with some wishful thinking
Yeah like ying and yang 😀😀😀

Motörhead

haza wrote:

2023 pecking order

Round 1 (season start)

1.Redbull
2.Aston Martin
3.Ferrari
4.Mercedes
5.Alpine
6.Haas
7.McLaren
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Round 12 (mid season)

1.Red bull
2.Mercedes
3.Aston Martin
4.McLaren
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7. Haas
8.Williams
9.Alfa Romeo
10.Alpha tauri

Round 23 (end of season)

1.Mercedes
2.McLaren
3.Redbull
4.Aston Martin
5.Ferrari
6.Alpine
7.Williams
8.Haas
9.Alfa Romeo
10.alpha tauri

Constructors:

Predictions

Whilst I share your enthusiasm and I really do, believe me, there’s nothing more I’d like better than to be back at the top by the end of the season, however, It would mean that we would have failed again. I’m not going out of my way to be negative, but we have to face the facts.
To do this, (get in the top 3-4 teams) it means we have to develop too far into this season which will basically put us at too much of a disadvantage for next season.
Why do McLaren always finish the season strongly?
Because, this is what always happens.
Until McLaren break this cycle it will always be the way.
After the Baku upgrade, McLaren should concentrate all their efforts into next year. Then we might stand a chance of really competing again.
And this is what we all want surely…….

Lucky

So McLaren knows which areas need to be improved, and that can feed into the upgrade for Baku. "If we look at the upgrade for Baku, then the figures look promising. Hopefully we can reach the fifth place with this. But that's not enough to achieve our season goals, because we want to have a top-4 car." After Baku, work on the car has to continue in order to make the big leap forward
https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... r-23032204