Ferrari SF23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach

Re: Ferrari SF23

AR3-GP wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 21:43
jambuka wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 21:40
Just watched Charles Q3 qualifying lap at Jeddah. Even on soft's the car was bouncing. To me this indicates one of two things
I don't think that was bouncing. You will notice a similar amount of movement from other cars onboards in Jeddah.
Agreed, some level of scraping the floor is to be expected, it will always be there.

atanatizante

This Italian YouTuber pretended he got some info regarding which directions are for the upgrades that are coming soon:

(click Auto-translate > English)

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

jambuka

New floor for FP1 in Australia ? Didn’t they also test a new floor in Jeddah FP1?

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-to-tes ... ralian-gp/

F1NAC

atanatizante wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 13:52
This Italian YouTuber pretended he got some info regarding which directions are for the upgrades that are coming soon:

I think it is a BS. Don't get me wrong. But to bring "B spec" car at the weekend where there will be reduction in number of tyre sets and also trial to different quali format seems stupid to me.

Xwang

Longitudinal loads transfer?

S D

Xwang wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 16:01
Longitudinal loads transfer?
If I understand correctly, Longitudinal load transfer causes the CoG (center of gravity) of the car to move forward and down on braking and the opposite in accelerating. So during braking there will be more load on the front tires and in accelerating more load on the rear tires.

It can also change the effect on the aerodynamics as the air is passing over, around and under the car. So this is why you need to operate with a stiffer suspension in order to counteract the unwanted movement. Is this correct?

So if this is the top issue for SF23 does anyone know if the concern is under braking, accelerating, at low or high speed, cornering or all of the above?

jambuka

Anyone has photo of the floor in Bahrain or Jeddah to compare with the new floor at Australia ?

jambuka

Floor edge Jeddah
https://imgur.com/a/KOcuSd1

Floor edge Australia

https://imgur.com/a/LqWc9zF

Seems to me the floor corner is more pointed and reinforced at Australia compared to jeddah

organic

A good pic of the single pillar wing and its attachment to the chassis and main plane

Autosport 📸

zioture

atanatizante wrote:

This information is only often false speculations, which start from the printed paper. This youtuber reports the same things written on some site, but in reality they are often news invented to make clicks

Sevach

The stay changed.

sucof

Lecrelc just said in an interview, that the weight of the car is what changes everything to the worse in a race.
I guess this is a useful info.

F1NAC

Looking at the single pillar construction. Ferrari's pillar seems a bit chunkier than RB19. Possibly to tackle with wobblyness.

Sevach

sucof wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 15:34
Lecrelc just said in an interview, that the weight of the car is what changes everything to the worse in a race.
I guess this is a useful info.
Hmmmm, the weight should be centered, alter the balance the least, also compartments to keep fuel from sloshing too much, those are basics that i'm sure Ferrari is doing.

And then there's the fact that Ferrari often looks better early in the race than they do in the final stint... it's weird to have a car good in qualy, decent fueled to the brim on, and bad at half tank.

gordonthegun

atanatizante wrote:

The same YouTuber says, at the beginning of today video, that in Imola will arrive only new floor and rear suspension, while the new sidepods will be brought in Barcelona (I wonder what is the source of the "B" theory, appeared first on Motorsport Italy, which the YouTuber is clearly referring to, adding to it a "B-splitted" theory):

P.S.: Why has this post been rated negatively? What is the problem?
Last edited by gordonthegun on 31 Mar 2023, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.