Red Bull RB19

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
organic

Re: Red Bull RB19

Upgrades for Australia. Front wing flaps are changing and they have had to make new endplates to accommodate this due to the new front rule requirements affecting modularity.

Should probably get more front downforce after this change

Will look for any photos of the new front wing today. I have this photo from Australia from Autosport but I compared it to a very similar photo posted from pre-season testing and it doesn't seem like anything has changed at all, so I think that's still the old spec out for Thursday.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

That would suggest that the very slim front wing was....an oversight? Hard to argue that it's not a good car, but interesting that they would bring a new front wing and basically say the old one didn't have enough load for balancing. I guess Max input his trademark "more front" :lol:

PlatinumZealot

Means they are using a bigger rear wing then with more front brake bias.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 02:02
Means they are using a bigger rear wing then with more front brake bias.
They say the new FW profile should suit the next 2 tracks: I think they just want more front downforce for Melbourne / Baku which require positive turn-in. Neither of these tracks will require a higher df RW. Max has their Saudi RW on the car for FP1 i believe

organic

Dive plane is far more intricate now with a deep channel formed by its u-shaped curvature. The flaps are quite a bit different - far less backed off on the outboard half of elements 3&4. More in line with other top teams now I'd say

Fabrega 📸

Andreas Haupt (AMuS) 📸

Sevach
Sevach

Max in Jeddah aero config and Checo with more downforce and the new FW.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sevach wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 05:02
https://cdn-8.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... ing-1.webp

https://cdn-9.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... g-r-1.webp

Max in Jeddah aero config and Checo with more downforce and the new FW.
This actually suggest to me that they wanted more front end in Bahrain and this could have been hat Max was hinting at when he said "we know our weaknesses" after Bahrain. It makes sense that the Bahrain rear wing now has a more loaded front wing to balance it.

atanatizante

Sorry for the poor pictures but is it just me or now RB19 is sporting some kinda pockets at both sides of the central diffuser area (gearbox casing area?) something that we could see at the front of the RB18 car last year?

If I`m not wrong (although I could identify them cristal-clear watching live F1TV Pro at HD resolution when mechanics was turning the car into the garage ) what are their purpose? Increasing downforce at the rear with a little drag in return?

And in the below picture could we see a vertical slit in the diffuser outer fence or is it just a sensor or whatever cable? If indeed it`s a slit it would be allowed to have that?

Last edited by atanatizante on 31 Mar 2023, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

organic

Vertical slit is just reflection/artefact that ppl have been imagining since testing 2022.

The diffuser steps are also nothing new nor exclusive to RB, existing since preseason 2022 as well and was on last year's McLaren early in the season. They are not the same functionally as the bumps at the front of the floor

zubster
zubster

Anyone got pictures of the floor yet from Checos car?

F1Krof

Did someone manage to sneak an under skirt picture of RB19 when Checo beached?
Wroom wroom

organic

Best I can do is the rb19 going for a picnic

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 08:42

https://i.imgur.com/Kk4cutW.jpeg
The world's most expensive lawnmower.

The crane did not lift the car very high. I don't think there's any good pictures to come of this but it wouldn't shock me if the floor looks like last year's Monaco photo (again Perez #-o ). There was only 1 photographer on the scene and they did not appear to take any photos during the recovery which was broadcast in it's entirety.

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:20
organic wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 08:42

https://i.imgur.com/Kk4cutW.jpeg
The world's most expensive lawnmower.

The crane did not lift the car very high. I don't think there's any good pictures to come of this but it wouldn't shock me if the floor looks like last year's Monaco photo (again Perez #-o ). There was only 1 photographer on the scene and they did not appear to take any photos during the recovery which was broadcast in it's entirety.
Agree. They car was only marginally above wheel height lifted off the floor and certainly wasn’t high enough to clear the barriers to get a photo.

Chuckjr

If you watch the replay, I think there is a photographer taking photos of the underbelly before they set it down on the grass. He’s down on one knee taking photos when they had the car in the air. Maybe photos will drop over the coming days—I hope. [-o<
Watching F1 since 1986.